Sipping and maintaining stable blood sugar levels

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
ganbare
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Sipping and maintaining stable blood sugar levels

Post by ganbare »

So I have a question about sipping juice, sounds silly I know, but I've been wondering how those of you that drink 2 or more liters of juice a day manage to drink so much. I can't seem to finish more than a liter in a day, which I fear is too little because according to my calculations I would need at least 1.5L a day with all the fruits I eat to get enough calories. In an hour I probably end up sipping like 100 ml of juice. And if I eat fruit, then I don't drink anything for the hour. I'm not really good yet at telling when my body needs energy, so I just drink a couple of times every hour.

Sometimes I feel the urge to down the juice just to make sure I am ingesting enough calories for the day. But maybe I don't need that much ? Any thoughts? I'm shooting for about 3000 or so cals a day. Right now I'm not incredibly active physically. I usually have a tomato, cucumber avocado salad, 8 yolks, 2 bananas 2 oranges and a handful of grapes. and the rest is juice. But I can never seem to take in enough juice without feeling like I am drinking too much in one sitting.
avo

Post by avo »

Excellent question! I actually asked RRM about his 4L a day, and how come I can only manage about 2L, plus 1 salad meal and 1 animal food meal, each day.

During periods of time when I am doing nothing, like just surfing the web at home, and I have very little OJ left over from yesterday, I seem to stretch that last cup for 2-3 hours. My remedy is to simply make sure I always have some more on hand. When I know I have plenty to spare, I can take a big sip every 10-15 minutes, and manage to meet my OJ quota for the day. But yes, it is difficult unless one is very strict about it.

I really don't see how I could double my OJ intake, even after removing additional 'meals.' I will try to calculate how much I could theoretically consume each day, but in the mean time, would someone else chime in about how they manage to pull it off?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Listening to your body is more important than trying to get to a certain number. Making sure you eat enough is important, but not to the point that you have to force yourself. Like Avo said, it also depends on activity level, so on some days you might need more energy than on others. Personally I "only" drink 1 liter per day, but I add sugar to it. Without the sugar I'm sure I'd have to drink much more.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Sipping and maintaining stable blood sugar levels

Post by RRM »

ganbare wrote:I'm not really good yet at telling when my body needs energy
Well, thats where your opportunities are; learning that will make all the difference.
Sometimes I feel the urge to down the juice just to make sure I am ingesting enough calories for the day.
Thats a bad idea, because the sugars from OJ are readily absorbed, so that this will result in a too great spike.
But I can never seem to take in enough juice without feeling like I am drinking too much in one sitting.
Good. At least your body is warning you, which is excellent.
Simply try smaller sips more often.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

I dont add olive oil to my juice anymore.

This has enabled me to drink 4L OJ a day.

In combination with the OJ i eat salad all day (which does have Olive Oil..plus 3 avacados, 5 tomatoes, 1/2 cucumber and a packed of fresh chives).

After listening to the wiseman (aka the ReformedRobotMan) i now drink or eat salad every 10 minutes.

My body tells me what it needs to feel in 'optimal' condition.

All about getting that sugar-fat ratio spot on in your blood innit? 8)
Negativity is the cult of the weak