i need a juicer to make coconut cream; any suggestions???

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
Justin
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

i need a juicer to make coconut cream; any suggestions???

Post by Justin »

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows anything about juicers... I want to buy a juicer that is capable of making coconut cream from coconuts, i think i'll need quite an expensive one for this... Any suggestions...? thanks
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Justin, the only juicer I know of that is capable of homogenising foodstuffs (e.g. making 'ice-cream' from frozen bananas, making baby purées and nut butters, etc) is the Champion. I have wanted to own one for ages, but right now it's just too pricey for me. You would be able to make coconut cream very successfully using the Champion; I believe you just process it with the 'blank' plate fitted to the juicer. If you can afford one, I'm pretty sure it'd be a wonderful investment. (And no, I am not on the Champion Juicer Company's payroll... otherwise, don't you think I would've got myself one by now, using the employee discount?)

Good luck Justin!
Justin

Post by Justin »

hehe :) thanks curlygirl
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

no prob :-)
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

I have the Greenstar which is more expensive than the Champion :(

It has a homogenising plate too.

It also does any greens and grasses, and the juice will keep for days without losing nutrients. (unlike centrifugal juicers where the juice goes off within 10 minutes!!)

The only downsides are 1) you have to chop everything (except greens) up before it will fit in the chute (I have a centrifugal "Power Juicer" which has an enormous chute so everything will go in whole) and 2) it's a pain to clean (but juice lasts for days, so you don't have to use/clean it so often)
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

How is it possible for the juice to last for several days without deteriorating? Do you store it in a vacuum container? Surely the act of pressing the juice would expose the nutrients to oxygen (=> oxidation)?
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

In addition to keeping more enzymes intact because of less heat and friction, the Green Star also utilises bioceramic and magnetic technology. This helps to add more positive ions and vitality to minerals in the juice. At the core of each of the twin gears is a series of magnets, each three-quarters of an inch long and alternated between positive and negative. When the two gears are placed side-by-side, the positive and negative magnets are also alternated between the gears, generating a positive charge. At the molecular level, this means the magnets are creating positive ions as the gears spin.

Surrounding the inner core of magnets is a second level containing bioceramic particles and an outer layer of stainless steel. Bioceramic particles, produced by far-infrared technology, also emit positive ions. Magnets in the Green Star work in conjunction with these bioceramic particles. The magnets recharge the bioceramic material and the bioceramic material recharges the magnets. Without this recharging, the effect of both the magnets and the bioceramic material would eventually be diminished.

As the gears are spinning, the magnets and the bioceramic material are each producing more positive ions than can be held in charge by either the magnets or bioceramic material, therefore many of these positive ions go into the juice. These additional positive ions add more vitality and longevity to the life of the minerals, reducing oxidation and keeping the juice fresher longer.

The new patented Twin Gear Technology incorporates magnetic and far infra-red technology which enables juice made in the Green Star to be stored in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours without losing its health building benefits.
*cue RRM talking about the unnaturalness of magnet therapy and its detrimental affect on waiians*

The Green Star or Green Life (can't remember which) was my first juicer, and I was really shocked when I bought a Power Juicer (centrifugal) and the juice turned brown before I'd been able to drink it all. I was used to making at least 1l at a time which takes about 10 minutes to drink. I can't do that with the Power Juicer. :(
It doesn't taste as nice either. :(
Jack La Lanne Lied! :x
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Wow Cairidh,

I'm impressed with your equipment! Where do you live? I want to be your roommate!:lol:
Justin

Post by Justin »

Is it only possible to make coconut cream with a £200/300 juicer?
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Oh my goodness, Cairidh! Space-age techno-juicers indeed. Do you know where I could buy a second-hand Green Star? Anyone? (I don't have the 415 quid for a new one... :-()
Last edited by CurlyGirl on Sun 07 May 2006 20:09, edited 1 time in total.
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Justin... note my first post in response (at the top of this thread). I think it's perfectly possible to make coconut cream with a cheaper juicer. You just need one that has a blank plate, i.e. one that can homogenise things.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

Chin-Chin wrote:Wow Cairidh,

I'm impressed with your equipment! Where do you live? I want to be your roommate!:lol:
Lol :)
thanks

Yesterday I'd have said welcome, but after reading your conversational habits, I think you'd better stay in France!!
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

CurlyGirl wrote:Oh my goodness, Cairidh! Space-age techno-juicers indeed. Do you know where I could buy a second-hand Green Star? Anyone? (I don't have the 415 quid for a new one... :-()
There's a second hand Greenstar on ebay Uk. The auction ends in 17 hours and the bid is £250 at the moment.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Green-Star-3000-J ... dZViewItem

There champion juicer costs £230 new, including free shipping to the UK.

http://www.juiceland.co.uk/item--Champi ... VF002.html
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

Actually, I think you use the juice plate

*goes to check*

Yes, you use the juicing plate. I often get mixed up and go to all the effort of putting the blank plate on, and then find it comes out solid. :x
So then I have to put the juice plate back on. :roll:

Some people say you should put it through the blank plate first, and *then* juice it, but I've always just put it straight in (except when I get mixed up as above) and it's always come out lovely. It's very rich fatty cream.

I love it, but I don't make it very often because I can't use it all up, and because I can't open my own coconuts. :( (Chin Chin you can come and live with me if you open my coconuts every day!)

You can use any single gear or twin gear juicer. I've only ever used the Greenstar so I can't tell you what the others are like. They're more expensive than Centrifugals, but not as dear as the Greenstar.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

There's a single gear juicer on uk ebay for £95.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Easy-Health-Live- ... dZViewItem

I can't guarantee it makes coconut cream, I've never used one!!