slow juicing questions

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
Nadia
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

slow juicing questions

Post by Nadia »

a few slow juicing questions please ...
( omega vsj 843 )

passionfruit :
delicious juice but the machine crushes the seeds … is that okay ??

mango ( thai , ripe ) :
juice comes out like a thin smoothie , filled with little clumps . is that normal ?
maybe there is a special trick … ?
or is a passevite the only solution to make it smooth ?

skins & seeds :
is it necessary to peel thin-skinned organic fruits before juicing ? : cucumbers , tomatoes , grapes , apples , apricots …
and what about the seeds from grapes , tomatoes , cherries : okay to leave them in ?

thank you very much !
chris75001

Re: slow juicing questions

Post by chris75001 »

Good evening Nadia, This extractor is absolutely perfect, Organic or not I always remove the skin of my fruit to facilitate the extraction of the juice.

Regard the your chimney extractor as your mouth ;)

Yes passion fruit are the seeds are extracted yes, it'll make a screeching noise
Yep, mango juice is thicker than apple juice or orange juice, but not as thick as for example banana juice. You can use a sieve to mango juice, to make it smooth

Yes of course remove the seeds your fruit because it will damage the filter and if the taste of juice.

I mean the seeds easier to remove than you will ever eat, such as apples or apricots, cherry

For grapes must buy seedless grapes.
For tomatoes you can let the seeds because it is absolutely not hard, as for cucumber. Again considered the extractor as your mouth. When you eat cherries you do not eat the kernel;)

Take care of your extractor omega, try to always remove the skin of your fruits and vegetables, as if you wanted to eat, actually
Nadia

Post by Nadia »

thank you very much for your reply chris !
really helpful : )

so i understand that making passionfruit juice with the machine is not a good idea ; )

do you also remove the skin of grapes , apricots and ( cherry - ) tomatoes ?
that’s a lot of work … !
chris75001

Post by chris75001 »

With pleasure...

You can extract the fruit juice passionfruit of course, these seeds are soft

So to be more precise, here the fruit or I always removes the skin and seeds, kernels, glitches before extracting the juice, organic or not :

apple, pear, melon, watermelon, banana, cucumber (only the skin), pineapple, mango, carrot

For grapes I always chose a bunch of seedless varieties, and I put them in the machine with the skin. But I took care to rinse the grapes before, If indeed it would take a llllooootttt of time!

I never make apricot juice, but sometimes I can put two or three apricot in the machine, I usually just remove the kernel and leave the skin.

Never put cherry

cherry tomato with skin, I always buy organic cherry tomato, I rinsed with water and I put in the machine. Normal tomato, sometimes I take off the skin, sometimes not

You can also try to avocado 2-4 in the machine, it's a butter (thick green cream), it is absolutely delicious. Avocado cream with egg yolk is very very good.
there is very little water in the avocado so not much will come out of the machine, simply open the machine one to take all the butter in with your finger or a small spoon
Nadia

Post by Nadia »

thank you chris ! : )

i’m not making the passionfruit-juice anymore .
it sure is delicious , but the crushed seeds get stuck in the screen and you have to push them out one by one with a needle !
and , seed juice is not on the plan … ; )
probably the same is going to happen with grape seeds … ?

what do you think of green juices ?
they used to make me feel so good but now i know about all the anti-nutrients i stopped them completely .

your avocado cream recipe sounds very delicious !
i love to eat 1 food at the time ( no mix ) , but this is so tempting : )
do you just put the yolks on top ?
chris75001

Post by chris75001 »

Yes, avoid the grapes with seeds.

I think green juices can not do any harm and may even be very useful on a normal diet to help the ill effects of a bad feeds.
but when you are on diet wai was not really need green juice...
I prefer to drink apple juice or orange juice, melon juice with banana and pineapple
After there are several type of green juices, there are the more hardcore as: brocolie, fennel, spinach, cucumber, celery. It does not make me want at all...
There are also green juice a little softer as: Granny Smith (apple), cucumber, fresh spinach (for green). I tried this once combinations to really have a green juice, it was not bad at all... (To walk down the street with my green juice, like actors lol;) )

Yes, it's absolutely delicious, so I put 2 or 3 ripe Hass avocado, sometimes if I really want I can go up to 5. Never yellow in the machine of course. First I put 4 egg yolks in a bowl, then I add lawyers cream, then I put 2 yellow top, then I gently mixing with a spoon ... Absolutely delicious... Eat with spoon, easy to digest, great sleep
Nadia

Post by Nadia »

thanks chris !! great help !

another question please : do you always put sugar and oil in your juices ?
i seem to do well without them ( just a little oil in more acidic juice ) , but would love to experiment , esp. with the sugar …
maybe you have some good advice for me here too … : )

also , do you drink any water ?

xx ,
nadia
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Whether you need to add sugar and/or oil depends on how much energy you need,
and to what extent you find it easy to fulfill those requirements.
If you tend to lose weight, you may be better off adding extra energy.

When you drink a lot of juice, you dont need any water, as the water is already in the juice.
Nadia

Post by Nadia »

RRM ,
now i juice all my fruit my digestion is totally messed up … : (
on whole fruit it was perfect !
maybe my body is still adjusting to very little fiber , what do you think ?

on some days i don’t feel like eating yolks or fish : do they play a direct part in the digestion process ?

missing the fiber ,
nadia
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Nadia wrote:my digestion is totally messed up … : (
Can you please be more specific?
What kind of juicer do yuou use?
Do you use a sieve/strainer?
on some days i don’t feel like eating yolks or fish : do they play a direct part in the digestion process ?
No, not directly.
Nadia

Post by Nadia »

constipation or diarrhea .
whenever i go back to whole fruit , all works perfect again within a few days …

juicer : omega vsj 843 slow juicer .

sieve : yes !
that is , for watery juice - orange , pineapple , melon …
i don’t sieve thick juice like mango , papaya , apricot , strawberry , banana , avocado …

thank you RRM : )
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I think it is a matter of adjustment.
The body adapts to what you eat.
If you eat foods high in iron, your absorption rate will be lower.
If you drink more water, you may sweat more during sleep.
And if you always add a lot of salt or spices, your preferences will adjust accordingly.

The same is probably true for fiber; the stimulating influence of fiber will be adjusted to your regular intake of fiber.
So that if you are used to consume a lot of fiber, a sudden decrease may result in constipation.
As a consequence, any change in diet needs to last a while before you are able to judge its effects.
In the short term, any change in fiber intake may result in constipation or diarrhea.

So, if you want to try a change in diet, implement that change not just for a few days, but for at least a few weeks.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Nadia wrote:i don’t sieve thick juice like mango , papaya , apricot , strawberry , banana , avocado …
There is not that much fiber in watery juices such as OJ and watermelon juice.
Sieving of those juices just removes the remaining fiber.
Thick juices are loaded with (micro)fiber. Particularly for more thick juices, sieving results in a substantial decrease in fiber intake.
For thick juices, you need a sieve like this one:
passeerzeef.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nadia

Post by Nadia »

… so theoretically it is possible to have regular healthy bowel movements on a diet of just fruit juice ?
thank you RRM !
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yes. The less excrement, the less bowel movements are needed as well.