too much fruit? (and insulin)

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
chris m failla
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

too much fruit, and insulin

Post by chris m failla »

I thought that when eating sugar, even when you need the energy, needs insulin to shuttle the glucose into the cell. Which would mean that sugar intake cause insulin release. I read on serveral sites that the body prefers fat as fuel for the body. So also ,If the body needs more glucose, it coverts the protein if needed. I dont see why that would tax the body in any way, its just another natural body process. It seems with Wai diet, that if I dont remember to take a fat with fruit, or you eat a little to much fruit at one time, well then are we working towards insulin resistance?
johndela1

Re: too much fruit, and insulin

Post by johndela1 »

chris m failla wrote:I thought that when eating sugar, even when you need the energy, needs insulin to shuttle the glucose into the cell. Which would mean that sugar intake cause insulin release. I read on serveral sites that the body prefers fat as fuel for the body. So also ,If the body needs more glucose, it coverts the protein if needed. I dont see why that would tax the body in any way, its just another natural body process. It seems with Wai diet, that if I dont remember to take a fat with fruit, or you eat a little to much fruit at one time, well then are we working towards insulin resistance?
I'd rather just eat fruit than say what many people eat, rice, bread, potatoes, etc. These things spike your sugar more than fruit. More than table sugar if I'm not mistaken.
gaia

eskimos

Post by gaia »

hi :)

I just want to know
whether Eskimos cook their meat and fish or
they tend to eat it raw?

Also I agree that eating meat is better than eating grains
because it really helps the growth of body and building muscles..

but I guess it is not good regarding acne because of water retention
sucks for me ...
Frost

Post by Frost »

Inuit did and many still do eat raw meat. In fact, eskimo translates to "eaters of raw meat". Seal meat in particular is a good raw meat when it is fresh, and can be edible for a few days after the kill (because of the freezing temperatures, bacteria is non-existant).
Frost

Post by Frost »

and gaia, ya im struggling to eat enough protein since starting this diet to, i cant really tell you what works for me because i have not fine tuned it yet, but ill tell you when i get it down.
RRM
Administrator

Re: too much fruit, and insulin

Post by RRM »

chris m failla wrote:sugar intake cause insulin release.
Energy (sugars, protein, fats, alcohol) intake cause insulin release, except for the first bit that just replenishes lost blood sugar. So that the smaller and more frequent your meals, less insulin is released (greater 'replenishing ratio')
Its not about avoiding sugar (or protein, which has a greater nsulin-stimulating effect), but about avoiding big meals.
it coverts the protein if needed. I dont see why that would tax the body in any way, its just another natural body process.
The more energy you need to convert (from one form to another) the more you tax the hormone system that regulates these conversions.
It seems with Wai diet, that if I dont remember to take a fat with fruit, or you eat a little to much fruit at one time, well then are we working towards insulin resistance?
No. With ANY diet that you eat too big meals, or too little fat, you are working towards insulin resistance.