"dirty protein"; why does it afflict some, but not

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
twinee1
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

"dirty protein"; why does it afflict some, but not

Post by twinee1 »

Why does it cause acne and cellulite in some, but not others ?

My best friend and my husband are both on high protein diets for a decade and have incredible skin...so if dirty protein is so bad why does it not effect them ?
RRM
Administrator

Re: confused on "dirty protein"

Post by RRM »

twinee1 wrote:Why does it cause acne and cellulite in some, but not others ?

My best friend and my husband are both on high protein diets for a decade and have incredible skin...so if dirty protein is so bad why does it not effect them ?
Because acne and cellulite also (co-)depend on other factors; how effective is 'dirty' protein digested, how much dirty protein is actually ingested, how effective dirty protein gets cleaned up in the blood, how much ends up in the skin, your hormone levels etc etc etc.
All factors are individually different.
With acne, additional factors play a role (sebum production, sebum canal rigidity etc) that are also individually different.
twinee1

Post by twinee1 »

hmmm, so it depends on how your body "puts it all together " Complicated isn't it !! Thanks for the explanation.
avo

Post by avo »

I have been eating cleanly for a solid week, but just went out recently and had a lot (300g+) of previously frozen fish and squid, raw. I also had some flying fish roe, which contains salt, red food dye, preservatives etc. I didn't know it at the time, but it is really a no-no. I may have inadvertantly eaten a tiny bit of wasabi as well, so I'll see how badly I react to this meal a few days from now.

That brings me to a touchy subject: Is it better to fully allow digestion of a bad meal, or to throw it up? I know, I know, it sounds simple, but what if I simply ate too much protien or something that was worse than I thought it would be? Of course it is bad to make a habit of it, but I almost considered doing it last night. Never again will I allow the sushi chef to persuade me to eat more fish, even if free. Seriously, I'd like a serious answer, even though I will not allow myself to get into that situation again.
avo

Post by avo »

So the question is: is it worse for the body and overall health (including skin health) to digest and assimilate something not good (munch foods, chemicalized foods, etc) or to purge it? Of course it would be best to not eat it at all, but that is not the issue here, it has been done. I'd like as simple of an answer I can get, please.
twinee1

Post by twinee1 »

I would not purge a bad meal, that opens a whole can of worms. Besides it would have had to be done long before this post to accomplish anything worthwhile in regards to digestion.

So I would move on and say lesson learned, right ?
avo

Post by avo »

Right and right. I'll just suffer the consequences, and be more careful next time. I guess I was debating what I should have done, but that is pointless now.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I would also just accept it and move on. Learn from the mistakes...always a good thing. :)