OJ do I have to?

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
phantomwandererV
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

OJ do I have to?

Post by phantomwandererV »

Hi, I'm brand new to the forums and really thinking about going 2/3's of the way on Wai's diet. I can't really do the diet totally because well, I'm 18 and living under my parents roof and my mom wouldn't understand why I don't want her dinner. :oops:

So I'm going to Wai style breakfast and lunch and then try and eat as little cooked food for dinner.

Anyway, my Q: why do you have to juice oranges? Is there something else like olive or sugar mixed in water that I could do? If I eat a lot of oranges will I get some similiar "response" from ripe oranges?
The thing is I can't juice, (under parents roof, waste of oranges etc.)
I hate the idea of juicing 20 oranges for one days juice or whatever.

Is it neccessary for me to drink fresh juice to be on Wai's diet?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hello, welcome on the forum. :)

There is no need to juice oranges per se. Consuming fruits whole or juiced doesn't make so much of a difference. A lot of people (me included) consume (orange) juice just because it's convenient, not because it's healthier than consuming whole fruits.

By the way, I only juice about 10-12 oranges per day. ;)
phantomwandererV

Post by phantomwandererV »

oh, alright. :D
rafaelo

Post by rafaelo »

how's your skin? if you're not susceptible to acne, and are not going for super optimal health, and don't want to eat tons of fruit everyday...then....eat rice to add calories. i'm gonna get killed for saying that!
nick

Post by nick »

rafaelo wrote:i'm gonna get killed for saying that!
No killing allowed!
Just consequences (good and bad) from your actions.
Choose wisely.
benzapp

Post by benzapp »

rafaelo wrote:how's your skin? if you're not susceptible to acne, and are not going for super optimal health, and don't want to eat tons of fruit everyday...then....eat rice to add calories. i'm gonna get killed for saying that!
If you need cheap calories, just get bananas. Rice is barely cheaper than banana in NYC.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Dear PhantomwandereV,

I like totally almost never juice. The impotant thing to remember are the Basics. Fruits, raw Fish and nuts in all their diversity. There are many. And, experiment.

Forgive me Oscar, this is just me, but when I read 10-12 oranges a day, I screamed that's A LOT! Maybe just for me, yes? :shock:

Best wishes, Avalon
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

avalon wrote:Forgive me Oscar, this is just me, but when I read 10-12 oranges a day, I screamed that's A LOT! Maybe just for me, yes? :shock:
Easier to drink than to eat... ;)
avalon

Post by avalon »

Talk about FIBER!!!!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

avalon wrote:Talk about FIBER!!!!
???
claude

Post by claude »

Oscar wrote:Hello, welcome on the forum. :)

There is no need to juice oranges per se. Consuming fruits whole or juiced doesn't make so much of a difference. A lot of people (me included) consume (orange) juice just because it's convenient, not because it's healthier than consuming whole fruits.

By the way, I only juice about 10-12 oranges per day. ;)
I though it was better to juice to avoid an exessive amount of fiber? So is it ok to just eat plenty fruits daily?
avalon

Post by avalon »

Good Morning!

To quote the Free acne Book- Wai:
The fact remains that you cannot possibly lack energy as long as you eat both sufficient fruits and foods containing fat.

Now, you may be ingesting too little energy anyway, because you simply don't eat enough. This may be caused by the lack of 'appetite enhancers' (opioid peptides and beta-carbolines) in this diet. So, your appetite will not be stimulated anymore, unlike before. That is why you may feel filled up by eating some fruits, without having ingested enough energy. So, if you are losing weight, and you don't want to, then you need to consume more easy to digest foods that don't easily fill you up, instead of whole fruits. Buy a juice extractor so that you don't need to ingest all that redundant fiber, but only the most valuable part; the juice. You can also make a lot of orange juice. It is also wise to add some sugar and oil to your juices, to your taste of course. Besides drinking a lot of juices, you also need to consume enough raw nuts, avocadoes and fresh raw animal food, since these are all very nutritional too.
Are you losing weight claude?

That a big question. Fiber is filling and that's good for me because I put weight on if i eat too much fruit.

Avalon :)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Avalon is right, fiber is filling. Also, the fiber in fruits will never be excessive, because fruits do not contain that much fiber.

For example:
Beans, kidney, all types, mature seeds, raw: 24.9% fiber
Apples, raw, with skin: 2.4%
Apples, raw, without skin: 1.3%
claude

Post by claude »

avalon wrote:Are you losing weight claude?
That a big question. Fiber is filling and that's good for me because I put weight on if i eat too much fruit.

Ive been doing the diet for only 5 days and i ve already lost weight so it could become a big problem in the future. The thing is, i ve always been on the thin side even when I was binge eating. I ll buy a juice extractor tomorow, tx for the quote.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Everyone loses weight in the beginning. The skin is letting go of the excessive water, and the body will start using the bodyfat because we're consuming enough fats. As long as you make sure you're getting enough energy, and if you're never hungry, you'll be fine. Things will stabilize after a while.