Stomach problems: too much acidity?

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
happy_face
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Stomach problems: too much acidity?

Post by happy_face »

I have been on the diet for 4 days now and so far I am happy to see some positive results: better skin, more clarity, more energy.

But I also experience the following: loose stools, white tongue, bad breath. Do you think that eating that many fruits could create more acidity? I mostly drink the fruits (in juices) and they are ripe. I also peal them. I want to continue the diet but my stomach is telling me not :?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

In the beginning many things can happen because your body is still getting used to the new way of eating. Do you combine (or consume after) the juice with oil?
happy_face

Post by happy_face »

Yes I consume OI with the orange juice. I have to say that the juice is from concentrate, not freshly pressed, so it might be too acid (?) Also, I believe some fruits are more acid than others: tomatoes vs pineapples. Maybe I should try fruits with less acidity.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Can you try to make fresh OJ with ripe oranges and see if that makes a difference?
happy_face

Post by happy_face »

Oscar, thank you for your replies. Fresh orange juice did made a difference. The juice was sweeter than the commercial juice. This day I also ate less acid fruits (pineapple, mango) which seem to have some good enzymes to help the digestion (from what I read) as well as dry fruits. I eliminated tomato (too acid for me, for now anyway). Will see in the next days how it goes.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Cool, keep us posted.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

happy_face wrote:This day I also ate less acid fruits (pineapple, mango) which seem to have some good enzymes to help the digestion (from what I read)
The enzymes required for digestion are composed by the body, in accordance with your digestive needs. Enzymes in food are just food; they get broken down for the amino acids that they contain. Enzymes in food are not digestive enzymes. There are millions of different enzymes.
I eliminated tomato (too acid for me, for now anyway).
Compared to other fruits, tomatoes are not acid at all.
When you eat tomatoes, make very sure they are completely ripe, as the green parts contain tomatine, which is mildly toxic. Well ripened tomatoes do not contain tomatine..