OJ and OO

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
happy_face
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

OJ + OO

Post by happy_face »

Could you please tell me what quantity of OO I need for 1L of OJ. I read that it works like: 2 carbs for 1 fat, so that would make it to 250ml of OO? Is that correct? It sounds like it's a lot of OO to drink :shock:

Also, I don't want to lose weight so I am wondering if 1L of OJ would be enough?
Thanks!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

The ratio is based on converted energy (on a daily basis), not weight. This means that on 1 liter of OJ you'd need about 50ml of OO. It's not that strict though, so it could be less than that, plus it's about the whole day, so fats (and carbs) that you consume at other moments also count.
happy_face

Post by happy_face »

I appreciate your answer. Thank you. That makes sense.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

If you dont want to lose weight, you need to make sure that you keep your blood sugar level up all the time. With this diet that takes some effort, as you are no longer consuming big meals that always fill up your glycogen (= spare glucose) and fat depots. Instead, now you have to keep that sugar level up yourself, by consuming many, many meals a day. You need to learn to constantly listen to your body. Is there a moment that you feel less energetic? Take in some extra energy. You need to be constantly aware ('in the background') of your energy level.
The better you listen, the more clearly your body will let you know. Never ignore the signals (tiredness, sleepy, fatigue, moody).
happy_face

Post by happy_face »

Thank you RRM. After 1 week on the Wai diet, I finally got a small kitchen scale. I need to eat more (in small meals) and measure up what I need on a daily basis. I will start using the nutrient table. So far I press (no pulp) 1 litre of OJ (OO added) as well as all the other fruits.

This diet has given good results already and I am very grateful for this forum. I still have acne but it is slowly improving (today I have more acne but that's because of my periods and because it's just the begining). I like the idea of having control over what I eat and listen to my my body and its needs: if I need to gain weight, I just need to follow some basic rules. That makes so much sense with the Wai diet. I am a very skinny person and I have always tried to gain some pounds by eating more junk food, more bread, more, more...but couldn't figure out why I was not gaining weight. Anyway, I am pretty optimistic with this diet. Thanks:)
Jodiat

OJ and OO

Post by Jodiat »

So im new to this diet and im thinking of using OJ and OO combo and I cant seem to find a simple formula.

I am starting with store bought OJ which is pressed and I think is pastured...I will take the risk of the 4 or so grams of protein in 1 litre not causing too much of a acne problem for now.

So my point is how much EVOO do I use. 1 litre has 100g of sugars so to make a 2-1 ratio should I add 50 ml of EVOO? and for a 1:1 use 100ml of OO?

Liam
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Welcome.

You bring up a good point. The ratio is not about the amounts, but about the carbs vs fat content. Using the nutrient calculator (http://www.waiworld.com/waidiet/nut-calcsimple.html) it turns out that 1 liter OJ needs about 55-60 ml OO for a 2:1 ratio.
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

Now that would make sense as for a moment I was thinking it was per liquid volume and that would mean too much olive oil.

Which ties me into my next question.

Could too much olive oil cause acne problems? RRM uses 4-5 litres of OJ per day and I would guess thats around 250ml of EVOO to balance out the sugar for insulin control.
Maybe I am missing somthing in all this but at a guess, even with his omega 3 from raw salmon the ratio of 3-6-9 would be out of an 'acne free' balance?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Jodiat wrote:RRM uses 4-5 litres of OJ per day and I would guess thats around 250ml of EVOO to balance out the sugar for insulin control.
Actually, im using much less oo, as i continuously sip from the oj, and as im constantly running around, immediately utilizing the sugar. I think the total of oo is about 40
And my energy requirements are a bit extreme (not a good example), due to my job.
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

Yeh I realised you use alot less in a different post regarding the omega ratios. Im sticking to 50-60ml. In my old job I burnt 7000 cal per day when lifting weight and even eating a junk food I found it hard to hit that number. Im getting used to the idea of this diet now and im just working on my level of energy needs...why is tricky for a skinny guy with acne lol.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

In my experience the more energy you use/need, the higher the ratio carbs : fat will be.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Which is logical given that you need extra energy by doing physical activities which require carbs specifically.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

From another thread:
Kookaburra wrote: OO and OJ; Which one to pour in the cup first?
Does it make any difference? I guess not? Since the oil will ultimately float to the top. What about if I add honey/sugar/egg yolk? Do I add them after or before I pour out the OJ into the cup?
It really doesnt matter.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

RRM wrote:
Jodiat wrote:RRM uses 4-5 litres of OJ per day and I would guess thats around 250ml of EVOO to balance out the sugar for insulin control.
Actually, im using much less oo, as i continuously sip from the oj, and as im constantly running around, immediately utilizing the sugar. I think the total of oo is about 40
And my energy requirements are a bit extreme (not a good example), due to my job.
40 ml OO ? Isn't that extremly low ? On this page:
http://www.waiworld.com/waidiet/twd-examples.html

you recommend much higer amounts of OO.

Something different, I've the strange experience that my skin colour is less white if I eat more fat... Is that normal?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kasper wrote:Isn't that extremly low ?
It is.
But i explained it in your quote...
Something different, I've the strange experience that my skin colour is less white if I eat more fat... Is that normal?
Maybe its not the fat?
My skin also becomes a little less white when i consume loads of tomatoes.
Do you eat a lot of carrots, apricots, muskmelons, papaya, persimmon, tree tomatoes, mango, mandarin or loquats? (containing beta-carotene)
Also, when you consume sufficient vitamin A (egg yolks, tuna, salmon)
less beta-carotene is converted into vitamin A,
and the beta-carotene levels may remain high.