migraine and low blood pressure

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
esprit
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

migraine and low blood pressure

Post by esprit »

Hi RRM/TK,

Thank you for all your research and your book and www's!
Maybe I did not search the forums and your book meticulously enough, but I have not yet found any information on the wai diet regarding low blood pressure (mine is in stressfull situations "normal" height of 120/80, otherwise +/- 100/65) and migraine.
My physician advised me to eat more salt to get my bloodpressure up, but I read in your book that we have a blood-salt ratio, so I don't think it is helpfull at all to increase the intake of salt.

I feel my migraines are cycle related (ovulation and/or period) and/or induced by stress, too little sleep, not eating at the right times.
I have to admit I have not yet kept a headache calendar/diary to be absolutely sure what the cause is for the migraine.
That is one of the reasons I wanted to do the Wai diet,it will be easier to find the trigger.

I am training and studying to become a Classical Pilates trainer and I not only interested in taking care of your body with exercise, but also in food and the effect of diets on people.

Other questions: I looked in every organic and health store in my area: unshelled brazil nuts are nowhere to be found, also purely water cured olives (always salted water),and the dried fruit is either pasteurized or frozen before drying. Do you have any stores/brands of food you could share? I live in near the Dutch border in Belgium.

Thanks in advance
en houdoe!
:wink:
avo

Post by avo »

I think you will soon find the answer to your headache question.

Personally, I think the blood pressure will return to a more normal level after you also fix the migrane issue. They both probably have related causes.

But no matter what the doc told you, do not increase salt. Actually, you should eat no salt at all. All the sodium you need is in the fruits you eat.

Good luck finding those items, they are hard enough to find in the USA. They may be good for you to slowly ween yourself onto Wai, but a time will come when you no longer wish to have them very often. Or not.

Best of luck to you!
esprit

Post by esprit »

Thank you avo!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Unshelled brazil nuts are hard, if not impossible, to find...maybe through a nut store/importer you can order them in bulk.
Water cured olives I haven't seen, but then I haven't been looking. You could try the internet.
Dried fruit we sometimes get from an organic market, where they sell sundried fruits. This is the Amsterdam region though, so I guess a bit far from your area...

Like you mentioned, once you're fully on the Wai Diet for a while, it will be easier to find possible causes for your migraine and low blood pressure.
Good luck, and ask away if you have more questions. :)
RRM
Administrator

Re: migraine and low blood pressure

Post by RRM »

esprit wrote:I have not yet found any information on the wai diet regarding low blood pressure (mine is in stressfull situations "normal" height of 120/80, otherwise +/- 100/65) and migraine.
You already point it out: "in stressfull situations".
Stress has enormous effects and you must see low blood pressure as a symptom, rather than something you must counteract directly.
I feel my migraines are cycle related (ovulation and/or period) and/or induced by stress, too little sleep, not eating at the right times.
Yes, they are all factors of influence.
You can get unshelled Brazil nuts online.

Houdoe!
esprit

Post by esprit »

Thanks for all your replies!
Oscar, Amsterdam (my birthtown BTW) is not that far in distance, only if measured in traffic jams. Next time I visit friends/relatives I will also plan a visit to the organic Noordermarkt.

I am still getting used to the egg yolks -now on 3 yolks a day, they still nauseate me a little upon consumption. Today was the first attempt to eat completely without processed food (except for the shelled brazil nuts and maybe the dried organic fruit and a half a liter of (green) tea which used to be about 3 liters of tea-suffer from whole leaves tea fetish- so I am cutting down).

My diet so far (175 cm and 57 kg), and I hope I am on the right track is:
1 liter fruit juices: 80%OJ, 20%mango and pear(from the extractor)+OO (as of tomorrow I will optimise the fruit combination)
2 bananas
1 apple
a handful of brazil nuts (organic, shelled- until I place my order for the unshelled ones)
a handful of wallnuts (own produce -delicious)
2 tomatoes + OO
half a cucumber + OO
1 avocado + OO
some lettuce
some dried apricots and prunes

More questions:
With regard to fruit peeling, should fruit also be deseeded before juice extracting?
Are chestnuts diet material, I guess not, since eating them raw is not very nice.
Is consuming lettuce every day a bad idea?
Is it ok to drink hot (filtered) water instead of tea (not directly after consuming egg yolk presumably)?

Thanks again in advance for your replies!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

esprit wrote:With regard to fruit peeling, should fruit also be deseeded before juice extracting?
If it means the seeds are going to be crushed/grounded into the juice, then yes. If it means the seeds just go into the pulp, then no.
esprit wrote:Are chestnuts diet material, I guess not, since eating them raw is not very nice.
You already answered it. ;)
esprit wrote:Is consuming lettuce every day a bad idea?
Yes. I'm not sure about the anti-nutrients, but lettuce is high in nitrate and nitrite.
esprit wrote:Is it ok to drink hot (filtered) water instead of tea (not directly after consuming egg yolk presumably)?
I think so, at least if it's not too hot, I guess. After a while it might start to feel weird to drink something hot.