Goji berries

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by RRM »

johndela1 wrote:Isn't there a more objective way to classify a fruit as sweet other than the way one person percieves it?
Why would you want that?
I don't think tomatoes are sweet at all.
Taste is very subjective.
How do you perceive their taste?
Marty

Sweetness

Post by Marty »

I perceive every fresh fruit I eat as 'inviting,' whether sweet in the way of an orange or pineapple, or crisp and fresh in the way of a cucumber.

The crisp, fresh factor for a cucumber -- like the freshness of a honeydew melon, in taste-- I perceive in contrast to a pungent spicy pepper or a garlic clove.

A ripe tomato has always just tasted incredibly inviting and yes, sweet, in some sense. It has a lack of pungent or disagreeable tones; or bitterness.

Raw tomato has always tasted sweet to me, especially when very ripe. A good balsamic vinegar, itself slightly sweet, brings this out even more. In fact I make the tomato-cucumber salad of the Sample Diet with melon occasionally substituting for cucumber.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

fictor wrote:These "super-food" berries are very high in vitamin like vitamin C.
Is it ok for a "Wai-fruit" or would it be considered a munch food?
Iris wrote:maybe it's just in my mind, but they taste weird.... So I don't eat them, but I have no clue whether they're considered munch food or not. Sorry....
I moved your posts over here...
I guess you hadnt noticed this thread... :P
Roocious

Post by Roocious »

I'm confused - if we aren't to eat berries

Aren't a great deal of fruits considered to be "technically" berries - like avocados?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

To make things even more confusing; there even are different classifications!
tomatoes and cucumbers for example are sometimes considered vegetables, sometimes fruits, and sometimes vegetable-fruits.
Some raw vegetable fruits are edible, where as others are edible to a much lesser extend.
Some berries are very edible, whereas others are not at all. And some are in between.
mario91

Re: Goji berries

Post by mario91 »

I even read somewhere that strawberries and not technically berries... lol.
As for berries in general, i sometimes consume strawberries and blueberries. I rarely do thought, because they have no skin, so farmers must throw them loads of chemicals. But if I had a forest near home, I'd definitely pick and eat some of them anytime. I understand not all berries and edible, ofc.
About what CurlyGirl said about seeds, I think not all seeds are bad. Yes, grape seeds are really bad for digestion, they taste bad, so I don't eat grapes also (plus most grapes I find taste almost like venom, but that's another story). Tomato, watermelon seeds seem bad to me too. But nuts are also seeds. And the seeds of figs, for eg, are delicious and must be very nutritious. The same about the seeds of strawberries: they are small, they taste good, so I have no problem eating them.

And again, the same for the seeds of goji berries. They taste really good to me. The whole berries taste really good in my opinion. But I also don't eat them because I don't thurst, neither want to support those raw food gurus that CurlyGirl well refered.