Goji berries

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
art
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Goji berries

Post by art »

are goji berries good for skin?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Berries are not normally meant for human consumption, but there are some berries which can be eaten safely, if you would really want to eat them. I don't remember exactly which ones though, and also don't know if goji berries would fall in that category or not.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

What kind of berries are they?
Does it say whether how edible they are?
fredb

Post by fredb »

Goji berries, sometimes called Wolfberries , are perhaps the most nutritionally-rich fruit on the planet. Goji berries contain 18 kinds of amino acids (six times higher than bee pollen) and contain all 8 essential amino acids (such as isoleucine and tryptophan).

Goji berries contain up to 21 trace minerals (the main ones being zinc, iron, copper, calcium, germanium, selenium, and phosphorus). etc:

RPM, do you think these would be ok? you can only get them in dried form i believe
Brian
Administrator

Post by Brian »

I dunno anything about Goji berries, but why does everyone call him RPM?
It's RRM!

:lol:
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Goji berries, sometimes called Wolfberries
aaah, wolfberries; they are for birds, not for us...
Goji berries contain 18 kinds of amino acids (six times higher than bee pollen) and contain all 8 essential amino acids (such as isoleucine and tryptophan).
Virtually all foods do...
http://www.13.waisays.com/protein.htm
or the usda database: http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/
Goji berries contain up to 21 trace minerals (the main ones being zinc, iron, copper, calcium, germanium, selenium, and phosphorus). etc:
Vitually all foods do.
Germanium? Since when is that an essential nutrient?
RPM, do you think these would be ok? you can only get them in dried form i believe
No, they are not for human consumption, like most berries btw.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Brian wrote:I dunno anything about Goji berries, but why does everyone call him RPM?
It's RRM!

:lol:
Hmmm, maybe they have seen me in action at work; I make a lot of Rotations Per Minute...
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

RRM,

you said, since when is geranium requierd

How do you know it isn't? I mean There was a time in history when we didn't even know what vitamins and minerals where.

There are probably many things we don't yet know we need
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Technically speaking you're right. On the other hand, germanium is apparently present as a trace element in most foods, so even if it would be something we need, we would easily get it.
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Ah, so this is just another example of the raw-food 'gurus' trying to sell us their 'superfoods', as though we cannot possibly secure these nutrients in any other way than by purchasing exotic supplements off their websites and thus making them wealthy. So, according to the 'gurus', we MUST eat goji berries because they contain germanium (among other things), the implicit suggestion being that there are very few alternative sources of this 'obscure' mineral,when in fact the mineral in question is ubiquitous in everyone's diet. Meanwhile, there is no mention of the obvious (but frequently ignored) fact that berries are not meant for human consumption. How can these people claim to be promoting 'optimum health'?

Hmmmm..... just another reason to be highly suspicious of these raw-foodist high-priests and high-priestesses. In my view, the most unfortunate victims in this whole sham-business are the gurus' unfortunate, malnourished children, who are being raised by ignorant and/or dogmatic parents as VEGANS and therefore are tragically missing out on important nutrients found in animal foods (eg. clean cholesterol, essential fats, etc). I cry for those babies.
johndela1

not human food

Post by johndela1 »

Why is it obvious that berries are not meant for human consumption? To me they seem like somethng that I would eat. I mean they look good smell good and taste good. Strawberries and blueberries are something I really like the taste of.

It just souonds a little odd to say it is obvious we shouldn't eat them. Has it always been obvious to you or is it something you learned?

Berries have always seemed like just another fruit to me. I'm open to changing how I eat, but this is the first I have ever heard of berries not being human food.

many animals eat berries other than birds, my dogs even eat them
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think some berries are edible and others are less or not edible. I'm sure strawberries are perfectly edible. :)
johndela1

berries

Post by johndela1 »

You say 'I'm sure', but other people are saying it is obvious. I'm confused.

I read some of the articles on the main page and they suggest eating strawberries and tomatoes (berries) but then I'm reading not to eat berries.

I don't' think things are obvious but I really do want to learn what is best for me to eat. I feel that I have really good self control and discpline. I don't need 'munch foods. I mean if I came to *know* something I'd do it fully.

I come from a background of rawfooding and thinking that we (humans) are not carnivourous at all. I'm not fanatcal and would eat meat occasionally,but my staples have been raw vegan stuff.

I'm really open to new ideas, but am confused with all the contradictary info I find from day to day. Stuff that actually seems to make sense.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I'm not an expert on this, but it seems to me that it's pretty easy to get confused about berries. Even in the botanical world 'berries' are 'false berries' or not even berries, while their names are '-berry'. In the non-botanical world all '-berries' and small fruit are called berries.

Wai says berries meant for birds are very colorful. I would assume they should also be fairly easy to reach for birds.

I could also imagine that after a while on the strict diet one could become more sensitive to what is edible or not.

Have you started on the diet yet?
johndela1

diet

Post by johndela1 »

Yea, I'm following it.