Sufficient nutrients in fruits? (The Guardian article)

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
Claudie
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Sufficient nutrients in fruits? (The Guardian article)

Post by Claudie »

"The one thing that is in nobody's interest to say is this: fruit just doesn't provide that much nutrition in the first place."

I don't agree with some of what this article is saying but interesting stuff about supermarkets taking advantage of the consumers' panic buying of fruits pushing prices up... worth a read even if you'll want to shout "its not true!" at the screen some of the time.

http://lifeandhealth.guardian.co.uk/foo ... 66,00.html
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

The nutrient calculator clearly tells me that (if i also eat a little animal food) fruit gives me EVERYTHING that i need.

If you only look at nutrient density, yes, then fruit has a disadvantage because it contains so much water.
But you need to eat a lot of fruit (and all that water in it) to satisfy your energy requirements. And when you have done so, you automatically have ingested all the required vitamins and minerals as well.

So, dont think that foods with less water are better. (we need that water)
They are just more dense.
There is only 1 question that really matters: "If i eat a little animal food as well, does eating just fruits sufficiently supply me with all nutrients that i need?"

Answer: "yes"
Gerard

Fruit

Post by Gerard »

Are low-sugar fruits higher in toxins than sweeter fruits (but lower in them than non-fruit vegetables)?

If you equate sweetness with desirability to eat of course that is simplistic-- egg yolks and other protein foods are not sweet or sugar-filled, yet highly desirable--- but I wish to know how sugar content and toxins correlate; is there something sugars tell us about lack of toxins?
Gerard

low-sugar fruits

Post by Gerard »

ah, and I see you you answered this (too) here--

viewtopic.php?p=16676&highlight=&sid=04 ... 6521#16676

and that sweeter fruits indeed are 'easier' (less full of toxins/enzyme inhibitors)...
You may delete any of my posts like this, where information has been overlooked, of course...