Acne & Mixing OJ, sugar and oil within the same containe

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
Seth
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Acne & Mixing OJ, sugar and oil within the same containe

Post by Seth »

I have been making it in 16 ounce bottles adding 10 tablespoons of sugar and 5-6 tablespoons of cold pressed olive oil to each bottle. The only thing I actually eat each day is fresh albacore tuna (100 grams, weighed on a digital scale.).
That has got to be way too much sugar!
Try decreasing the sugar for each bottle of juice.

Do you feel sugar lows or downs at all?
I use to add like 3-4 tablespoons of sugar and I would get some serious sugar lows, because of adding too much sugar.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

There are 2 possible reasons, I think: 1) you take a bit longer to get rid of all acne (this is not uncommon, some people take a whole year to get rid of everything) and 2) your fish intake is still too high for you (even though 100gr isn't that much, your sensitivity might make that too high).

Are you sure your numbers are correct? I did some math and it seems you're making 4 bottles of OJ, meaning 40 tbsp of sugar and 22 tbsp of oo in total. With the tuna this amounts to almost 6000kcal per day!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

If you are very susceptible to acne, it may be that you cannot cope with previously frozen fish either, and I know that tuna often is. Is there any fresh raw salmon available over there? And if not, can you experiment with taking in 100 gram egg yolks for a while?
And... indeed for some people it takes much longer...
But I think the egg yolks are worth the experiment. It certainly did when I wasnt sure about the tuna I bought back then.
Seth

Re: Acne & Mixing OJ, sugar and oil within the same cont

Post by Seth »

No, I don't feel lows at all. Perhaps this is because the fat seems to equalize it since it slows down the breakdown of the carbohydrates.
Seth

Post by Seth »

Oscar wrote:There are 2 possible reasons, I think: 1) you take a bit longer to get rid of all acne (this is not uncommon, some people take a whole year to get rid of everything) and 2) your fish intake is still too high for you (even though 100gr isn't that much, your sensitivity might make that too high).

Are you sure your numbers are correct? I did some math and it seems you're making 4 bottles of OJ, meaning 40 tbsp of sugar and 22 tbsp of oo in total. With the tuna this amounts to almost 6000kcal per day!
I botched one thing: those should be 10 teaspoons not tablespoons, sorry.
I calculated it out to roughly 4000kcal per day (400 grams of sugars and 280 grams of fat). I am amazed because I have been ingesting at least 4000kcal per day and my weight has remained at 168 lbs. I weight train once a week, and despite losing weight (from 178 lbs at 6'0"), I didn't lose any strength, which I would have expected. I suppose I still have a fast metabolism.

Does the fact that it takes longer to clear mean that it is normal to still be developing cysts-pimples even at this stage?

The fish in fresh, unfrozen tuna. They get receive it 6 out of 7 days a week. Much of the other fish has been frozen. They sometimes have fresh halibut.
Seth

Post by Seth »

RRM wrote:If you are very susceptible to acne, it may be that you cannot cope with previously frozen fish either, and I know that tuna often is. Is there any fresh raw salmon available over there? And if not, can you experiment with taking in 100 gram egg yolks for a while?
And... indeed for some people it takes much longer...
But I think the egg yolks are worth the experiment. It certainly did when I wasnt sure about the tuna I bought back then.
I am willing to try to yolks, despite my strong preference for fish over them. The sac draining really got to be a pain. (If I could just pop them down with out draining without causing any problems, I would be more inclined to eating them.)

I can only say that the gentleman who runs the local market guaranteed the albacore to be fresh, not frozen. Do you think it is possible that the 100 grams is still a bit too much? My concern is that I end up not taking enough protein and losing mass as a result.

Thank you for all the help and feedback!

Seth
nick

Post by nick »

Seth wrote: Does the fact that it takes longer to clear mean that it is normal to still be developing cysts-pimples even at this stage?
Yes.
It took me 4.5-5 months to finally clear up.
Totally taught me the virtue of patience.
The fish in fresh, unfrozen tuna. They get receive it 6 out of 7 days a week. Much of the other fish has been frozen. They sometimes have fresh halibut.
That is awesome.
The fishmarket that was closest to me just closed down after 99 years.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Seth wrote:
I am willing to try to yolks, despite my strong preference for fish over them. The sac draining really got to be a pain. (If I could just pop them down with out draining without causing any problems, I would be more inclined to eating them.)

Hi Seth. You may know already that I pop the yolks, sack and all, all the time. You may be able to do so with no acne side effects and the only way you'll know is to try. I know Wai mentioned, not quoting, that the sack may cause one to stop eating eggs over the long run, but I haven't found this to be so... yet :)

I shoot it in a shot glass, or plop the yolks in salads or on food, and then break the sack. I actually enjoy having the yolk burst in my mouth.

Best wishes,

Avalon :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Seth wrote:Do you think it is possible that the 100 grams is still a bit too much? My concern is that I end up not taking enough protein and losing mass as a result.
Yes, I understand; lower intakes indeed readily lead to a decrease in muscle mass and I also dont think that the 100 gram can be too much, so the only way to make sure about possibly frozen fish is by trying the egg yolks.
Taking only yolks is just for a 2 weeks trial period; then you know whether there is a difference, or that you need to be as patient as Nick had to be.
Seth

Post by Seth »

RRM wrote:
Seth wrote:Do you think it is possible that the 100 grams is still a bit too much? My concern is that I end up not taking enough protein and losing mass as a result.
Yes, I understand; lower intakes indeed readily lead to a decrease in muscle mass and I also dont think that the 100 gram can be too much, so the only way to make sure about possibly frozen fish is by trying the egg yolks.
Taking only yolks is just for a 2 weeks trial period; then you know whether there is a difference, or that you need to be as patient as Nick had to be.
So eating the yolks with the sac is okay? Since I haven't eaten yolks for two months, is it advisable that I don't start off with five or has the fish tempered my system? I am also wondering at how the 100 gram number was arrived for men.

Seth
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Seth wrote:So eating the yolks with the sac is okay?
Yes, but you may develop a adversity against eating yolks purely because of the sacs. If you dont eat the sacs, the opposite is more likely; you will increasingly appreciate the taste, texture and effects of the yolks.
Since I haven't eaten yolks for two months, is it advisable that I don't start off with five or has the fish tempered my system?
As you have been eating raw fish, you can safely eat 5 to 7 yolks.
I am also wondering at how the 100 gram number was arrived for men.
Experience. With time it appeared that even men who were extremely susceptible to acne (including me), all very well tolerated 100 gram raw fish/raw egg yolks. How much we tolerate on top of that is however individually very different.