fruit combinations

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
Corinne
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

fruit combinations

Post by Corinne »

Wai talks about fruit combinations: I couldn't reference it again just now so forgive me if I'm omitting something here.
She says mandarines and papayas should be eaten alone.
Why mandarines and not other citrus fruits like oranges or grapefruits? Or is it also preferable to eat these separatly as well?
What is it that these fruits have in them that cannot combine with other fruit?... :confused:
Thanks!
"You cannot do something you don't know IF you keep on doing what you know"
F.M. Alexander
RRM
Administrator

Re: fruit combinations

Post by RRM »

Its hard to tell what it is, but every fruit has a specific ingredients-makeup, and somehow, some just dont combine so well.
Most of us wount notice, initially, but after a while of having been strict about this diet, you will feel the difference between perfect and less perfect fruit-combining.
Maybe in time we will find a scientific explanation, as to which ingredients are involved.
corinne:
Why mandarines and not other citrus fruits like oranges or grapefruits? Or is it also preferable to eat these separatly as well?
The nutrients-makeup of mandarins is very different from oranges. Mandarins are relatively high in beta-carotene; containing about 10-fold more carotenes than oranges, while oranges are 5-fold higher in B6, B8 and B9 than mandarins.
Oranges can be combined with other fruits very well.

Grapefruits are not as easy to combine as oranges, but not that hard to combine either. (probably due to a specific anti-nutrient, shown by its specific bitter-like taste).

From the book:
Some good fruit-combi's for in fruitshakes:

- 3 bananas-half a cup orange juice

- 2 bananas-half a cup orange juice-1 apple (or pear!)

- banana-muskmelon / honeydew-banana

- banana-peach-half a cup orange juice

- banana-apricot-half a cup of grapefruit or orange juice

- banana-(straw)berries-some orange juice or lime juice

- banana-(rasp)berries-some grapefruit juice

- 3 bananas-¼ cup apple juice-5 oz. blueberries

- mango-peach-banana-coconut milk

- mango-banana-pineapple-coconut milk

- mango-peach-some grapefruit juice

- apricot-pineapple-strawberry

- pear-strawberry

- apricot-pineapple-1 banana

- orange-grapefruit-pineapple

- cucumber- tomato-olive oil-chives, and fresh raw egg yolk -added after blending
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

Thanks RRM!
It all makes sense. The longer one eats this way the more sensitive the body becomes, the more precise one feels like getting about combinations...

In the mean time I was able to access the web page with the fruit combinations. The combinations you just mentioned are slightly different and more detailed. I'll be trying these out!

The page I'm refering to is in "diet suggestions" and then click on "fruit combinations". There I saw now (I don't remeber it being there before?)that mandarins can combine with oranges, mangos, apricot and more. :confused:

Do I still have the right page? Is there another one somewhere on the site that I can't find?
"You cannot do something you don't know IF you keep on doing what you know"
F.M. Alexander
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

corinne
The page I'm refering to is in "diet suggestions" and then click on "fruit combinations". There I saw now (I don't remeber it being there before?)that mandarins can combine with oranges, mangos, apricot and more. :confused:
This page has been there a long time, though it might be that with transferring the pages to our new host this has automatically updated the page if we previously had forgotten to do so...
Do I still have the right page? Is there another one somewhere on the site that I can't find?
Yes, its the right page, but maybe you are referring to the book?
Its also mentioned there.