Making Juice; what kind of juicer?

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
Gerard
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

masticating juicer

Post by Gerard »

I have been using this juicer for awhile; it only recently occurred to me to ask if it is okay on this diet:

http://www.greenstar.com/twingear.asp

The webpage cited explains the technology. I've always assumed it was Wai-safe, but something made me wonder and want to ask about this type of juicer and the creation of 'dirty protein.'

Is it truly okay, or do I need a centrifugal juicer? Thanks!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Im sorry, but its the wrong technique. The pulp and juice are not separated, its all cut in such small pieces that everything is turned into ´juice´.
It claims:
`At only 110 revolutions per minute, minimal heat build up develops in the juice and therefore initial oxidation is delayed`, but still at a molecular level the damage has been done. It may be that it causes less damage than other juicers though, because of the relative low rotation.

Of course it all depends on how susceptible you are to acne.
Gerard

masticating juicer

Post by Gerard »

Only a little bit--

So far it doesn't seem to bother me.

But I do not want to consume damaged protein, really, so maybe i'll get another juicer, centrifugal this time.

This ones strong; I have to say. It's good for processing fresh raw coconut, which is pretty tough. And it's super-quiet.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Well, fruit is very low in protein, so i guess that the damage is really minimal, especially when compared to the influence of cooking, of course.
summerwave

Juicers/damaged protein

Post by summerwave »

The centrifugal juicer I have certainly would seem to 'beat up' protein more than a masticating juicer.

The pulp is finely, finely ground and there is heat generated-- certainly more heat than in a blender-- before the centrifuging action occurs.

I am sure that these are subjective impressions that do not stand up to your careful consideration of the causes of damage to protein, RRM :o

But sometimes I wonder about the above... it almost seems like the safest thing to do is juice oranges, the way you do: using a low-speed, very simply citrus juicer. To my mind and senses, it 'seems' like a citrus juicer actually feels like it would not damage protein-- when you look at it; see it work, it seems pretty gentle. (Again, this is not a very scientific sense; forgive me). Blenders; centrifugal juicers; masticating juicers--- having heard the message on damage to protein that is central on the Wai diet, they all make me wince, in a way. You prefer orange juice and it is affordable and good for your own tastes; still I wonder if you are not also doing your skin a favor by using this type of juice, as I do feel like it is most easily juiced in a non-harmful way to the protein in the fruit.
summerwave

juicers/damaged protein

Post by summerwave »

A friend after reading the above switched over his main juice to citrus juices made in a juicer; he is going to experiment to see if it has better results than the similarly-approved centrifugal juicer.

In a way it's a hedge against the possibility that centrifugal juicers damage protein a bit. He too has remarked, in reading this board, that orange juice or grapefruit juice made with a citrus juicer seems the most benign form of juice due to the damaged protein hypothesis-- it seems like a citrus juicer is minimally 'invasive' to the fruit's protein, indeed, and seems safest.

He thinks you juice oranges exclusively for that reason, RRM.....

Anyway, it's a safe bet.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I also experimented with applejuice made in a centrifugal juicer, and it is totally fine for my skin. Its just that it takes more effort to make 1 L of applejuice than to make 1 L of OJ.
summerwave

citrus juicer

Post by summerwave »

Good to know...

You had us both thinking; and very curious. You exemplify the person following the strict form of the diet over time, of course, and we both assume your diet is absolutely the 'safest' for acne that there is.

Very good to have this answered!
johndela1

Re: masticating juicer

Post by johndela1 »

Gerard wrote: It's good for processing fresh raw coconut, which is pretty tough. And it's super-quiet.
I buy baby coconuts, the meat is soft and you can scoop it out with a spoon. There is far less meat.

This site has some pictures:
http://www.bradybunchmom.com/2008/03/th ... onuts.html
summerwave

Centrifugal juicer

Post by summerwave »

Can anyone recommend a good centrifugal juicer available in the U.S.?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Cant you buy from the web?
summerwave

juicer brand

Post by summerwave »

Yes; I mean-- what type of centrifugal juicer have others tried, and recommend?

(I just said it that way so no one posted about a fabulous juicer they use that is made in the Ukraine or somewhere that would entail prohibitive shipping costs as most juicers are quite heavy...)

8)
summerwave

best centrifugal juicer

Post by summerwave »

<<lost in the sideroads of consumerism....--->>...:

http://bestjuiceextractorreviews.com/Be ... Juicer.htm
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Im sorry, but i dont have much experience with these, because im more an orange guy; oranges are easier to juice.

(Oscar will probably post a pic of a fan of the dutch soccer team, with his face painted orange)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

:lol: