(sun?) dried fruits

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Confirming SunMaid Raisins

Post by RRM »

I doubt its true.
Maybe some part of the drying included some sun exposure.
You know how they twist the facts by using creative descriptions;
are the 'sun-dried' ones truly sun-dried only,
or does that mean that their drying process includes some sun-drying? (and other drying proces(ses) as well?)
dime

Re: (sun?) dried fruits

Post by dime »

But I suppose non-sun-dried at 40-50C should be also ok?
The temp can not be too high, because then the fruits will be very obviously cooked, and to me no dried fruits look/taste cooked.
I've no idea what temps are typically used in commercial production though. Somewhere I read it's around 140F = 60C.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Sulfurized apricot also contains acrylamide, which is a carcinogenic.
See the WaiWiki page about acrylamide:
http://www.waiwiki.org/index.php/Acrylamide
overkees

Post by overkees »

I only buy the organic stuff from trusted sources. Every other commercial dried fruit gives me alot of problems. And besides, it just tastes afwul.
I would never dare to touch a normal dried fig again. Please taste and discover it for yourself.

I dont buy it that organic stuff may sometimes be worse than non organic. Certainly for dried fruits (they don't need to look as appealing as normal fruits). Please taste and discover how your body reacts. I am not mistaken. Every time I eat non organic dried fruit I will be miserable or have other troubles.

Apples are another case. I only like the apples that are home grown without pesticides. Even the apples in the organic supermarket taste fishy to me and I don't trust it. Same goes for cucumber, tomato and pears. The only label I really trust, due to its superb taste and always pleasant reaction of the body is demeter btw. Please taste their egg yolks (for the dutchies here) and compare these to the normal organic yolks. I mean, WOW! Please report.

I really believe the demeter companies use zero to very low materials to protect their products. And this is why it tastes so much better. You will of course pay a super high prize, which is kinda logic.