Water + Sugar + a slice of Lemon

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
dionysus
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Water + Sugar + a slice of Lemon

Post by dionysus »

When you can't get ripe oranges*, which sometimes i can't, or if you just fancy a change from the OJ+Sugar i recommend....

Water + Sugar + a slice of lemon

Very tasty! 8) But remember it is no real substitute for the OJ, which contains alot goodies** in it for your body

*Never eat unripe oranges your stomach will not forgive you for it :(

** to check out the Vitamins and such that your juice contains go to http://www.3.waisays.com/calculator.html
Negativity is the cult of the weak
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

I'm thinking of stopping the OJ and just drink water+sugar+lemon.

Can anyone suggest why this would be a bad idea?

At the moment i'm eating 100g tuna and 2 avacados a day (+OO). I seem to be getting nearly all my RDA vitamins and such.
avo

Post by avo »

How are you getting all the nutrients? I plugged them in and you would be lacking in almost all vitamins and essential nutrients. Also, how are you getting enough calories doing that?
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

I dislike OJ +Sugar and i want to put muscle on.

So i'm thinking of taking 1Kg of sugar a day (hope this doesn't rot my teeth!!)

100g of Sugar = 400kcal
1Kg = 4000kcal :D

I want to put muscle mass on. I'm to skinning and not happy about it.

I've added a banana and an orange to the diet to increase vitamins.

Still short though :cry:

Minerals, and trace elements
Calcium, Ca...................................141.13999mg ........800.00mg
Iron, Fe........................................5.61660mg .........10.00mg
Magnesium, Mg.................................240.08000mg ........350.00mg
Phosphorus, P.................................395.52000mg ........800.00mg
Zinc, Zn........................................2.24600mg .........15.00mg
Iodide, I.......................................0.05000mg ..........0.15mg

Vitamins
Vitamin B1, Thiamin.............................0.70858mg ..........1.50mg
Vitamin B2, Riboflavin..........................0.75612mg ..........1.70mg
Vitamin B3, Niacin, Nicotinamide...............16.18986mg .........19.00mg
Vitamin A,RE.................................695.70000mcg_RE ...1000.00mcg_RE
Vitamin D.....................................181.60000IU ........200.00IU
Vitamin E.......................................5.45500mg_ATE .....10.00mg_ATE
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Seriously though..do you guys think 1Kg of Sugar will rot my teeth? :|

How do they set the RDAs?

Can they actually percisely say you require this much Vitamin A a day, this much Calcium a day, etc?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dionysus wrote:Seriously though..do you guys think 1Kg of Sugar will rot my teeth?
More importantly, its way too much sugar as you are not ingesting all the other nutrients that come with natural foods.
Only if you get close to meeting all the RDAs (except for calcium), it seems okay to me, which is impossible consuming that much sugar.
How do they set the RDAs?
Good question. For some nutrients the calculations start with a level that is sufficient to 'eliminate deficiency'. Then they up that with what they consider 'safety margins'. For others its just guessing, or trying to find a middle way between deficiency and intoxication.
The RDAs are internationally different, which is a sign, of course.
Can they actually percisely say you require this much Vitamin A a day, this much Calcium a day, etc?
No, because it differs per person, and even per day. Also, they influence eachother, so that when you take too much of X, you need more, or less Y and Z.
Luckily, regarding most nutrients the body is able to increase and decrease the actual absorption rates to avoid deficiency and intoxication, so that when your intake is moderate, you will be safe.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

RRM wrote:More importantly, its way too much sugar as you are not ingesting all the other nutrients that come with natural foods.
I'm going to try and find a way.

I'm seriously having a problem with the OJ these days* It doesn't seem that many people have this problem (which is excellent) but i feel kind of 'lucky' that i may have found a way of coming of the OJ so i'm going to at least have a look.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My problems with OJ are:

>Money
>Having ripe oranges
>Taste.
avo

Post by avo »

Try watermelon or apple juice. Grapefruit juice is a maybe, as is lemonade (with lots of lemons+sugar+water). Not just water+sugar, that is just asking for deficiency problems in the long run.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

That is a excellent idea Avo. Never even though of that. :D

Have you tried watermelon juice? I've never tried it. Look forward to giving it ago.

The lemons+sugar+water i'm drinking just now just tastes like flat lemonade. It's a nice change.
avo

Post by avo »

Back in upstate NY, I used to be able to get unpasturized apple cider, made from just pressed apples. I don't know how feasible finding something like that would be where you live...
avalon

Post by avalon »

Dear Dionysus, Why rely on juice anyway? In the Freeacne Book the orange juice/sugar/oil was virtually an optional inclusion for additional energy.

I won't lie. For the last several months I have been investigating my own nutritional path. But for over a year I was Wai faithful, with few munch foods and no juice at all. I've kept to whole fruits.

In no way am I saying your protocol is wrong. Just that I don't believe the 'juice' method is mandatory for Wai to succeed.

Good luck to you, and
Best wishes, Avalon :D

p.s. fruit acid may be more harmful than sugar as far as rotting your teeth goes- from some articles I've read. But you are somewhat on your own in this regard. Rinsing with water after drinking juice or eating fruits may be very beneficial.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

The ripeness issue can be solved by buying in advance. I usually let a crate of oranges ripen for at least a week.
avo

Post by avo »

Good point Oscar. Also, I sometimes manage to get a good deal on a case of 'old' Valencias, but they are so perfectly ripe and juicy that it is funny that they were getting marked down. And yes, it takes about a week, give or take, for the oranges to acquire the right consistancy and firmness.

Avalon, the reason I drink juice for most of my calories is because I cannot deal with more than 15g fiber. Anywhere less than that is my ideal number, and that can only be achieved by not eating whole fruits. It also is more convenient, requires less planning and shopping, and also is easier to maintain my weight.
avalon

Post by avalon »

avo, I totally get that, and It's good to hear it is working for you.