How to: mix coconut oil/red palm oil/(other oil) with OJ

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
overkees
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

How to: mix coconut oil/red palm oil/(other oil) with OJ

Post by overkees »

Since coconut oil and red palm oil are very healthy wai foods and some might prefer it above olive oil, some people have tried to mix it. But miserably failed and noticed that it gave big lumps of fat in their juice. However: Do not fear! For the method to mix these oils with OJ is here!

First add a tablespoon of OJ in a cup and add a teaspoon of virgin walnut oil and mix it until it's a smooth mixture, then add 1 or 2 tablespoons of one of the oils, or a mixture of these oils in liquid form (just heat it up until it is liquid). While you add it, stir it with a fork firmly until it dissolves smoothly. Then add this part to the whole orange juice flask and shake!

You might have to shake the juice a bit sometimes before drinking, but after shaking it again gives a really good emulsion. it is due to the high lecithin content in walnuts that you will get such an emulsion. Yes, lecithin content in egg yolks is even higher. So these work very good aswell. But they also give a taste to the juice that not everybody likes. And there are some other reasons as well, such as freshness and other issues.

It tastes really awesome, and is a must try for everybody. Make sure it is the virgin organic walnut oil and store it in the fridge. It is a very delicious oil on itself too btw!

Please report if you have tried this. I'm very curious about your experiments and experiences.
dime

Re: How to: mix coconut oil/red palm oil/(other oil) with OJ

Post by dime »

I add 1-2 egg yolks to my orange juice. I'm not sure if it's well mixed because I can't see in the bottle, but it seems like.
But doesn't the coconut oil harden up once it gets colder? Or the emulsion prevents this?
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Awesome!!

When I was on wai, my biggest frustration was that I couldn't mix coconut oil with orange juice.
I was really dreaming of being able to have fresh coconut milk, that I could mix with my orange juice.

If this works, this would be a wonderful improvement of this diet in my opinion.
I only think you need a tiny bit of raw egg yolk to let this work, so this may be an option as well.
I add 1-2 egg yolks to my orange juice. I'm not sure if it's well mixed because I can't see in the bottle, but it seems like.
Does this stay fresh all day ?
dime

Post by dime »

Kasper wrote: Does this stay fresh all day ?
yes
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Maybe because there are so many antioxidants present relative to little animal food.
dime

Post by dime »

That's what I was thinking too; of course I can't surely know whether it's spoiled, but it always smells fine.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Hm... sounds like a good solution to eat raw egg yolks and fats at uninversity.
overkees

Post by overkees »

Walnut oil alone is enough, try
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

I tried, but I couldn't get the wallnut oil and cocont juice in emulsion.
Only if I added a little bit egg yolk.
dime

Post by dime »

Maybe overkees has some special unrefined cold-pressed walnut oil, or maybe his oil has lecithing added or something.
Probably you could just buy pure lecithin or similar emulsifier, but I think it's better simply using egg yolks.
overkees

Post by overkees »

Ive bought 250mL walnut oil of bio planete for 11 euros, it is organic and extra virgin.

But coconut juice? Or you mean OJ+coconut oil? I will try it.
dime

Post by dime »

That's expensive.. I've got 0.5L for 5 eur, but it's not bio and doesn't say extra virgin.
So far it's the only oil (besides butter) that I can actually drink straight without a yuck feeling.
overkees

Post by overkees »

Yes it's really nice. It hasn't got any of the bitters walnuts have.

I like coconut oil too and even started to like red palm oil :).

I use just 1 teaspoon walnut oil, so 250mL lasts me for a loooong time.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

So far it's the only oil (besides butter) that I can actually drink straight without a yuck feeling.
Both contain lecithin, and therefore are better digested. I think your body is able to notice that.
dime

Post by dime »

Also I like walnuts a lot and I eat a handful every day, especially because they are a very good source of manganese, cheap and easy to shell, as well as easier to digest I'd say. Some nuts are essential on the wai diet in my opinion, because otherwise it's very low in manganese.

Kasper somehow I'm not convinced in that lecithin theory. Even raw butter was causing me a yucky feeling if it's a bit more at once. Maybe it's something about the fat composition..
I'm quite puzzled now why is it that some oils are really disguisting. Does it mean that if it doesn't taste good you should stay away from it? Although, how accurate can our taste be for them, if we haven't really eaten any oils except for the last 100-200 years.