diarhhea by non-peeled apples?

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
Jack
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

diarhhea by non-peeled apples?

Post by Jack »

I have been on Wai's diet now for about 2 years, on and off, also experimenting with different versions of raw food diets. I used to juice oranges when I started Wai's diet, but after a while, I became irritable and my skin became blotchy (redness on different spots on face). This led me to believe I was allergic to citrus. I tried carrots for a while, which digested fine, but eventually turned my skin an orange color, probably from the beta carotene. About a month ago, I switched to apples, using a Breville juicer, and recently I have become gassy and get uncontrollable diarhhea after consuming the apple juice. I don't peel the apples before juicing. Could this be the cause? Everything I eat is organic, including the eggs, which are always fresh. What about the oxidation of juice using a high rpm juicer? I've read that 15-20 minutes after juicing, the juice oxidizes and in effect "dies", losing its enzyme count, causing free radicals, and losing it's colloidal structure. Is there any risk from consuming excess citric acid from high amounts of orange juice or malic acid from high amounts of apple juice? Doesn't excessive amounts of vitamin C cause diarhhea? Is there any truth to this? Is there a way to test if the olive oil I use is actually cold pressed with a low enough temperature to retain the "raw" quality? I know some olive oil bottles state that it's cold pressed, but is there any guarantee? Does anyone, strictly following this diet, especially those who follow RRM's version, consuming mostly juice, have solid bowel movements? It seems that a diet of juice, oil, egg yolks, and fish would leave no solidity to a bowel movement. Jack
nick

Re: diarhhea by non-peeled apples?

Post by nick »

What do you mean by 'irritable'?

Are you taking antibiotics at all?

With this high sugar diet, antibiotics could cause candidiasis which feeds on the sugars. This candidiasis could be the cause of the diarhea.

You might want to peel the apples, however usually the skin of the apple would cause the opposite (constipation). Are the apples really ripe? Your body may not like unripe fruit, if your that sensitive, hence the reactive bowels.

Are you eating any munch foods? How strict are you?

I have normal bowel movements, just less to deport since there is more juice than fiber and so on.

As for your skin turning blotchy, I don't have a clue. When I first started the diet, people said my skin was turning orange, but now no one says that anymore. Maybe it was adjusting to the diet. Maybe thats what happened to you...

There has got to be good reason for your unsuccess with this diet.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Originally posted by Jack:
I tried carrots for a while, which digested fine, but eventually turned my skin an orange color, probably from the beta carotene.
Exactly.
recently I have become gassy and get uncontrollable diarhhea after consuming the apple juice. I don't peel the apples before juicing. Could this be the cause?
Absolutely.
What about the oxidation of juice using a high rpm juicer? I've read that 15-20 minutes after juicing, the juice oxidizes and in effect "dies", losing its enzyme count, causing free radicals, and losing it's colloidal structure.
Old juice is not dead at all, but filled with loads of valuable nutrients.
There is nothing wrong with the oxidation, except for the color (if you dont like brown).
You dont need enzymes from food; all the enzymes you need, are composed inside the body. Enzymes from food cannot enter the blood stream; they are too big and are decomposed inside our digestive tract.
Is there any risk from consuming excess citric acid from high amounts of orange juice or malic acid from high amounts of apple juice?
No.
Doesn't excessive amounts of vitamin C cause diarhhea?
Excessive vitamin C, yes.
But citrus fruits contain too little vitamin C to cause excess; the body properly adjusts the absorption rate to prevent excess.
Is there a way to test if the olive oil I use is actually cold pressed
If it says so on the bottle, and is a well knwon brand, you can trust its cold pressed.
Does anyone, strictly following this diet, especially those who follow RRM's version, consuming mostly juice, have solid bowel movements?
Yes, as far as I know, virtually anyone who does so has solid bowel movements. Just much less (because there is hardly anything to move)
It seems that a diet of juice, oil, egg yolks, and fish would leave no solidity to a bowel movement. Jack
What needs to be moved, is that what is solid.
That what is not solid (liquid) is reabsorbed, and excreted through urination or sweat.
If your bowel movements are not solid, your bowels are upset.
Make sure to peel all fruits.
Maleko

Post by Maleko »

I was unaware that we needed to peel all fruits, even if they are organic. Where can I read more about this? Is there a section in the book, or a previous thread perhaps? Aloha!
Brahmaloka

Post by Brahmaloka »

Dear Jack

To slow digestion, reduce fiber. Cut out all solid fruits and nuts. Only eat juice (from peeled fruits), butter, oil, egg yolks and fish.
When it becomes quiet then reintroduce small amounts of fiber. One piece of fruit a day or a few nuts to start.

If your digestion still goes too fast send me a message...
Originally posted by Jack:
I have been on Wai's diet now for about 2 years, on and off, also experimenting with different versions of raw food diets. I used to juice oranges when I started Wai's diet, but after a while, I became irritable and my skin became blotchy (redness on different spots on face). This led me to believe I was allergic to citrus. I tried carrots for a while, which digested fine, but eventually turned my skin an orange color, probably from the beta carotene. About a month ago, I switched to apples, using a Breville juicer, and recently I have become gassy and get uncontrollable diarhhea after consuming the apple juice. I don't peel the apples before juicing. Could this be the cause? Everything I eat is organic, including the eggs, which are always fresh. What about the oxidation of juice using a high rpm juicer? I've read that 15-20 minutes after juicing, the juice oxidizes and in effect "dies", losing its enzyme count, causing free radicals, and losing it's colloidal structure. Is there any risk from consuming excess citric acid from high amounts of orange juice or malic acid from high amounts of apple juice? Doesn't excessive amounts of vitamin C cause diarhhea? Is there any truth to this? Is there a way to test if the olive oil I use is actually cold pressed with a low enough temperature to retain the "raw" quality? I know some olive oil bottles state that it's cold pressed, but is there any guarantee? Does anyone, strictly following this diet, especially those who follow RRM's version, consuming mostly juice, have solid bowel movements? It seems that a diet of juice, oil, egg yolks, and fish would leave no solidity to a bowel movement. Jack
Brahmz :)
www.ibsexplained.com
Brahmaloka

Post by Brahmaloka »

Originally posted by Maleko:
I was unaware that we needed to peel all fruits, even if they are organic. Where can I read more about this? Is there a section in the book, or a previous thread perhaps? Aloha!
Yes, peel all fruits. This avoids the toxins in and on the skin and reduces fiber that damages the digestive system. This is somewhere in waisays.com as I have read it. I do it!
Brahmz :)
www.ibsexplained.com