Finding a good juice centrifuge

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
andyville
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Finding a good juice centrifuge

Post by andyville »

I'm very happy with my electrical citrus juicer, but would like to be able to juice more fruits, such as apples, mangos, melons and so on. I have been looking for a good juice centrifuge lately, and come to the conclusion that the Phlips HR 1861 seems to be the most promising one. Has anybody tried this machine or any other model? Please share your experiences!
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

I have the Jack La Lanne Power Juicer, which I like because you don't have to chop things up - it takes whole apples/carrots etc.
I've never used another centrifugal so I don't know how the juice itself compares.

I bought it for £50 off ebay. I think that was half price.
huntress

Post by huntress »

Oh that Jack La Lanne power juice is sure is a fine juicer!
andyville

Post by andyville »

Just a quick update:

I bought my Philips HR 1861 about a week ago, and have been using it ever since, and WOW! I juice pretty much any vegetable or fruit with it, in virtually no time. And it's a really solid piece of technology too, as far as I can tell (the aluminium cover gives it a very nice finish - not so cheap looking as a lot of other juicers I've seen on the market). The only negative reviews I've read about it (and I've read quite a few reviews) have dealt with the fact that it has about five different pieces, which have to be washed independently. However, I've found that the process of doing this is really quick.

I'm definitely not trying to push this product or anything, but I'd recommend it to anyone who's tired of drinking orange juice all day. The reason why I wanted to get off the orange juice was that it wasn't good for my teeth or gums. Now I mostly drink water melon juice, which is absolutely delicious. Once the melon is prepared and sliced up, it takes me about 5-10 seconds to have one liter of juice, with absolutely no pulp in it. Yay! :D

If anyone is interested, here's a picture:

Wintran

Post by Wintran »

Hey andy,

Sounds cool! How much does it cost?
Hannes
andyville

Post by andyville »

Wintran:

It's quite expensive compared to an ordinary citrus press - I paid approximately $200 for it.
Wintran

Post by Wintran »

Ah, I see. Well, I'm sure it's worth it in the long run if it's good, and anything that eases the juice pressing proccess is worth putting money on when on Wai's diet. :)
Hannes
andyville

Post by andyville »

Wintran:

Sorry, I didn't see that you're from Sweden :)

I paid 1498 SEK for the machine (if I remember correctly), from Power (the home electronics store). I believe there are a number of other chains that are supposed to carry it, but they seemed to be out of stock at the time of my purchase. In case you're going to Stockholm in the near future, Power at Storängsbotten have a couple of units.

And I totally agree - anything that makes the juicing process more managable, is definitely useful on the Wai diet. I love this machine (and I think it loves me back - I push the right buttons all the time).
Wintran

Post by Wintran »

andyville wrote:Wintran:

Sorry, I didn't see that you're from Sweden :)
Haha, don't worry, it's good that other people can read the price as well. ;)
andyville wrote:I paid 1498 SEK for the machine (if I remember correctly), from Power (the home electronics store). I believe there are a number of other chains that are supposed to carry it, but they seemed to be out of stock at the time of my purchase. In case you're going to Stockholm in the near future, Power at Storängsbotten have a couple of units.
Thanks for the info, I'll keep that in mind!

I think I really do need to start pressing my own juice as those lightly pasteurized or store-bought juices haven't been working for me in the long run (Brämhults and Tropicana have almost started tasting bad, or somewhat bitter, maybe because they're made from unripe oranges, which messes up my stomach as well). And it would be really nice to try this diet 100% sometime...
Hannes
andyville

Post by andyville »

I made another thread somewhere about Brämhults juice, or "newly pressed juice" as they call it themselves. I relied exclusively on this juice for a while, but then I called them up, concerned about the method of pressing the oranges. It turned out that they somehow put needles into the oranges to get the juice out, and there was no way they could make sure that toxins from the peels would not end up in the final product. This, in addition to the fact that orange juice is a bit harsh on my teeth, has helped me realize two things: 1. I press all the juice I drink myself; 2. I try to consume sweet fruits instead of acid fruits.
michael

Post by michael »

When I lived in Sweden, I used to buy Bramhults for my orange juice needs instead of juicing it myself, but I soon realised that there is no substitute for the real thing.

The oranges they're made of certainly aren't ripe and the acidity will hurt your teeth in the long run. My stomach also felt a lot better after drinking real orange juice instead of buying it off the shelves.
fictor

Post by fictor »

Besides, Brämhults juice is heated. So, not really 'fresh'
or 'raw'.