which juice-extractor to get? (not OJ)

About consuming fruits; fresh, dried or juiced.
jjah
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

which juice-extractor to get? (not OJ)

Post by jjah »

I have read so many reviews of all types of juicers and extractors. The breville 800jexl has the best ratings but I am unshure of it being ok on this diet. Does any one have an answer to this??? Very unclear if it is an extractor or not.
Breville 800jexl.jpg
The omega 8003 & 8005 are recomended by Dr. Mercola. He claims the becuase of the very low rpm (80) it doesnt heat the juice or distroyes any of the nutrients like a high rpm (blender, champion juicer, ect.) would. Does that mean it would be ok???
Omega-8003.jpg
I have also looked into the centrifugal juicers too but the reviews aren't that great as far as clean up and convienence, though the omega ones look pretty good as well as the Miracle Ultra-Matic Juice Extractor.

Can any one please tell me what they use. What does Wai use? I realy need some help with this. Don't know what to spend my money on. I am willing to pay for a good juicer and would rather pay more for quality than less for a cheap product.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BlueFrog

Re: which juicer/extractor to get?!!

Post by BlueFrog »

What types of fruits do you plan on juicing? If it's just for oranges and other citrus, you may want to consider a citrus juicer.
_ ________ _
BlueFrog
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I have the Omega 8003 and it works perfectly.
Of course I use it juice fruits, but I have also used it for leaves and veggies (before Wai's diet).
trust yourself
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

There a few things to consider:
1) whether the juicer is okay as a product (quality, cleaning etc)
2) whether its a masticating juicer or a juicer that centrifugates (both separating the pulp from the juice)
3) at what speed the cutting happens

It should never be a blender / mixer (cutting it all up at high speed),
as that leaves the pulp (fiber) in the juice,
and if its a centrifugal juicer, the cutting should happen at low speed.
The Breville uses high speed
1000-watt juicer with 2 speed controls, high (13,000 RPM) and low (6,500 RPM)
6,500 RPM is very fast, still.
The omega 8003 seems fine, if its really 80 RPM.
Low speed masticating is best.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I don't think the 8003 is a centrifugal, but it does separate the pulp from the juice.

The juice empties out of one shoot and the pulp out of the other.
trust yourself
summerwave

juicer

Post by summerwave »

I have a Korean model called a Twinstar 3000.
Its a slow 'muncher' compared to centrifugal juicers that whir at high speed-- it looks like a cow chewing cud. The intake area is slow-feeding, so it looks safe. They usually have two twin gears that are like long cylinders with screw threads. Then the masticated mass is forced through a collar at the end of the cylinders, and the volume of the mass forces the liquid portion through the tiny holes in the collar (which is pierced like a sieve). They are quiet and soothing.

You can consult a very clear chart of the main juicer types here:
http://www.harvestessentials.com/whatjuicisri.html

It seems too that something like a food processor (a Cuisinart type blending/cutting processor) would be the worst-case example of damage, right?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Exactly!
Maybe its a Green Star twin gear juicer? GS-3000?
Green Star 3000.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
balbazor

I recomend this juicer!!

Post by balbazor »

http://www.slowjuicer.com/

buy it from ebay.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

From another thread:
fred wrote: Is twingear juicers OK, like the greenstar ?
Masticating (to reduce to a pulp by crushing or kneading, as rubber) juicers are perfect.
Also slow juicers, centrifugal, are ok.
Not okay are blenders (cutting up everything).

I think the Greenstar twingear juicer operates at moderate speed (110 RPM), so its ok.
The best juicers are the low speed masticating ones.

80 RPM is low speed
110 RPM is moderate
over 140 RPM is high speed
fictor

Post by fictor »

I recently bought a new juicer! It is originally intended for whaetgrass (I don not drink wheatgrass juice any more. After starting the Wai diet, it makes me nauseous and feeling really ill for 1-2 hours after I drink it), but it works great for all kind of fruits and vegetables as well!

I use it to make apple-cucumber juice (yummy after workouts or if the weather is hot) and tomato-carrot juice/cold soup (gives a nice tan if you combine it with a little gentele sunbathing).

I love this juicer, because it is much smaller and easier to clean than any of all the other juicers I have!

This is the one: http://www.ukjuicers.com/z-star-juicer? ... 3godkzc6xQ
Z star juicer.jpg
Just wanted to share this with you guys :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I recently bough a masticating juicer, the "Hurom Slow Juicer",
which is sold in the Netherlands under the name "Versapers".
Versapers.jpg
Oh man.... :shock:
Mango juice... :roll:
Seedless grapes-juice...
Muskmelon with banana-juice...
they are all soooooooooooooooooooooooo good!!! 8)
Pontoonrider

Post by Pontoonrider »

Hey RRM
You have the Hurom Slow juicer don't you?
I just used mine for the second day and decided to try and send the pulp extraction through the juicer a second time cos it looked a little moist. I guess I thought there was still juice in there.
Bad idea? maybee
It seemed to clog the pulp extractor where the yellow rubber flap is , so lots of pulp remained inside the strainer wheel and some was ground up into froth and chucked into the juice container. Tasty nonetheless, but what a mess to clean up in the juicer!
Have you ever done this? Did you have better results? :?:
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, the more often you send it through, the more juice,
but also more small fiber particles.
Particularly if you juice pineapple or mango, the juicer may get clogged, due to the very long strains of fiber in those fruits.
Whenever it clogs, I just remove those strains and continue juicing...

Its not hard to clean, i think; it just needs some rinsing off.
RRM
Administrator

Re: which juice-extractor to get? (not OJ)

Post by RRM »

split off from another thread
abicahsoul wrote:I want to get a good juicer but I have a dilemma, the Philips one that is recommended everywhere deals with whole fruits, you put in the apples etc with skin and seed, and out comes the filtered juice.
I would recommend a masticating juicer (slow juicer) for fruits such as apples, pears, mangoes and bananas.
But, of course, you have to peel them first, and remove any seeds / stones.
since I will be doing a lot of oranges it will be a problem, it seems the stupid thing doesn't have a citrus press to it..
...to peel dozens of oranges to juice is just not practical.
For this you need a dedicated citrus juicer. You can start off with a very simple plastic hand juicer (i did so for 10 years or so).
Later on you can buy a more sophisticated (and expensive) version.
This works much faster.
What I wonder is what you people prefer from longstanding experience.
2 juicers: one for the oranges, and one for other fruits.
I saw something about steel straws, anybody found something satisfactory?
Each day i use a new straw.
panacea

Re: which juice-extractor to get? (not OJ)

Post by panacea »

http://www.amazon.com/Endurance-Stainle ... B000AUIN18

9.95 for 4 steel straws..
Steel straws.jpg
Maybe expensive, idk how much plastic straws cost, but hey, it sure beats filling up that trash can. Eventually the only thing I'm going to need a trash can for is egg cartons :)

By the way, if you haven't done so yet, anyone can get 30$ for free from Amazon.com, and free 2-day shipping. At least for the United States, it worked for me. What you do is, sign up for amazon prime. Immediately go to 'your account', and disable the automatic upgrade after one month. This lets you get free 2-day shipping on any order that says 'Prime' on it (those straws qualify). Then you sign up for Amazon rewards credit card, and they credit you for 30$. It will still appear on the cards balance until they credit it back. You'll then recieve the credit card and info in the mail about 2-3 weeks later. Upon this time, log into the Chase thing, if you didn't spend more than 30$ you should be good to go. If you spent more or a little more, pay it off (the 30$ should be deducted by now) and log out, cut up the card, and throw it away.

30$ free on amazon, with free 2-day shipping for one month. Ta Da!

By the way, if you don't take the time to do this right, you will get screwed. You are warned.