Vegatable question

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
halfgaar
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Vegatable question

Post by halfgaar »

Hi there,

I'm planning to give the Wai diet a go, but I have a question. I'm used to eating a lot of lettuce and carrots. Are they really forbidden, because they are vegetables?
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I wouldn't say they are forbidden, where did you get that from? Maybe I forgot about them.

Do you like lettuce? If so, what kind? Iceburg is close to eating water.

I used to eat salads every day (years ago), because I thought I should (fiber, minerals, etc). It took a lot of effort to make and eat them and I really didn't like them at all. I've since been convinced that eating salads doesn't really give you anything extra and causes gas.

Have you read the free acne book and all the articles on waisays.com?

The research that is summarized majorly influenced the way I eat.

I tend to follow wai, but eat more animal protein and fat than the diet recommends.
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

I wouldn't say they are forbidden, where did you get that from? Maybe I forgot about them.
I kind of deduced that, because lettuce is a plant, and we shouldn't eat plants, according to the Wai diet.
Do you like lettuce? If so, what kind? Iceburg is close to eating water.
Sometimes iceburg, sometimes, well, I don't know, "normal"? And yes, I do like it. I agree that it is kind of like eating water, but perhaps that's also because lettuce is grown on water nowadays, as opposed to on soil. Therefore, it also doesn't contain the nutrients it should anymore.
I used to eat salads every day (years ago), because I thought I should (fiber, minerals, etc). It took a lot of effort to make and eat them and I really didn't like them at all. I've since been convinced that eating salads doesn't really give you anything extra and causes gas.
When I think of salad, I think of a bunch of vegetables and/or fruits hold together by mayonnaise, but that's not what I eat... :)
Have you read the free acne book and all the articles on waisays.com?

The research that is summarized majorly influenced the way I eat.

I tend to follow wai, but eat more animal protein and fat than the diet recommends.
I have read most of the articles on waisays.com, and I only skimmed through the free acne book.

Tomorrow I will start with the Wai diet. An experiment first, for a number of weeks. I know the Acne sample diet is a little different from the Wai diet, but waisays.com also stated that they are basically the same.

The thing is, I still have to decide whether to eat carrots and lettuce or not.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

halfgaar wrote:
Sometimes iceburg, sometimes, well, I don't know, "normal"? And yes, I do like it. I agree that it is kind of like eating water, but perhaps that's also because lettuce is grown on water nowadays, as opposed to on soil. Therefore, it also doesn't contain the nutrients it should anymore.
I think it is because iceburg is a version of lettuce that is meant to be that way. You can grow fiberous plants with a hydroponic system and they can assimilate what they need. I mean, you don't just add water, plants need more than that to grow.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I still have to decide whether to eat carrots and lettuce or not.
There are 2 reasons why you better dont.
1) they contain little energy and especially when you start this diet, it may be hard to ingest enough energy so that you better focus on energy-dense foods. Consuming too little energy is the number one mistake made by beginners.
2) they are very fibrous, which is a burden to your digestive system. And as a beginner your intestines may need some time to adapt to this diet. The fewer fibers your diet contains, the more likely it will be perfectly able to digest everything (including protein) perfectly. Perfect protein digestion is one of the conditions of an acne-free skin.
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

OK, I'll try to go without them :)
sugarbarbie

Post by sugarbarbie »

ok, now I am confused. I really don't want to eat salads because the make me gassy but I swear wai said to eat it I'll go look for the link.
If You Can Paste And Submit, Then You Can Grow 2,346 Downlines In a Year
http://www.opportunityplr.com/?rid=357
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

I've also reconsidered, because the Wai diet is very much acid forming food. Carrots and lettuce are good compensators, as they are alanine forming.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

What do you mean by acid forming?
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

Wai consists mainly of acid forming foods, so one needs to compensate for that. I believe it's something that is not considered in Wai, and should be remedied in my opinion.
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

We really should have edit functionality on this board...

I didn't mean to turn that into a quote, but an URL... So, check this.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

sugarbarbie wrote:ok, now I am confused. I really don't want to eat salads because the make me gassy but I swear wai said to eat it I'll go look for the link.
Maybe you are thinking of the avocado, tomato, cucumber salad, with olive oil.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

halfgaar wrote:We really should have edit functionality on this board...

I didn't mean to turn that into a quote, but an URL... So, check this.
the site you referenced provides to references and they are selling a solution to the 'acid' problem. I'd tend to think are motivated to promote that idea.

Also, the link you posted says fruits alkalize and animal foods acidify. This diet is largly comprised of fruits, so why do you think it is a diet the link you posted would describe as acidifying?
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

the site you referenced provides to references and they are selling a solution to the 'acid' problem. I'd tend to think are motivated to promote that idea.
There are a lot of books and other texts which also address this issue, and giving no commercial solution. They just give advice as to how to adjust your diet.

There are a lot more sources which can inform you about acidity and alkalinity. Throw it at Google, and behold. (it's been suggested that pointing someone to Google as source for information is not really a good idea, but it is the most objective source you can get, so it's still my best advice.)
Also, the link you posted says fruits alkalize and animal foods acidify. This diet is largly comprised of fruits, so why do you think it is a diet the link you posted would describe as acidifying?
Because a lot of fruits alkalize only by a marginal amount, while eggs, meat and fish are very acid forming. Carrots and lettuce are very alkaline forming.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

halfgaar wrote:
There are a lot of books and other texts which also address this issue, and giving no commercial solution. They just give advice as to how to adjust your diet.

There are a lot more sources which can inform you about acidity and alkalinity. Throw it at Google, and behold. (it's been suggested that pointing someone to Google as source for information is not really a good idea, but it is the most objective source you can get, so it's still my best advice.)
Because a lot of fruits alkalize only by a marginal amount, while eggs, meat and fish are very acid forming. Carrots and lettuce are very alkaline forming.
I'm already am familiar with the concept of pH. I'm looking for you to provide a reference to your statement of how eating fish or eggs can alter the pH of my body.

i've read that on many websites, specially vegan sites and have never found any real reports of measurable evidence.

In my opionion google is not subject nor is it objective, it is just a list of sources. many are subject many are objective...