Can I do yoga and the diet? vigorously? garlic?

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
anoushka
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by anoushka »

yet another question, do you freshly squeeze that OJ everyday? how many oranges do you use on average?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I'll let RRM answer most of the questions, but about "no breakfast": you'll have to get used to having more than just 3 meals per day, and something which wouldn't count as breakfast can in fact be one. I myself eat 2 pieces of fruit with olive oil as "breakfast", but I don't eat "lunch" in the traditional sense. A sip of OJ (with olive oil (and sugar)), every 20 or 30 mins or so, over a longer period would easily account for one of the big meals in a traditional diet.

Sugar is (pure) energy, so adding that to OJ just makes it more energy-rich. Common belief is that sugar is "just empty calories", but calories are essential. Sugar is also a macronutrient (carbohydrate), so it will only be a problem if you either do not get enough micronutrients during the day, or if you eat too much, which on a traditional diet is easy to do because of the appetite enhancing substances.

I personally keep eating during the evening, until I go to bed.

The OJ is freshly squeezed the same day or the night before. I "only" squeeze 1 liter, for which 8-14 oranges are needed (depending on size and juiciness).
anoushka

Post by anoushka »

what about water? do you only ever wash your face with mineral water? also, i know alcohol isn't allowed, but isn't red wine good for you? and is drinking pocari sweat okay?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

anoushka wrote:Why do you add sugar to OJ? Isn't there enough sugar in OJ?
Yes, for normal activities there is. But im physically very active during my work, and we are only allowed 1 meal in those 8 hours, while we can drink as often as we want. As its always very busy where I work, I need to be able to ingest enough energy very quickly without eating. without the added sugar, I would have to drink much more, which wouldnt work in my situation.
And no breakfast?
As I constantly ingest energy, I dont need to create a reservoir of energy first. Taking sips of juice is my breakfast. But of course, you can eat some fruits fro breakfast...
And how on earth do you explain this diet to other people, isn't it really hard when you go out for dinner or over to a friend's house etc, what do you do then?
People who know me, know my dietary habits. You easily get the swing of it, explaining it to new people you meet. After a while, its 'normal' to them, as 'thats me'.
anoushka wrote:1. do you stop eating at 7:30pm? (read somewhere in wai's book that you should stop eating after 7:30)
Yes, I stop eating whole fruits, but not food thats very easy to digest, as juice and raw fish.
2. What if my eggs aren't organic? Is that a problem?
No problem.
The difference between cooked and raw egg yolks is enormous. The extra step of eating raw organic eggs does not make that much difference.
About not being physically active after eating protein, is that why you eat your protein at night then?
Exactly. Its also that rest is the perfect situation to enjoy that meal more.
do you freshly squeeze that OJ everyday?
I squeeze them the night before, or even 2 nights before (when im making juice for 2 days)
anoushka wrote:what about water?
If you drink a lot of juice, you dont need water; its almost entirely water already.
do you only ever wash your face with mineral water?
Not any more. All those rules of the sample diet are to exclude all possible dietary and grooming-related causes of acne. Once your skin is totally clear, you can start experimenting outside those rules.
i know alcohol isn't allowed, but isn't red wine good for you?
Yes, if you eat foods containing toxins, then the anti-toxins in wine can be good for you (and also not good for you), but if you eat raw natural foods, you dont need them!
and is drinking pocari sweat okay?
Whats that?
What does it contain exactly?
anoushka

Post by anoushka »

pocari sweat is basically an energy drink and contains: (straight off the can)

(mEq/l) (mEq/l)
Na+ 21
Cl- 16.5
K+ 5
citrate3- 10
Ca2+ 1
lactate- 1
Mg2+ 0.5

N u t r i t i o n Amount/Serving %DV Amount/Serving %DV
F a c t s ---------------------------------------
Total Fat 0g 0% Total Carb. 0g 0%
Serv. Size 11.4FLOZ(340ml) Sat. Fat 0g 0% Fiber 0g 0%
Servings Per Container 1 Cholest. 0mg 0% Sugars 20g
Calories 90 Sodium 160mg 7% Protein 0g
Fat cal. 0 ---------------------------------------
Vitamin A 0% * Vitamin C 270% * Calcium 0% * Iron 0%

INGREDIENTS: SUGAR, GLUCOSE, CITRIC ACID, WATER, CALCIUM CHLORIDE, NATURAL FLAVOR, ASMINO ACID, SALT.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Initially I thought it to be ok, but it contains added salt...
And amino acids, which is protein, as I dont think they added free amino acids...
So, no, not for the acne sample diet.
Once your skin is clear you can start experimenting drinking it though...
anoushka

Post by anoushka »

i cant get freshly squeezed OJ everyday and store bought OJ has some dirty protein, so I don't know what to do. Any advice??
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Can't get or can't make? Any fresh fruit juice with olive oil (and sugar if need be) should be fine.
anoushka

Post by anoushka »

can't make* sorry. oh okay, so for 500ml around how much olive oil would be needed, don't think I need the extra sugar, sitting down all day at school isn't very tiring physically haha.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

As much / little as required for you to still like the taste and to give it a more mild character, regarding your stomach. Experiment; start with adding a spoon of olive oil / 500 ml. Try 2 spoons the next day. Your taste buns will tell you whats the right dose for you.
anoushka

Post by anoushka »

btw I HATE TOMATO, do i need to put it in the salad?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

No, you don't have to. Any specific reason why you don't like it?
anoushka

Post by anoushka »

i just really don't like the taste, sounds pathetic but it's true, olive oil i actually love now but tomato no.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Okidoke. I just thought you could try cherry tomatoes (I'm not that fond of normal tomatoes either, unless I'm in a warm country...they usually taste much better there), but if you don't like the taste then it might not be so different for you.
anoushka

Post by anoushka »

so i can just eat more cucumber instead of tomato in the salad then?
also when i get cravings, can i have a teaspoon of vinegar? they help reduce cravings for me, or should I not to do that? (I am craving some munch food, and am not hungry enough to grab some fruit)