Fatigue question/observation

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
Wendy
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Fatigue question/observation

Post by Wendy »

I am either drawing parallels where none exist, or simply noticing something about this way-of-eating.

Each time I eat too much at one sitting (has only happened twice during the last week), I become very drowsy and fatigued. In both instances I was definitely not listening to my body in regard to when to stop. Does this make sense???

Jeez, I could surely use a nap now.

Wendy
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

It makes sense in theory. If your blood sugar goes really high your body kind of over compensates to correct it, leaving it too low.

In practice, when I eat a well balanced wai meal, I usually don't get tired.

Are you eating fats (nuts, oil, avocado, etc) with your fruits?
Seth

Re: Fatigue question/observation

Post by Seth »

Wendy wrote: Each time I eat too much at one sitting (has only happened twice during the last week), I become very drowsy and fatigued. In both instances I was definitely not listening to my body in regard to when to stop. Does this make sense???
Despite the food being relatively easy to digest, it nevertheless takes energy to do so. Eating a huge meal of anything will often put you into a 'food coma'.
I suppose if you eat a large meal, do it several hours before getting to bed.
Frost

Post by Frost »

i heard rrm or oscar say that food digests most easily and effectively in our sleep. i would assume when the digestion load passes our bodies limits it would want to sleep it off.
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

Yes, that must be it. Well, live and learn. No more mindless eating!!!!
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

I think I was just not getting my proper fat-to-fruit ratio. I upped my fat-per-meal ratio as well as lowered my fruit-per-meal ratio the teensiest bit today (and increased my meal frequency without altering total consumption).

Feel completely different. Not an ounce of fatigue!

Wendy
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Very good! We all have to keep experimenting with what works the best (and that can change over time as well).
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Frost wrote:i heard rrm or oscar say that food digests most easily and effectively in our sleep.
When resting.
If food needs to be digested while sleeping, it may disturb our sleep.
Biev

Post by Biev »

I always fall asleep within 30 minutes after eating raw fish, I'm not sure why. I've even dozed off sitting at my computer more than once, in the middle of programming or chatting. Now I know, so I wait to eat the fish until the day is over and I just watch a movie in bed or something so that it won't matter when I fall asleep.

I should probably specify that before I started the diet I was severely sleep deprived, now I'm making up for it.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

The good cholesterol and the good fats in raw fats indeed have this 'drowsy effect' on you, particularly if you have a history of sleep (or cholesterol/fat) deprival.
Biev

Post by Biev »

Oh well that explains it. I've been deprived of all three for quite some time ^.^;;