Liquid Diet

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
mballinger
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Liquid Diet

Post by mballinger »

I find that my preference is to mostly consume fruit juices (with oil added ... I use raw hempseed oil for the omega 3's since I don't eat raw fish) and raw egg yolks. I also sometimes mix dissolved bee pollen into my juices. I feel happiest when I am in the "just-liquids" mode. I get plenty of calories since I consume about 2-1/2 quarts of fresh fruit juice a day, plus the oil and 4-8 raw egg yolks. I also have been having about 8 oz. of fresh romaine lettuce juice in the morning. Call it my munch food if you want. :wink: It's mild and sweet enough to compare with fruit juice in my book and makes my skin glow.

My question is with regard to bowel movements. Will such a regime shut down my intestinal activity?

If I were to eat any solids, it would be just a few brazil nuts and a very small amount of dried fruit such as raisins or mulberries. But that small amount doesn't seem like enough to create a bowel movement.
Frost

Post by Frost »

eat the salads man. really. if you dont your body will get used to having nothing but liquids in it and thats never good. its not natural.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

You'll be fine. Bowel movements are induced by the body when it's needed (unless sedated by opioid pepetides and/or beta-carbolines). You will probably have less movements because there's less fiber to get rid of.
mballinger

Post by mballinger »

Oscar wrote:You'll be fine. Bowel movements are induced by the body when it's needed (unless sedated by opioid pepetides and/or beta-carbolines). You will probably have less movements because there's less fiber to get rid of.
Thanks for your response, Oscar. In the past I have done juice fasts (no fats) and the use of enemas was advised. But one can easily become addicted to feeling the “need” for them. I just finished a round of probiotic therapy … and don’t want to continue using enemas.

I really like staying liquid for the following reasons: No bloating; no gas; less cravings … and I don’t obsess about food or eating … just feel more “at peace.” This morning I had honeydew melon juice with egg yolks in it and talk about a “taste of heaven.” However, I don’t want to limit myself to just liquids either. If at times I want to eat whole fruits, I want to be able to do it without shocking my system, and want to feel confident that my intestines will be able to “work right” to digest & eliminate.
mballinger

Re: Liquid Diet

Post by mballinger »

I also posted this question in the "Acne" section in a a string about fiber; but I thought I would post it here too, -- ...
RRM wrote:Literally, fibers are anti-nutrients, so that they indeed somewhat decrease the absorption of minerals, cholesterol and other nutrients.
Fiber cannot be enzymatically digested (just a little bacterially, which causes some gasses), and the intestines try to get rid of them as soon as possible because they inflict tiny wounds in your bowels. Thats is why fibers 'stimulate bowel movement', which some people translate as 'aid digestion', whereas the latter is not true, of course (they dont help to digest nutrients; just stimulate bowel movement)
RRM -- Is a function of fiber to "cleanse" the intestines--acting somewhat similar to a broom--in helping to clear out old matter? If I were to stay on a juices only diet (including egg yolks and added oil), will my intestines effectively clean out whatever old stuff they need to clean out or do they need the assistance of fiber to assist in clearing out old debris?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Due to the "bowel sedating" substances in the common diet (that's why you "need" fiber, to irritate the bowels into action) you might get constipated on a juice fast, hence the enemas.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

mballinger wrote:Is a function of fiber to "cleanse" the intestines--acting somewhat similar to a broom--in helping to clear out old matter?
You dont need fiber.
For the fruit itself its essential; it gives structure to the fruit. without fiber, no fruit.
But no, your body doesnt need it; only when your bowels are sedated.
'Old matter' will get cleaned up anyway, gradually, also without 'fiber assistance'.
mballinger

Post by mballinger »

RRM wrote:You dont need fiber.
For the fruit itself its essential; it gives structure to the fruit. without fiber, no fruit.
But no, your body doesnt need it; only when your bowels are sedated.
'Old matter' will get cleaned up anyway, gradually, also without 'fiber assistance'.
Thanks RRM ... exactly the answer I was hoping for. I've gotten to where I'm mostly sipping fruit juices and raw egg yolks (totalling 6 to 10) during the day. Then in the evening I might chew on a few brazil nuts (3 to 7). Occasionally, I also consume bee pollen, and soaked hempseed (for Omega 3's). I don't miss solid food ... I feel so much better and lighter on a mostly liquid diet.

However, in mid-July I'm going to Hawaii for a week for a family gathering ... and then I plan to be eating plenty of fresh whole mangoes, papayas, and pineapples!! I haven't figured out how I'm going to deal with the long travel, though, without access to my fresh made juices and raw egg yolks.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

i have to say, i also prefer liquids to whole foods.

For one thing, not so heavy on the stomach.

Secondly, easier to judge my energy intake so i get it just right.

:)
Negativity is the cult of the weak
Iris

Post by Iris »

So will there be a bad reaction when you'd suddenly eat whole fruits again? Or does this differ per person??? And what kind of reaction must I think of?
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

More gas and more bowel movements. :wink:
fictor

Post by fictor »

In my opinion we have teeth for a reason.

When I have no solid foods for a while, I develop
jaw cramps and teeth grinding.

I feel I need to have something to chew on, something
with a little resistance, or it feels like my teeth are
falling out :)
Iris

Post by Iris »

hmm, and I suppose it wouldn't make a difference if I ate about 150 grams of salmon a day?

Which fruits contain least fibres, and won't cause blaoting?

My mom and I where talking about only drinking juice and eating some salmon and yolks (but you cant realy chew on them, can you...?) because she always gets cramps from fibres (she's walking around with this her whole life. On Wai she's doing better, but whole fruits still cause cramps...) And I easily get bloated from fibres... I hate this, obviously, and wish I could find a way to keep it to a minimum, without causing health problems....
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Guys i dont know which rock you live under but here where i live they invented a thing called "chewing gum". ;) :lol:
Iris

Post by Iris »

:lol:
But aren't there all sorts of yucky, mean, unhealthy, toxic, satanic substances in gum??? :shock: