Eating only bananas as fruit (plus fatty fish and egg yolks)

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
overkees
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Eating only bananas as fruit (plus fatty fish and egg yo

Post by overkees »

Well, bananas make a gas calld ethylene which lets them ripen. They can only make it if there is enouhj oxygen i believe. So a box which lets in air traps all the formed ethylene and the other bananas start to ripe aswell. Producing even more of the gas.
You can ripen other fruit aswell, by puttimg a banana with it in a bag with small holes. Kiwis ripen really good when stored qith bananas
mario91

Post by mario91 »

overkees wrote:Well, bananas make a gas calld ethylene which lets them ripen. They can only make it if there is enouhj oxygen i believe. So a box which lets in air traps all the formed ethylene and the other bananas start to ripe aswell. Producing even more of the gas.
You can ripen other fruit aswell, by puttimg a banana with it in a bag with small holes. Kiwis ripen really good when stored qith bananas
Thanks, but that I already knew.
What I don't know is why they got such a soap-toxic taste.
overkees

Post by overkees »

Well, too ripe bananas in, in my experience, are always soap tasting.
mario91

Post by mario91 »

overkees wrote:Well, too ripe bananas in, in my experience, are always soap tasting.
That makes sense. I just hope that it's not harmful to health... I wouldn't eat them anyway, just can't...!
mario91

Post by mario91 »

I've just done this for about two months, and near the end I started feeling huge cravings for deep/hot coloured fruits like oranges, tomatoes, berries. I'm still eating mostly bananas+yolks, like 80%, but those 20% left make all the difference, and I try to get lots of variety with them, which seems to keep my body more satisfied.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

I thought on this diet anti-oxidants weren't important (we don't eat mutagens/free radical causing foods), and that for them to really be affective you would need to have the specific anti-oxidant that would counter whichever free radicals you have.

Also, if you are getting enough vitamins, wouldn't having too much potassium, for example, still be a problem? I remember eating a lot of bananas a while back because of inconvenience and cost, but I felt it was causing problems, so I stopped.

Now a good way I've found to eat them is cut them up on a plate and pour on olive oil and or coconut oil. Bananas absorb OO and taste amazing, and if you're like me and try to eat tons of it, they can hold in quite a bit. If you pour coconut oil on as a liquid, it becomes like a frosting and also tastes amazing.
mario91

Post by mario91 »

Mr. PC wrote: Also, if you are getting enough vitamins, wouldn't having too much potassium, for example, still be a problem? I remember eating a lot of bananas a while back because of inconvenience and cost, but I felt it was causing problems, so I stopped.
Nope, I never felt anything wrong with the bananas. Only the craving for something else.
Mr. PC wrote: Now a good way I've found to eat them is cut them up on a plate and pour on olive oil and or coconut oil. Bananas absorb OO and taste amazing, and if you're like me and try to eat tons of it, they can hold in quite a bit. If you pour coconut oil on as a liquid, it becomes like a frosting and also tastes amazing.
I've already tried that too. It's delicious, indeed. But I just stopped eating oils. Because my body craves large amounts of vitamins, I can feel it. So I only eat bananas mashed up with egg yolks, or some very few nuts if I'm out, like 1 walnut per banana.