Newbie seeking your Help!

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
Karen
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Newbie seeking your Help!

Post by Karen »

RRM this message is to be more precise so that you can better help me. I just came back from taking a 15 min walk to the Pali and going up their 4 cement steps I felt pain above my glut on the sciatic nerve side on the final step; then, landing on the floor my abductors hurt . So, walking around shopping I kinda limped for a bit until I feel better.
Then on the way home going down a hill my abductors hurt ,same leg , so I kinda limped going down the hill.
At night I have two issues that I'd like your thoughts on. The fist ..since my glut workout...sciatica nerve side of my body...if I walk a lot that day I just hurt trying to go to sleep.
The other issue is the restless leg syndrome which I've had off and on for approx. 3 years. Last night was the fist time I've had it in 5 months, though.
I hope that helps in your assessment RRM. Im doing everything I can... slow masticating juicing ,eating 100% Wai..the last time I had munch food which was French fries was last month after walking 2 hours.
Perhaps I should be taking in more pineapple juice for my inflammation, but not sure what do to for the restless leg feeling...maybe just ignore it likeI have been? :)
I hope you know how valued you are:)
dime

Post by dime »

Hi Karen, I think you should see a proper doctor for your problems, I'm not sure if diet alone could help you much for such issues.
Karen

Post by Karen »

Food is medicine Dime.You can totally and competely heal your body through diet alone. I find your comment surprising but I thank you for it. Karen
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Karen wrote:...excercises for your gluts- lye on the floor knuckles under chin,lift your leg using your gluts. Well, with 10po weights I did the exercise
That's heavy. Too heavy in the beginning particularly.
You can perfectly do that exercise without any weights at all, as your legs are already heavy enough.
Maybe once your tendons have accustomed to the burden (after a couple of months), you can add small weights.
So, for the last couple of months I've really been hurt
Probably a tendon injury.
This may take months to heal....
You need to do a lot of walking and a lot of stretching.
Never push the stretching; always be gentle.
Also when I walk my leg gets sore and I have to stretch, kick it of and then proceed. i walk for a couple hours a day every other day.
Ah, that's good.
I think it's just inflammation
Most likely its tiny ruptures in your tendons;
that's what usually happens if you take on a new exercise with too much vigor / weight.
It takes time.
I've been hired to teach a Booty Class complete with lunges, squats but I'm scared I'm going to hurt myself more?
Yes, i agree.
First you need to heal.
felt like I had to move it, stretch or do something with it because surges of electrical energy where bothering me ....hard to describe.
I know exactly what you mean.
You need to do a lot of stretching for that. But gentle stretches. Don't push it.
I've had this before, before I hurt,so I figured I'd ask you about it.
how much is too much?
The protein intake is perfect.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Karen wrote:going up their 4 cement steps I felt pain above my glut on the sciatic nerve side on the final step; then, landing on the floor my abductors hurt . So, walking around shopping I kinda limped for a bit until I feel better.
Then on the way home going down a hill my abductors hurt ,same leg , so I kinda limped going down the hill.
You obviously hurt yourself doing that glut exercise with the weights.
Its probably a tendon issue, which may take months to heal.
You need lots of walking and lots of gentle stretching.
the restless leg syndrome which I've had off and on for approx. 3 years.
Can you describe the symptoms that you have regarding this issue?
Im doing everything I can... slow masticating juicing ,eating 100% Wai..
I don't think that will have much effect on your glut injury.
The tendons will heal eventually, regardless of diet. I think that the healing of injuries is quite an autonomous process (if there is not a lack of nutrients, of course).
Karen wrote:Food is medicine Dime.You can totally and competely heal your body through diet alone.
I think that depends on what caused the injury. A broken bone is healed by the body, on virtually any diet (excluding a lack of nutrients, of course)
The same goes for other 'mechanical issues' such as tendon injuries.
No need to say that an optimal diet will support any healing process better than a bad diet,
but still the human body is extremely resilient. Even on a very bad diet it may take decades before the body cannot properly heal itself anymore.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Karen wrote:the restless leg syndrome which I've had off and on for approx. 3 years.
Perhaps this is a behavioural issue. Better solved with exercise than diet. Specifically exercise of the brain versus physical exercise.
I am assuming your leg is moving when you want your leg to be at rest.
If you can exercise/train your brain to move your leg as commanded like in ballet setting, you can solve the restless leg syndrome.
A tundra where will we be without trees? Thannnks!
Karen

Post by Karen »

Thank you for your input. My leg feels discomfort so I move it and for that moment in that movement I have freedom of the discomfort. My leg moving, therefore, is not an involuntary act as I think I have inflammation and that's affecting my muscles, tissue and nerves. I have to rid myself of the inflammation . When a bee stings you move.
When I was in the States I had learned that dark cherry juice had a positive affect on inflammation.
Although, I'm in Costa Rica and dark cherries are not easily accessible I believe my diet, the Wai diet, will cure me of such.
Thought, though, perhaps,in the meantime, maybe you or someone else had heard of some remedy that might help me expedite things along a bit quicker.
Thank you!
Karen
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Karen wrote: I think I have inflammation
That's something that can be measured.
So, I would follow Dime's advice and have your blood checked for inflammatory markers.
Karen

Post by Karen »

Thank you RRM..That's what it is, I've hurt tendons! Everything makes sense to me now! Before I invest in lab test, I'm going to take your advice -walk and stretch, stretch and walk . a lot!:)
Thanks, again!
Karen

Post by Karen »

RRM..do you know anything about migraines? I know a young girl ..19yrs old...who has been cursed for the last 3 years with a constant dull pain behind her eyes She has gone to doctors who have wanted to put her on anti inflammatory and anti depressant drugs but she has refused.
Thank you!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Im guessing there are many possible causes for migraine.
Of course I would advice to try 100% strict Wai diet for 2 weeks,
and see how that works out.
If that doesn't work, we can try something else.
Karen

Post by Karen »

Thank you RRM..I will pass the word along.
Karen
Karen

Post by Karen »

Hi RRM I've been reading over some old threads and I'm kinda confused about something ,so here goes...
Why is it okay to eat say a 1600 calorie munch food dinner after your glycogen stores are empty from an aerobic activity such as walking, but it's not alright ..for a optimal weight loss ... to participate in some anaerobic activity such as jogging? I know your body is not utilizing oxygen at the time of the anaerobic activity and as such is not metabolizing fat as your body needs oxygen to do so, but it's doing something, but I'm not quite clear as to what it is doing?
Also, I know the anaerobic activity has the potential of creating a larger deficient than the aerobic activity would; therefore,there's a greater potential for one to over eat. However, some aerobic exercises can be just as daunting as an anaerobic activity and after all- over eating is over eating regardless of how you got there?
I guess this question is prompted by the fact that I may be over eating (strained juice) . I take a liter of juice ...spiked with a 1/4 cup of sugar ...on a 3 hour walk and when I'm finished I suck down another liter of watermelon and mango juice? Although,my glycogen stores are empty at the time of my 2nd liter of juice am I alright for effective weight loss or should I refrain from inhaling that "return" liter and take more juice with me which would equate to better energy management?! Thank you for sharing your gift,RRM:)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

The biggest glycogen depots are the liver (400kcal) and the skeletal muscles (1200kcal). These numbers are averages.
When you're eating a big meal, the body first uses energy for processes, then replenishes blood sugar, then fills up the glycogen depots (up 'til 1600kcal if both depots are completely empty), and converts the rest into body fat.
The muscle glycogen can only be used by the muscles, so fasting while sitting on the couch will only deplete the liver glycogen.
"Burning" fat above the normal daily amount is possible with low-intensity exercises (aerobic activity). High-intensity exercises will use glycogen (anaerobic activity).

Assuming your glycogen depots are full at the start of your walk, I think they're still going to be full at the end of your walk. As such you might well be overeating (or overdrinking in this case).
Karen

Post by Karen »

Thank you Oscar- I'm confused as I learned that you walk to empty muscle glycogen stores...that's why you walk and also to be more aggressive with burning fat. Wai teaches you only eat munch food after walking because your body will replenish verses store new fat.Hence, I'm pretty sure I'm depleting my glycogen stores on my 3 hour walk!:)