OJ and headache

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
razza
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

OJ and headache

Post by razza »

than I am now, but I'm not doing it right. Right now I drink 1/2 L over the course of the day, with lots of whole fruits + oil. This is very inconvenient, of course.

Problem is whenever I drink OJ for an extended amount of time, I end up with a headache. I make sure to drink really small sips, and drink when I feel low, but the headache stays and I just feel yucky. Eating whole fruit makes me feel better.

So my sugar is low right? I haven't been adding any sugar to my juice--was afraid of white sugar but I'm willing to try it now. Can anyone give me a ball park idea of how much sugar to add to a L of juice? A tablespoon, a teaspoon? I know I have to fine tune it, but knowing where to start would be very helpful.

Currently I add 1 Tbsp. oil for every cup of juice, so that's about 4 Tbsp. oil per L of juice.
Seth

Post by Seth »

I have been drinking 64 ounces of OJ every day for the last 3 weeks. I have not experienced any headaches, however. I add 5-6 teaspoons of sugar coupled with 5 tablespoons of olive oil per 16 ounces. It is a bit odd I haven't experience any problems since it ends up being 2400 calories of fat against 1300-1400 of carbohydrates. The fat never upsets my stomach, so I would think it is nothing harmful.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I drink 1 liter per day, with oil (not sure how much, I just pour it into the bottle...maybe 4 tbsp?) and 7-8 tsp of sugar.

I'm not sure why you would get a headache. :?
avo

Post by avo »

I get headaches if I don't eat/drink enough. Something about inadequete glucose to the brain.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

razza wrote:Can anyone give me a ball park idea of how much sugar to add to a L of juice? A tablespoon, a teaspoon? I know I have to fine tune it, but knowing where to start would be very helpful.
A tablespoon is a good starter, but you could also add more.
Currently I add 1 Tbsp. oil for every cup of juice, so that's about 4 Tbsp. oil per L of juice.
Thats quite a lot! but if you are having no problem with that, its not a problem at all.
Seth wrote: It is a bit odd I haven't experience any problems since it ends up being 2400 calories of fat against 1300-1400 of carbohydrates. The fat never upsets my stomach, so I would think it is nothing harmful.
Its not odd. for most people consuming much fat is not a problem at all.
Some people, however (these are the exceptions) cannot properly digest much fat, generally due to having consumed very little fat over an extended period of time.
avo wrote:I get headaches if I don't eat/drink enough. Something about inadequete glucose to the brain.
Probably, indeed.
Though some people react adversely to the higher level of amines in juice, which can give them headaches. But most likely its a lack of glucose, indeed.