Refrigeration

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
WaiWay
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Refrigeration

Post by WaiWay »

We can refrigerate our fruits on the Wai/sample diet, right? I find a lot of fruits over-ripen if they are not in the fridge.
mario91

Re: Refrigeration

Post by mario91 »

Of course. You can even freeze your food. Low temperatures don't alter protein nor originate mutagenic compounds.
WaiWay

Post by WaiWay »

mario91 wrote:Of course. You can even freeze your food. Low temperatures don't alter protein nor originate mutagenic compounds.
Mario91, that's odd that you say that... the FreeAcneBook says that salmon can originate dirty proteins if frozen. Where did you hear that it doesn't?
mario91

Post by mario91 »

WaiWay wrote:
mario91 wrote:Of course. You can even freeze your food. Low temperatures don't alter protein nor originate mutagenic compounds.
Mario91, that's odd that you say that... the FreeAcneBook says that salmon can originate dirty proteins if frozen. Where did you hear that it doesn't?
Lots of people end up putting this question here the forum... don't worry. The FreeAcneBook is outdated on that. RRM told in a thread that he and his friends initialy tried frozen herring and it always gave them acne, so they speculated about dirty protein and mutagenic compounds caused by freezing. But it was actually the salt that gave him acne! Because herring is always soaked in salt before freezing.

So... never eat herring, but all other frozen fish you can eat. I'd say 90% of the people who do this diet eat frozen fish regularly :) In my opinion it's even better than fresh fish, since it uses to be more fresh, less likely to have parasites and excess bacteria (freezing kills them), and generally cheaper.
WaiWay

Post by WaiWay »

Dang! I kept telling myself on this Sample Diet "If only I was allowed to freeze it... maybe I wouldn't be sceptical to eat it." Thanks for clearing that up! :D
overkees

Post by overkees »

Almost every fish gets frozen right after it is caught. However, especially fatty fish deteriorates even in the freezer. Mackerel, one of the most fatty and deteriorating fish there is can be kept for max. 3 months in the freezer. Herring, same story. Salmon only a little bit longer.

Therefore how quicker it is defrosted, how tastier and fresher the fish is. Most of the fish stores unfreeze it right after it has reached the store. And sometimes they defreeze when it just has reached land.

So, buying white fish sorts fresh is not a smart move to do when it comes to money, because it doesn't deteriorate quick and if you defreeze it it sill tastes good.
dime

Post by dime »

I always buy "fresh" fish, I'm not sure if it has been frozen before but at least it's not when I'm buying it, so it's much easier to assess it's freshness.

Btw, fresh Mediterannean fish paradise in Sicily.. too bad I don't live there :( That wet fish market was huge and absolutely amazing.