Peeling fruits (again)...

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
jmbattle
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Peeling fruits (again)...

Post by jmbattle »

Hello folks, I hope we are all well!

I understand that RRM peels his fruit to simplify digestion, however I personally enjoy the (edible) skins of fruit - apples in particular just do not 'feel' like apples unless I eat the skins (and also the core, but I would assume this isn't recommended...oh well, never mind...).

Moreover, would it be recommended to peel tomatoes and cucumbers? The difficulty I am faced with is that here in Japan cucumbers are far smaller (narrower) than other parts of the world; if one was to peel them prior to eating you would be left with even less fruit - particularly concerning given the cost of just one cucumber in most supermarkets!

I apologise if this has been answer in the past; I have just eating a delicious cucumber, tomato and pear salad drizzled with olive oil and two egg yolks - yummy!

Kind regards,
James
x
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

James, I think you should do that which makes you feel good. If you like eating the fruits with peel, and have no problems whatsoever, then do so. :)
Gavriel

Post by Gavriel »

Hi James,

Why don't you try peeling the fruits for two weeks.
All fo them...

See how you feel.

If the Cucumbers are too expenssive.
Leave them out for a while and have your olive oil from a spoon (like a medicament.

just a thought.

Gavriel.

PS I personally like eating the middel of apples.
but I feel (intuitively) when my body needs it and when not.
The important thing is to get to the point where you can trust your bodies wishes...
Kookaburra

Post by Kookaburra »

What do you guys think of peeling the skin of dried fruits? Like for example dried grapes?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

It's probably quite a lot of work, and since dried fruit is relatively fibrous, not really necessary. Of course you'd want to buy them organic.
Kookaburra

Re: Peeling fruits (again)...

Post by Kookaburra »

What about strawberries? Do you peel them?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Since they have no peel.....no.
panacea

Post by panacea »

kookaburra it seems like you're concerned with doing the most optimal diet, right? so stick with simplicity, bananas, oranges, egg yolks, and certain fish (like salmon)