Too much citrus??

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
adonis
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Too much citrus??

Post by adonis »

Hi All,

I woke up and had my usual breakfast of a banana, strawberries, apricots and some OJ with sugar and OO. A short while after I became extremely nauseous? I have had this nausia feeling for 8 hours now. I have been battling a cold for a week but haven't felt like this before. Could my wife be correct in saying I may have had too much citrus? I had a couple of sliced cucumbers with OO and it helped a little, but I couldn't stomach anymore.

Now in my ninth hour and I don't have an appetite.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
AD
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Not sure, but I seem to remember apricot doesn't combine well with other fruits. Like papaya, melon, mandarin, it's best eaten alone. Could be the cause of your queasiness.
nick

Post by nick »

Making sure that you combine fruit properly is essential as well as making sure it is ripe for eating. RRM told me that I am sensitive to the aldehydes in fruit when it hasn't fully ripened. I got sick and didn't feel like eating anything for a couple of hours. Just some things to keep in mind.
sabie

Post by sabie »

I may be having a similiar problem. I couldn't sit in my chair today at work and did something I thought I would never do, lay down on the digusting carpet in my office (on my coats of course but still!). My stomach felt tight and burning and even my back, lower and middle were hurting and my back never hurts me. I ate dried fruits last night and other fruit. I may be stunned when it comes to ripe fruit, I printed out some info but I lack experience for buying fruit in the winter. I usually used frozen organic in my smoothies and ate bananas and a few appples. In the summer I usually stick with apricots, plums, nectarines and peaches so those I can do.
Today I did a search and found this site. I ignored most of what I read as I scanned but he does talk about some people not tolertaing citrus as well (the whole orange, I have no juicer yet so I can't say what it would be like for me to sip the juice all day) and maybe sticking to apples, bananas, pears, melons. I have so much going on with me that I can't be sure but bad food comboing and unripe have got to be partially to blame at least for my pain. What about chewing on the orange and spitting out the pulp (as a temp measure), he mentions he did that at one time.
http://www.drbass.com/aboutfruit.html

http://www.drbass.com/symptoms.html

He also has a pretty good article about what can happen to your body when you do a change of diet. I feel this applies to me, over many years (I'm in my late 40's) my system has worn paths in my "works" that are bad and suddenly not getting what it is used to must be upsetting, like a domino effect!
adonis

Thanks

Post by adonis »

Good links Sabie! I woke up this morning and felt like the grim reaper was running around inside my body. I thought I was going to have to call the ambulance. Came very close. I felt very dehydrated and sick to my stomach, on the verge of passing out, which has never happened to me. My wife's first comments of course "its that damn diet, you have to stop that stupid diet, you probably have salmonilla(spelling?) from eating those raw eggs". For a short while I thought she may be right about the salmonilla. I went to the bathroom and had some OJ and two glasses of water. I started feeling better a little while after. Admittedly I did not eat 9 meals yesterday and did not sleep much before I woke up. I have also been battling a cold for a week and really was sick as heck Saturday and Sunday. I have had severe dehydration before and if that's what dying feels like, I'd rather a quicker less painful way to go. The tough part is buying mass quantities of fresh fuit and consuming it before it goes bad.

Well, I feel better now and will hopefully not have that issue again.

Have to drink and eat constantly and know that you are providing your body with enough to survive and grow(I lost about 4 pounds) in the past week. Not good for me. I need to gain weight. I am learning and adjusting. Week two here today(Tuesday).

AD
Brian
Administrator

Post by Brian »

Glad to hear you're feeling better.
There are definitely a lot of ways to make mistakes on this diet.

Also, try to be sure that you are eating perfectly ripe fruit.

I know that in Canada right now our supply of California navel oranges has been very hit-and-miss.
Sometimes the oranges are very good, but other times they are absolutely awful.
And you often can't tell just by looking at them, you have to open them and smell or taste them to tell.

I've had to discard 4 full cases in the past 2 months.
(My wholesaler doesn't let me cut open an orange in the box before purchasing.)