What about "Newly pressed juice"?

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
andyville
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

What about "Newly pressed juice"?

Post by andyville »

Hey,

When I was in the store the other day, I realized they had started selling juices from a brand new manufacturer concentrating on "newly pressed juices". What this means is that they buy fruits from all over the world, depending on the season, and they press the juices themselves (here in Sweden), thus bringing the pressing stage as close to the consumer as possible. They press the juice five times a week, and ship it off to stores around Sweden the same day with absolutely nothing added.

Obviously I had to try this, because one liter of orange juice is only about $3 - when I have to make the orange juice myself, not only do I have to carry the oranges to my apartment, but I also have to pay about 2-3 times as much to make one liter!

It turned out that the juice tasted delicious (just like the one I make myself) and I would love to start buying these commercially available, "newly pressed" juices, BUT - what about the pressing process used when producing these juices? They put the oranges in one giant press, and try to get as much juice out of them as possible - thus, I guess there's no way to prevent toxins contained in the skin of the oranges, to end up in the juice? Therefore I guess taking care of the juicing yourself is the only option after all? Oh well...
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think you've analyzed it quite well. Oranges can be treated with for instance orthophenylphenol, biphenyl, or thiabendazol, which are preservatives and fungicides. Not to mention pesticides. I'm not even sure how much of these chemicals will actually end up in the fruit itself, let alone when they press it under a giant press... :?
Unless the oranges are organic and no pesticides and preservatives are used.