banana juice nutrient value

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
Christina
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

banana juice nutrient value

Post by Christina »

I don't have a slow juicer yet- plan on getting one for my birthday in november :D
For now I have been making my banana juice by running the banana through the green star juicer with no sieve, just to get the banana to a mushed form without using a blender. then I put it in a nut milk bag and squeeze the juice out. The part that's left in the bag is still moist fiber. I probably get 0.5 liter from 6-7 large bananas. Delicious, creamy.
I cannot find banana juice in the nutrient calculator. Can you tell me how many calories etc are in the banana juice? It cannot be as much as the whole bananas are- that's a lot. and 0.5l isn't that much. i could drink 1.5 liter of that in a day!
RRM
Administrator

Re: banana juice nutrient value

Post by RRM »

Im sorry, no data for that...
MarciavD

Post by MarciavD »

I am also curious about the nutrient value of juices. I try to calculate my energy needs and, of course, I want to be sure I am eating (better: drinking) sufficient macro and micro nutrients.

How to estimate calories and nutrients from slow juiced - fruit? It seems to me the nutrient value of 500 gr whole banana differs from 500 gr banana juice? Should I put the before-juicing-weight of the juiced whole fruits (without peels of course) in the calculator?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, it differs, but how exactly is unpredictable.
Fiber content is down, so all others should be up theoretically, but there may be nutrient-fiber associations for specific nutrients.
Take OJ, for example:
Iron, potassium, B3 and sodium may be higher in juice vs whole oranges
Calcium, B2, B6 and B9 may be lower in juice vs whole oranges

But even the above may be very different for different types of oranges, ripeness, country of origin, etc.
For example, vitamin B1 and omega-3 fats may be higher in juice vs raw navels (whole oranges), and no difference in B9.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

MarciavD wrote: Wed 10 May 2017 09:21 Should I put the before-juicing-weight of the juiced whole fruits (without peels of course) in the calculator?
I would use the weight of the juice, using the whole food nutrient make up, for an estimate.