Sample Diet Salads

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
WaiWay
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Sample Diet Salads

Post by WaiWay »

I'm currently doing the sample diet and was wondering if I could eat lettuce with oranges, almonds, and raisins. The rules say I can eat a tomato/cucumber/avocado salad (which are fruits), but to eat fruits then salad. Are these 3 fruits the only exception to the rule?

Also in regards to the instructions, on the website it says to eat fruits, salad, then sashima, but in the book it says: fruits, salad, then sashima/egg yolk. Does this mean I can't mix my egg yolks with orange juice? I really like doing that.

Just in case you're wondering if I'm breaking the rules; the raisins are Sun-Maid, which I'm almost 100% are sun-dried (every source I've seen points towards that fact), and I squeeze the orange myself for the orange juice and eat the remaining pulp, it's not Tropicana or anything.
Oscar
Administrator

Re: Sample Diet Salads

Post by Oscar »

If you are following the Acne Sample Diet, then nuts and lettuce aren't allowed until your skin is acne-free. Combining egg yolk with orange juice is perfectly fine. The order fruits-salad-fish/eggs is only applicable if you have to eat all of it in one big meal. Normally you should try to avoid eating such big meals anyway.
WaiWay

Post by WaiWay »

Oh, thank you.

What about the orange/raisin salad? And what makes the avocado/tomato/cucumber so special?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Raisins are generally not sun-dried, but if they are truly sun-dried, yes, raisins are allowed.
Tomatoes and cucumber are vegetable-fruits, and though all vegetables are excluded,
tomatoes and cucumber contain less anti-nutrients than 'other vegetables',
and are therefore included.
dime

Post by dime »

I'm rather sceptical of tomatoes, they are nightshades which have some poisons (tomatin I think) in the green parts, especially when not rippen.
So I only eat them home, when we pick them up fully rippen from the garden.

Wiki:
Leaves, stems, and green unripe fruit of the tomato plant contain small amounts of the toxic alkaloid tomatine.[40] They also contain solanine, a toxic alkaloid found in potato leaves and other plants in the nightshade family.[41][42] However, levels of tomatine in foliage and green fruit are generally too small to be dangerous unless large amounts are consumed, for example, as greens.
WaiWay

Re: Basil, Parsley, and Chives questions

Post by WaiWay »

There's no clear "strict" diet. I always get mixed answers for it (there are variations on the different versions Wai posts). One poster told me nuts were not allowed. Also, in the FreeAcneBook, Wai states chives cannot cause acne in the Q&A section.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, only eat perfectly ripened tomatoes.
Oscar
Administrator

Re: Basil, Parsley, and Chives questions

Post by Oscar »

WaiWay wrote:There's no clear "strict" diet. I always get mixed answers for it (there are variations on the different versions Wai posts). One poster told me nuts were not allowed. Also, in the FreeAcneBook, Wai states chives cannot cause acne in the Q&A section.
The reference is: http://www.waiworld.com/waicure/acnesamplediet.html
WaiWay

Post by WaiWay »

the freeacnebook also says not to eat frozen fish...
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

The book is in some aspects (like the frozen fish) a little out-of-date. Use the link I provided to get to the up-to-date Acne Sample Diet. Only after your skin is totally clear can you start experimenting.