Be gentle, it's my first time!

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
welshie
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Be gentle, it's my first time!

Post by welshie »

Hi everyone
I have only just discovered this site and have been blown away by the book and testimonies.
I am very keen to start the diet and have spent hours looking at various entries to get tips.
The fruit and nuts bit I can manage but I do eat quite a lot of junk/ prepared food and am worried about being able to sustain such a dramatic change in eating habits.
Also, I have no idea how to prepare raw fish and don't usually eat meat/fish and wonder if this is absolutely necessary.
Will give the raw egg a try and have read the advice to introduce it slowly.
Otherwise I was wondering if it's best to take a "dive straight in" approach or to introduce changes more slowly.
Anyone with advice on anything will be greatly appreciated :?
RRM
Administrator

Re: Be gentle, it's my first time!

Post by RRM »

welshie wrote:am worried about being able to sustain such a dramatic change in eating habits.
You just need to ask yourself this question:
Is having a clear skin important enough for me to do such a radical thing?
I have no idea how to prepare raw fish
You dont have to. Just go to a fishmonger and ask for raw salmon or tuna that you can safely eat raw. The tuna that you get from him you can eat it as it comes. Salmon often comes with some skin on one side, which you just need to cut away (also the second layer of skin that is somewhat brownish). Just eat the (orange) flesh.
don't usually eat meat/fish and wonder if this is absolutely necessary.
Yes, you need egg yolks or fish for specific omega 3 fats, for vitamin B12 and for good cholesterol.
Will give the raw egg a try
Remember just to eat the egg yolk, not the egg white.
I was wondering if it's best to take a "dive straight in" approach or to introduce changes more slowly.
Diving in requires lots of determination, but its much better because the slow approach may be very discouraging.
Doing just a tiny little bit wrong may already screw up everything.
welshie

Post by welshie »

Thanks for the reply.
I'm now off to clear out my kitchen cupboards/ fridge and then to the shops for the necessary stuff!
Wish me luck all you seasoned pro's...
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Get ready for (maybe) a rollercoaster ride... :shock:
But rest asure that eventually, the ride gets calmer and smoother. 8)
welshie

Post by welshie »

Well, it's the end of my first day- kind of.
I will put an entry on the diet diary but need to clarify a couple of things first.
Firstly, people have been talking about o.j. and i'm wondering how best to make it.
I have a regular glass juicer but that'll take ages to make one glass so I looked on the internet for juicers and there are all sorts!
I read somewhere that you shouldn't use a blade but not sure how these things work. e.g. there are whole fruit juice extrators (like Jack La Lanne) but I don't know if they're ok to use?
Also, people have been talking about shakes and I assume that means using a blender but I thought they aren't allowed?
I'm sorry if these questions seem daft and/or have been answered elsewhere- i've looked at the site for most of the day and have a bit of brain fog! :? (still)
Christina

Post by Christina »

Hi Welshie
Shakes are not allowed on the sample diet. Later on you can try if it's ok for u to have without breaking out.
I think that juicers that juice oranges are different from the reg. juicer. I'm not sure but google sth. like electric orange juicer or mechanical orange j.
If you have trouble eating the raw fish. Just cut it in tiny pieces and pour lemon juice over it, let it sit outside the fridge for 1 or more hours. It tastes better like that. Rinse your mouth after since the lemon juice it strong on the teeth. I generally recommend drinking the oj+oo with a straw to be safe from teeth problems.
Good luck. And don't tell too many people in the beginning. They might try to talk you out of it. And it's hard enough to at first go without your used to food stuff. Stay strong for two weeks. nothing but oo, fresh fruit, avo, fish, yolks, cucumber, tomato, (sundried, unsulfured dried fruit and nuts are ok but try without them if you can for 2 weeks), will give you the best results.
Christina
welshie

Post by welshie »

Thanks for responding
I'm returning to the shops tomorrow for some bottled water and to the fishmonger for fresh (hopefully) fish.
Just realised that i've hardly drunk anything at all today- normally drink several cups of redbush tea and 5-6 pints of water.
I'm not going to be able to go make-up free though, couldn't possibly go to work looking like this! :oops:
Hopefully it won't affect the outcome too much as I don't have severe acne? (although it is very sore tonight :( )
Christina

Post by Christina »

you don't need to drink so much on this diet. Just drink when thirsty. Volvic water is recommended.
When you go on your walks, go without makeup. Wear makeup to work if you feel better. But as you get healthier and walk in the fresh air you will not need it anymore so much at some point.