pomegranate time

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
candela
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

pomegranate time

Post by candela »

you can probably guess that i'm craving different tastes huh.
i ate half a pomegranate but i spit out all the seeds...is that going to hurt me?

so what do i think about this diet...(of course this might not be the right place to post things, but lately i'm so antirules)

basically just now its starting to work, for the past months, unless i do something silly like eat mushrooms or accidentally take too many salmons. actually i weighed them on a little plastic home scale. which probably aren't very reliant anyhow.

it's sad, because i loved the salmons. i started eating them after you guys told me to, when i was feeling really sick a lot. and they tasted so good that i would eat them first in the morning, my body would wake me around 6 or so internally saying rise up and eat the salmon in the refridgerator nonot freezer. yes i drove the 2 hour trip twice a week to the guy i always asked to preslice strips for me in the city. and i would unwrap it from the paper bag inside of which there was white wrapping paper wounded around a clear plastic bag, knotted. the fish inside with wax or whathaveyou paper. with my fingers every morning i separated the skin from the fish, slitting it off in a slitherstrip. yes i ate it because since all the juice now, i need all the chewing i can get. beauty is such a ridiculous hobby to have. actually, i like the toughness of the skin and how it tastes.

on a paper plate i carried this salmon from the kitchen into my bedroom, where my husband lay naked, snoring, to lay next to him and see the pale light start in through the slits of the vertical blinds, to bellow inside the train when it passed and shook all the walls and us and everything inside them. under the covers i lay on my back on the pillow and over my head dangled a long (weighed) 2 oz strip of salmon and wrapped my lips around it until the first fattest tendon sucked itself off and slid down my throat to my stomach- you needen't chew, and it was so clean and fresh the fish. until it was gone and i was full enough so i washed my hands and lay in bed to sleep another hour or two.

i was in such a good mood these days. myy students were enthralled by my sashimi breakfast. though i didn't tell them everything of course. but a little more than a month later i broke out slightly and never figured out whether it was the salmon or chanel makeup that did it.

i tend to be afraided by food and to drop it cold for a while. for instance, not until this week did i go back to mexican avocados. and i miss the salmon.

mostly, i drink juice 4 eggs and 1 fruit a day. if i eat 2 fruits i get mad at myself because of my body dysmorphic. this week i have eaten avocado halves a day. watermelons are not in stores anymore for my juicing (juicing, yes, the key) so i use honeydews today and the bottle was grassgreen inside. today i ate 2 fruits and a half with no avocado. i put 7 tblspoons in 1.5 liters and wish i could make myself use less without being afraid of breaking out. i am sure also that i would be able to focus better if i could with less oil (i am afraid of sugar).

what do i tell a doctor so that this condition, of not being able to go for too long without sugar and oil, can be documented? i need to take a test under special circumstances (i.e. i need to bring my juice with me or i won't be able to focus at all) and the only thing needed is a doctors note.

i wish i could tell much more about everything, about my tradgedic comedy...but maybe i shall go think about it for awhile.

peace out you flock of swanns...
RRM
Administrator

Re: pomegranate time

Post by RRM »

You have a story telling talent Candela...
Maybe you want to write a book some day?
candela wrote:i ate half a pomegranate but i spit out all the seeds...is that going to hurt me?
No... why would it?
Just be sure to remove all the remainders of the peel from the flesh, as the peel is very high in tannic acid.
basically just now its starting to work, for the past months, unless i do something silly like eat mushrooms or accidentally take too many salmons. actually i weighed them on a little plastic home scale. which probably aren't very reliant anyhow.
I also always weigh my salmon; my skin does not tolerate more than 133 gram daily at the moment. I have a small digital scale; its very accurate.
it's sad, because i loved the salmons.
Me too, but the funny thing is that once the months and years on this diet have gone by, you will have experienced that your body actually doesnt want that much salmon anyway. When I listen carefull to my body regarding satisfaction, its always about the level that my skin tolerates.
Often Im already satisfied at about 120 grams.

... over my head dangled a long (weighed) 2 oz strip of salmon and wrapped my lips around it until the first fattest tendon sucked itself off ...
Yes... Isnt that heavenly?
i tend to be afraided by food and to drop it cold for a while. for instance, not until this week did i go back to mexican avocados.
Why were you afraid of eating avocadoes?

if i eat 2 fruits i get mad at myself because of my body dysmorphic.
What do you mean?
BTW, what kind of juicer do you use?
what do i tell a doctor so that this condition, of not being able to go for too long without sugar and oil, can be documented?
Its not a condition.
Its a 'habit'. 'Normal' people eat so much in one meal that the stored energy lasts for hours...
So, it would take to show a Dr that you need this diet to keep your skin clear. And thats quite a task.
i wish i could tell much more about everything, about my tradgedic comedy...but maybe i shall go think about it for awhile.
You can tell us everything. And, if you want, we can even delete the thread once you are done with it.
Peace to you too, sweetie.
candela

Post by candela »

And, if you want, we can even delete the thread once you are done with it.
that might not be so bad :)

but anyhow, i don't know if i said this--i haven't gone back to salmon yet since i broke out that time. obviously i'm not experimenting much because i hate the repricussions. i think i could do with less oil, for instance. last night i may or may not have swallowed a little slither of gum (i spit out the juice) and started to worry then calmed myself down.

the thing about me being on this diet is that i have a very intense personality. i am not quite manic depressive but some weeks the joy is grit so tightly in my teeth and my heart is light like a helium bubble, the colors, the imensity of spacial dimensions, my love of people. the following week i can have episodes within amazing days where i cannot move because i'm so paralyzed by depression. i was talking to a counselor who chose to no longer see me back in september because i wouldn't take an antidepressant again and because she didn't understand the diet. she viewed food as being a more acceptable coping strategy than lethargy.

when i was on salmon, my mood and, i realized, my skin, had taken a turn for the better. everything was wonderful. of course i didn't make the association then, but after i stopped eating salmon the depression and dementia returned. when walking around and smelled the fried chickens in the campus air the burger patties flipping, dripping greasily on the grill lines smoke lines rising in the sky and beautifuls in line to eat it i felt missing out, STARVING for food which i never even really ate before the diet. emotionally i grew panicked if i was closed in with a shut door, and my people skills (outside of teaching) were awful. i couldn't like anyone when before i loved everyone.

at some point my depression was so consistent that i really thought i should take something to at least *function* properly. then, all i did was add 2 more eggs to my diet. you would not believe the change since then!! the consistency in my temper has been remarkable, and the *real* hole in my chest (because with depression you can feel it, it's a hole scooped out your middle and throbbing as any other real wound) VANISHED immediately after taking the extra eggs. my cravings for other food dissappeared (although the smell of food is still pleasant for me. actually, i am an aspiring gourmet. i love to make food for my husband and to watch him enjoy it. is that sick?)

someday i will enjoy salmon again but for now it scared me away. i was scared of mexican avocadoes because i read that they could possibly be heat treated, and because at the time i stopped eating them i was still breaking out. i felt like i had to cut out all the possible culprits.

as far as my "body dysmorphic", i'll never be happy with my body unless all i see is bones. it's how i am. right now my weight has stabilized around 100 lbs (i'm only 5'2) but i still want to lose weight because what i see is probably badly skewed from what is really there. if i let myself eat 2 fruits during the day and break and eat an avocado (this week i ate an avocado every other day) i feel like i can *see* myself get bigger. so next week i won't let myself eat any whole fruits for two weeks and alternate subconsciously. it's a pattern i've noticed, not unlike an eating disorder?
BTW, what kind of juicer do you use?

i'm very happy with my black champion juicer :) i'm unhappy at the lack of watermelon for juice!! and i was scared by unripened citrus so i haven't tried orange juice since i got sick.

i feel that on the whole i'm beginning the "becoming" process that was stagnated for a year before the diet. there are many philosophical lessons we can learn in the metaphors created by eating this way, but i haven't stopped to think about what they are.

ciao!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

candela wrote:(although the smell of food is still pleasant for me. actually, i am an aspiring gourmet. i love to make food for my husband and to watch him enjoy it. is that sick?)
I also like the smell of food, without having the urge to actually go and eat it. My mom, who is also on the diet, cooks everyday for my dad and my grandma. She of course doesn't eat anything of it, and my dad does the tasting. Her hobby is cooking, so she doesn't see any reason to stop doing that. :)
avo

Post by avo »

Whenever a friend is eating something that looks good, I ask "What is it? Can I smell it?" They would ask if I want some, but say "No, I just wanted to smell it." How weird is that? lol
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Weird, but very understandable. ;)
candela

Post by candela »

so what do i do if my melons aren't ripe for juice? what fruits *are* ripe this time of year...i don't want to stop juicing because i hate the taste of olive oil on its own. it makes this diet hell.

~frustrated~
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

avo wrote:Whenever a friend is eating something that looks good, I ask "What is it? Can I smell it?" They would ask if I want some, but say "No, I just wanted to smell it." How weird is that? lol
I have the same.
And as I always bring around the food in the restaurant where I work, I always like to smell the food, but dont want to eat it.
Maybe its like liking to watch things / people / stuff, but not feeling the need to interact / touch.
candela wrote:so what do i do if my melons aren't ripe for juice? what fruits *are* ripe this time of year...
We now live in luxury; there are always ripe fruits all year around, because we get fruits from all over the world.
all i did was add 2 more eggs to my diet. you would not believe the change since then!!
So, just make sure to eat plenty off egg yolks daily.
what is ripe?
That what tastes good / sweet. The better it tastes, the better it is.
there are many philosophical lessons we can learn in the metaphors created by eating this way, but i haven't stopped to think about what they are.
Can you please tell us more?
Marty

Fruits

Post by Marty »

In the U.S. there are nearly ripe fruits year round, to be sure; however, anything grown outside the U.S. is irradiated. And often it comes an extreme distance (Chile, etc.)-- meaning it has a strange quality to its ripeness-- sometimes hard; sometimes gas-ripened; not even. I buy produce mostly from the USA, and very close to wherever I a living, to experience these tastes and allow the body's senses to become reorchestrated.
Last edited by Marty on Sun 21 Jan 2007 01:42, edited 1 time in total.
candela

Post by candela »

hey RRM--

i'm still working out that philosophical stuff...i have a question though.

me and my husband were walking after i took eggs when he pulled me across the street really fast (almost running), it was only a few seconds. am i going to get a pimple?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

:D
probably not!
Its too short to interfere with your digestion.