Electrical juice press = good investment

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Electrical juice press = good investment

Post by RRM »

The Santos 10 juicer is very strong and effective.
Santos juicer.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Rawr; I haven't been able to find it in Kuwait. I may have to settle for something I can get locally. Are there any qualities I should look for? You recomend an electric, right? I found this http://www.productreview.com.au/p/profe ... press.html and this one, https://www.xcite.com/small-housewares/ ... -watt.html in Kuwait. What do you think? Is it worth it to wait a couple months?
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Concerning the breville, "Was VERY disappointed to find that the strainer basket and metal container with spout were both made of aluminum. Would much rather see stainless steel. Breville went to the trouble of making the exterior housing stainless, why not the more important innards? 3 stars because of that."

I've also read from a review that the blades are really aluminum underneath stainless steel paint, which comes off after a year or so.

Is that a big concern? Should I not drink juice that has touched aluminum? I can't find many people complaining, only the quote above and the other mentioned out of hundreds of reviews. So maybe it's not true, or not really a big deal.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Update - Just bought the juicer and made juice. Surprised at how loose-fitting all the components are.

I can't compare it to other juicers in the same category, but it cost me 33 dinar (about $115 or 46 Euro); usually it goes for double that.

I get about 100ml per mid-sized orange, and have to rinse out the grill every litre or so, though it is super easy to clean. It runs quietly and is quite easy to work. The real work for me now is in buying the actual oranges (carrying them to my home). I calculated that buying juice here is 2.5 times the price of making it. Costs me about $7 usd to make 3 litres and would be about $18 to buy that much.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I dont think the aluminium is a concern regarding touching the juice.
The Princess seems more robust no?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
overkees

Post by overkees »

NO! NO! I had that princess and it broke within 3 months. My parents had the same and it also broke very soon and they don't even press large amounts of juice. PLEASE, don't choose the princess, it sucks!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Thanks for clearing that up, overkees! :)
dime

Post by dime »

I make 3L juice in 40 minutes (cleaning and all) with a manuall press like this. Just the juicing part takes like 10-15 minutes.
But I think it's not extremely efficient at extracting the most juice.
Hadarit juicer.png
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Im surprised its still 248 euro... (i was expecting a lower price)
dime

Post by dime »

Yeah in my opinion not really worth that price..

To sum up, such a press is good and probably the fastest solution for oranges, but does not squeeze out the maximum juice.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

248?? For that price I'd definitely buy an electric one. Maybe not as environmentally friendly, nor as good for training the right arm muscles, but for sure more convenient and juice efficient ;)
dime

Post by dime »

I wouldn't say an electric is more convenient, I've had one, cheap but nevertheless they all work the same. The difference in juice efficiency is probably like 5%. If you think in terms of investement, a good manual one will probably last a lot longer than anything electric. For me at least, just the time and hassle I save compared to an electric juicer already justifies the price :) But by itself the price is a bit overblown, because essentially it's just a block of metal. Maybe it's some good metal in this one, and it will last till I pass it on to my grandkids one day haha :D
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Fortunately I didn't buy the Princess ;) I'm happy with my Breville but actually find the greatest work is in carrying the oranges from the grocery store to my house. I've been buying 50 orages every two days (I should up it to 3 in order to get my calories) and they're very heavy. Maybe I'll start using a shopping cart to carry them home.

Or I could pay $2 for a cab, and buy 200 oranges every week.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Well my juicer broke a few days ago. Engine just plain old stopped. I brought it back, the repair guy tested it, and it smoked a bit. Should be returned any day now.

I wonder if it wasn't meant for 30 oranges / 3 litres a day? Or I was juicing too fast / aggressively.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

A juicer that cannot handle 30 oranges a day is not the right juicer.
Shame on the Breville...