Lack of fiber in juice

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
spring
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Lack of fiber in juice

Post by spring »

I have started juicing everything and it's going great. I just have one concern, I notice when I juice that the fiber (pulp) is being separated from the liquid. I discard the fiber. Isn't that unnatural from nature's point of view? Primitive man did not have a juice extractor and presumably ate the fruit whole.

What would be the consequences of following this unnatural eating style? I just think that not eating the fiber has got to be bad for one in the long run.

By the way, these days I like to drink juiced fruit instead of eating them whole: it's more convenient and it tastes better too. I can zip from a bottle whenever I feel my energy is low.

I suffer from constipation but since juicing have noticed a slight improvement - I was eating lots of munch food including cooked protein before juicing but I am still not normal (it could be the small amount of munch food I have or it could be the lack of fiber). I am very sensitive to the constipation-causing substances in wheat and in milk.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Lack of fiber in juice

Post by RRM »

spring wrote:I have started juicing everything and it's going great. I just have one concern, I notice when I juice that the fiber (pulp) is being separated from the liquid. I discard the fiber. Isn't that unnatural from nature's point of view? Primitive man did not have a juice extractor and presumably ate the fruit whole.
Sure. Primitive man did produce a lot of poop, and gasses, just as most animals do that mainly eat plant foods.
What would be the consequences of following this unnatural eating style? I just think that not eating the fiber has got to be bad for one in the long run.
Its not a nutrient, its just the package that delivers the contents.
The fiber gives the fruit a sustainable form. But you dont need the package, you just need the contents (water and nutrients), thats why the fiber is discarded by the body eventually.

By the way, these days I like to drink juiced fruit instead of eating them whole: it's more convenient and it tastes better too. I can zip from a bottle whenever I feel my energy is low.
I am very sensitive to the constipation-causing substances in wheat and in milk.
When you eat munch foods, then the fiber compensates somewhat for the constipating influence.
When you dont eat munch foods, you dont need the fiber for that purpose.
djkvan

Juicing vs whole fruits

Post by djkvan »

From http://www.beyondveg.com/nicholson-w/hb ... ew1e.shtml)
Chimps, however, are known to "wadge" some of their foods, which is a form of juicing that has the effect of reducing their fiber intake.[96] Wadging means that they make a wad of leaves which is mixed in with the primary food item (such as a fruit) as a mass, which is then used as a "press" against their teeth and palate to literally "juice" the main food which they may suck on for up to 10 minutes before discarding the wadge of fiber after all the juice has been sucked out. Wadging may also serve as a way to avoid biting into potentially toxic seeds of certain fruits, from which they can then still extract the juices safely, or as a way to handle very soft items such as pulpy or overripe fruits, as well as eggs and meat.[97]

Such behavior ought to debunk the prevalent Hygienic/raw-foods myth that it is always the more natural thing to do to eat "whole" rather than fragmented foods. This is not necessarily true, and again, such a view is based in subjective definitions out of touch with the real world. Another example here is that chimps (and gorillas as well) also eat a fair amount of "pith" in their diet--meaning the insides of stems of various plants--which they first have to process by peeling off the tough outer covering before the pith inside is either eaten or wadged.[98]
I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you, thank you. Sam I am.