Organic vs. factory farmed fruit

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
dawnroma
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Organic vs. factory farmed fruit

Post by dawnroma »

Hi,

I'm new to this board. I don't have acne but I do have cellulite. However, I'm also following the diet for health reasons. Today was my first day and so far so good. I just have some questions.

First, Wai says to peel all fruits to get rid of pesticides. What if I purchase organic fruits. Do they still need to be peeled?

Also, what about dried fruit? Should I be looking for something specific on the ingredients list (i.e. they shouldn't have preservatives or contain vegetable oil)? Again, I presume organic is prefereable?

I also have some questions about fish and cream, but I'll post those in the appropriate spots.

Ciao,

Dawn
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hello Dawn, and welcome to the forum. :)

I myself peel all fruits (except for organic tomatoes, and occasionally an organic apple), even if organic, because I don't exactly know the circumstances the fruit was grown. Did they use pesticides of some kind or not? How bad was the air pollution?

With dried fruit I think it's important to look for "sundried", and no additives of any kind, which includes salt and yeah vegetable oil. So far I haven't been able to locate sundried tomatoes which fit that description, for instance.

Are you going to follow the diet 100% or with munchfoods?

Keep us posted with your progress. :)
avo

Post by avo »

Does anyone know why boxed/canned organic raisins list "than 1% Organic Sunflower Oil" as an ingredient, while conventional raisins do not? Why do they need to add oil to raisins anyway? If the oil is not listed on the package, is it safe to assume that there is no added oil?
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

Oranges are factory farmed?
Don't tell me I have to boycott THEM now. *grumbles under her breath and pouts*
I'll have nothing left to eat soon. :cry:

Welcome to the forum Dawn *wave*
Can I call you Aurora?
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

avo wrote:Does anyone know why boxed/canned organic raisins list "than 1% Organic Sunflower Oil" as an ingredient, while conventional raisins do not? Why do they need to add oil to raisins anyway? If the oil is not listed on the package, is it safe to assume that there is no added oil?
All canned food is cooked, not raw.
All the raisins I've ever bought have contained vegetable oil. :(
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Oil from raisin grape seed is used for coating the raisins to improve appearance and keep them pliable.
I think it's safer to assume there is oil added if it doesn't say. :(
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Cairidh wrote:Oranges are factory farmed?
Don't tell me I have to boycott THEM now.
???
Why would you have to boycot oranges?
dawnroma

Post by dawnroma »

Hi everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post and for welcoming me to the board.

With regard to Oscar's question about munch foods, I'm planning on using them minimally when absolutely necessary (out at someone's house for dinner etc.). I wanted to include cream as a regular munch food, but it doesn't keep my bowels moving, if you know what I mean. And since I've had a lifetime of problems with constipation and am pretty much sick of it, I guess I'll be getting rid of the cream. In fact, my problem with constipation is how I came across the waisays site (quite by accident). I feel like I have been blessed. Up until now I was low carbing it and eating tons of veggies and meat not realizing the damage I was doing to my body.

I've only been on Wai's diet for about 5 days now, but my constipation has COMPLETELY disappeared. It is the firt time in my life that I'm totally regular. It's amazing. And the diet is very easy to follow and quite yummy. I love all the fruit and egg yolks. I think I will be using ceviche made with fresh anchovies as my raw fish intake about once every week or every two weeks. Here in Italy the anchovies are very fresh, much fresher and healthier than the factory farmed salmon, so I prefer to eat them.

Look forward to hearing more about your experiences.

Ciao,

Dawn
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Good to hear. :)
Like you already noticed, it's a good idea to avoid the cream. The ceviche should be fine.
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

I'm really jealous you live in Italy. :x
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

RRM wrote:
Cairidh wrote:Oranges are factory farmed?
Don't tell me I have to boycott THEM now.
???
Why would you have to boycot oranges?
because factory farming is cruel :roll:
rischott

Post by rischott »

cruelty to oranges..........
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

About the ceviche, I found an article about the lemon juice and lime juice "cooking" the fish, and that chemically the same thing happens...let me see if I can find it...Ah, here it is - http://www.fiery-foods.com/dave/ceviche.asp

So, does anyone know if ceviche is "dirty protein" or does the body process it differently? Has anyone tested this? I hope it's not, because I love ceviche!

Dawnroma ~ do you fillet the anchovies for ceviche...? :D Also, would you mind posting your basic daily diet for me? I have constipation as well, and haven't been able to get rid of it even with the diet. Maybe I'm doing something different that needs to be changed. Thank you!

~Amber
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Lemon/lime juice pre-digests the fish a bit. I'm not exactly sure in what way though, but it doesn't make it 'dirty' protein.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

'Dirty' protein originates when new, unnatural compounds are formed (due to the influence of heat).
Using lemon, some enzymatic predigestion takes places, which means that some of the protein gets decomposed in peptides and single amino acids. This does not originate any 'dirty' protein; some of the split protein will re-combine, but no unnatural compounds will originate.