Vitamix blender?

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
nini
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Vitamix blender?

Post by nini »

We have been in the habit of making green smoothies with the Vitamix blender. So that means
1. A lot'' of microscopically divided fiber, can this be harmful?
2. Do you think it is possible to get too much dirty protein from green smoothies that way? The blends are certainly not heated.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

ad 1. I don't think the division of the fiber is a problem if the total amount is okay.
ad 2. Yes, it can create a little "dirty" protein. If it is too much depends on how susceptible you are to acne. Otherwise fruit or green smoothies shouldn't be too much of a concern.
nini

Post by nini »

Thanks Oscar!
avalon

Post by avalon »

Yay! I love Green Smoothies! :D
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

What do you get from 'green' smothies that you don't get from non green smoothies?

Lately, I've been puting in a banana, applel, walnuts (or brazil), water, and gogi berries (I know berries aren't ideal, but I like the flavor). This comes out so good that I would actually take this over a ice cream shake.
avalon

Post by avalon »

ooh, gogi berries! That sounds, well, I've never tried gogi berries. What do they taste like? Sounds good though.
avalon

Post by avalon »

I wish I could afford a VitaMix! :cry:
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

That is a funny question (what do gogi berries taste like). What does a banana taste like?

hum... they have a unique taste, I can't really think of anything they taste like. They dont' appeal to be alone. They are not sweet.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »