Can I do yoga and the diet? vigorously? garlic?

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
anoushka
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Can I do yoga and the diet? vigorously? garlic?

Post by anoushka »

Hi everyone, want to start this diet soon, but I'm also going back to yoga soon so my question is:
1. Can I do yoga and the diet?
2. If so, do I have to do only gentle yoga or can I do the more vigorous yoga classes also?

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hello and welcome. :)

The answer to both questions is yes.
Energy management is an important part of the diet, so (aside from eating (often) enough) you'll have to make sure you'll always have enough energy during yoga. It might mean a lot of adjusting, so make sure to post your questions here if you have any.
anoushka

Post by anoushka »

thanks so much Oscar,
so about energy management, eating before (like a banana) and after yoga, would that be sufficient or what?
also I'm turning 17 in march, is this too young for wai's diet and will it effect my growth in anyway?
sorry but another question, why is garlic not allowed? Raw garlic is meant to be fantastic for your immune system etc?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

anoushka wrote:so about energy management, eating before (like a banana) and after yoga, would that be sufficient or what?
A banana might be sufficient if your spare energy depots (glycogen depots) have been filled priorly. Regarding sports, its not as much the energy in your stomach / blood that counts, but the energy stored in those glycogen depots. To fill them up, you need to constantly eat enough throughout the day; in fact more than enough, as extra energy needs to be stored (as glycogen).
So that when you lack energy during exercise, you havent been creating that spare energy first.
I'm turning 17 in march, is this too young for wai's diet and will it effect my growth in anyway?
Its perfectly ok, given that you do this diet properly, which means that your body needs to have sufficient energy available at all times. That is not so easy on this diet because it lacks appetite enhancers that easily make you overeat on a cooked foods diet. With this diet, it takes real effort to overeat.
why is garlic not allowed? Raw garlic is meant to be fantastic for your immune system etc?
Raw garlic contains a variety of enzyminhibitors, which may inhibitdigestion too much.
In fact, garlic is a natural medicin. And as with all medicins, you should only take it when its specific ingredients are required to combat some illness / disorder.
Of course, a little pressed garlic (its juice) to create a nice flavor is ok.
anoushka

Post by anoushka »

is the only ways of getting my fat through olive oil and avacado? not really fond of either..
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

No, you can also eat raw nuts (nuts shelled by yourself) and/or extra virgin coconut oil, for example.
By the way, some olive oils have a very dominant taste, whereas others are rather tasteless (which is perfect if you dont like the taste).
anoushka

Post by anoushka »

ah I think olive oil will be my best option as it is the most easy to get for me. Have there been people who have been able to stay on this diet for years now? also, about munch snacks, when is the best time to have them (obviously not the evening) or does this depend on the person?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

anoushka wrote:Have there been people who have been able to stay on this diet for years now?
Im on it since 1995.
There are many others who have been doing it for years.
also, about munch snacks, when is the best time to have them (obviously not the evening) or does this depend on the person?
The best time?
Once your skin is totally clear.
Only then can you start experimenting.
When you break out, you go back to the 100% strict version.
anoushka

Post by anoushka »

wow since 95, amazing, and you no longer get cravings then??
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

ha, ha, yes and no.
Yes, the smell of fried bacon still makes me say; "yummy!" :roll:
but when trying to eat it, it turns me off. :(
Its simply that things dont taste as they smell, or look; when I ate 'normal food', taste and smell seemed to be accordingly, but now that Ive been eating natural foods without any taste enhancers for so long, all other foods taste so very much 'plastic' and tasteless; it just doesnt taste as FOOD anymore...
anoushka

Post by anoushka »

wow i really hope i have the strength to reach that stage, amazing.
anoushka

Post by anoushka »

RMM, sorry to be nosy, but what do you eat on a typical day? like quantity,time etc and how much weight have u lost since on the diet?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Daily I consume about 4 Liters of OJ, with oil and sugar added, as that is what I can drink all day at work, while being physically active. I take sips of juice every 10 to 20 minutes.
When I come home, I prefer to eat a big salad of avocadoes (1), tomatoes (5), cucumber (1), oil, chives, vinegar and sugar, throughout the night.
On average I eat 2 bananas a day (if they taste good; lots of bananas have poorly / force ripened.)
Later at night I eat 133 gram of raw fish; salmon, tuna, mackerel, coquilles or surfclams, or fresh raw egg yolks, in one setting.

I was never overweight, so my weight is still the same (ripped, muscular). Of course it fluctuates, depending on whether I work too hard (=losing weight) and on whether I work out out intensively (=gaining weight). On this diet I need to prevent weightloss rather than gaining bodyfat.
anoushka

Post by anoushka »

Why do you add sugar to OJ? Isn't there enough sugar in OJ? And no breakfast?
Not overweight either, just not as skinny as I would like to be.
And how on earth do you explain this diet to other people, isn't it really hard when you go out for dinner or over to a friend's house etc, what do you do then?
anoushka

Post by anoushka »

sorry more questions!
1. do you stop eating at 7:30pm? (read somewhere in wai's book that you should stop eating after 7:30)
2. What if my eggs aren't organic? Is that a problem?
3. About not being physically active after eating protein, is that why you eat your protein at night then?