All about juice questions

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
triplehelix
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

All about juice questions

Post by triplehelix »

Ok I'm going to go 100% strict on this diet starting next week but have a few questions on some things. I have read the book and through almost every thread in the juice and a lot of other categories and learned a lot. Though just need to get a little more info.

-I have read that many juicers make too much heat on the molecular level because of the chopping blade procedure they use. I have seen the Jack Lalanne juicer at Costco for a good price but I'm not sure about it: does anyone know if it is safe and makes quality juice that will last a whole day?

-Also, does anyone have a juicer they would recommend: I would like to know brand and model if it's a really good juicer?

-Do you think a press would be the best for the highest quality juice maybe?

-Next, I have been doing OJ and OO for a week or so (pasterized) which is why I need a juicer. I need to know how much sugar I should add to my juice. I'm 5'11" and 21 years old with a medium size bone stucture.

-Also, is 2 to 1 ration of sugar to fat the best or is there a way to be more precise.

-Maybe just some examples of how much sugar and OO you add in yours will be good enough.
CY

Re: All about juice questions

Post by CY »

triplehelix wrote:-I have read that many juicers make too much heat on the molecular level because of the chopping blade procedure they use. I have seen the Jack Lalanne juicer at Costco for a good price but I'm not sure about it...
From the Wai perspective, the pressure increase during the juicing process of most juicers causes similar damage to proteins as the high wingtip velocity of blender blades does.
triplehelix wrote:...does anyone know if it is safe and makes quality juice that will last a whole day?
Juice from any juicer will last a whole day. However, you must understand that as the time of that day passes, the nutrients in the juice will constantly degrade, whether by oxygen, light, temperature, microorganisms, or even the juice's own enzymes.
triplehelix wrote:-Do you think a press would be the best for the highest quality juice maybe?
If you must juice, I believe you should own both a juicer and a juice press (although I do understand, for money's sake, this may not be an option, even though, ironically, juicing tends to be rather expensive due to the volume of produce used each day...). In my opinion, juice press is convenient only if you also have a conventional juicer:
1. The conventional juicer quickly breaks down the fruit/vegetable into pulp, releasing fluid quickly, as well as the nutrients directly contained in those fluids and some residual nutrients contained in the pulp.
2. Press the pulp in the juice press to break the cell walls of the fruit/vegetable components that the juicer could not quickly "tear apart." The juice released from this pressing is much more concentrated in nutrients and phytochemicals that were not released in the initial juicing, and much lower in sugar.

The reason I would not use a juice press alone is because of the amount of effort needed to segment the fruits/vegetables (vegetables often need to be shredded) so they're not impossible to press, and the fact that the fiber remains generally intact even during and after pressing (preventing full release of nutrients).
triplehelix wrote:-Next, I have been doing OJ and OO for a week or so (pasterized) which is why I need a juicer. I need to know how much sugar I should add to my juice. I'm 5'11" and 21 years old with a medium size bone stucture.

-Also, is 2 to 1 ration of sugar to fat the best or is there a way to be more precise.

-Maybe just some examples of how much sugar and OO you add in yours will be good enough.
This depends on your individual energy needs. If you notice that you are feeling tired or light-headed on a regular basis, you should probably increase your intake of fresh fruits and juices. If those symptoms continue, then consider adding sugar to your juice.

Also, understand that even freshly pressed juice from fruits and some vegetables still contains a high amount of sugar which can cause an sharp elevation in blood sugar levels, so it is important to add olive oil to this juice just as you do to orange juice.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

triplehelix wrote: -Also, is 2 to 1 ration of sugar to fat the best or is there a way to be more precise.
What do you meant more precise? I mean you could be less precise, like 2 to 1 + or - .1, but how could you be more precise than 2 to 1? Maybe I'm not understanding what you are asking.
triplehelix

Post by triplehelix »

johndela1 wrote: What do you meant more precise? I mean you could be less precise, like 2 to 1 + or - .1, but how could you be more precise than 2 to 1? Maybe I'm not understanding what you are asking.
Well this was just a question to pull some more info mainly. I was trying to get people to give me maybe their opinion on how to do it. I like to here all sorts of different ways to do something then I choose my most logical choice out of all the opinions.

Because I don't like to here just do it this way sometimes I like hearing OH! yeah I do it like this or...yeah I do a little of this then a little of that...ect.

It's just nice to know a few others aspects before settling.
We are indeed much more than what we eat, but what we eat can nevertheless help us to be much more than what we are. -Adelle Davis
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

It depends on your level of activity. I find that the more active, the higher the ratio can/will be. 2:1 is just a guideline.