NEW :) some q: variety? feeling weak, nuts? sugar?

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
Momo
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

NEW :) some q: variety? feeling weak, nuts? sugar?

Post by Momo »

Hey wats up :) I just discovered this diet and I've already started as of yesterday night

Umm OK so I just wanted to know if the stuff I'm eating is OK

I have apples/oranges/bananas those are usually the 3 fruits I eat

- Should I have a bigger variety? Or is that OK

-What shud be the avacado/cucumber/tomato ratio

Right now I'm using 1/3 cucumber 1/2 avacado and 1/2 tomato and I think the ratios all messed up. I'm interested in knowing what your ratios are

Today I ate 2 raw egg yolks for the FIRST time. I thought it was Gross :P,

is it alright if i put a lil sugar in it?

Also for drinks, I heard a lot about OJ and stuff, Does it really matter? Can i just drink water instead?

As far as nuts go, I'm currently on raw Walnuts. I've heard a lot about brazil nuts and hazelnuts but Haven't heard much about the walnuts.

-Are they OK as a hazel/brazilnut substitute?

Oh and I've been having a tiny capful of OO in my salads

Can someone rate my diet or something? I just don't want to screw up or miss a step.

Thanks~
Iris

Re: NEW :) got some questions/concerns

Post by Iris »

Momo wrote:Hey wats up :) I just discovered this diet and I've already started as of yesterday night
Hi Momo, welcome to the forum!

Your questions are already answered in other topics, so when you'd read a lot here you'd know... But I'll help you out.
- Should I have a bigger variety? Or is that OK
Nope, 3 different fruits is just fine. Just listen to your body, and when you feel like you need more of another fruit, take it. But many others on this diet have only a few fruits they mainly eat. You can have more variaty, but you don't have to
-What shud be the avacado/cucumber/tomato ratio
Right now I'm using 1/3 cucumber 1/2 avacado and 1/2 tomato and I think the ratios all messed up. I'm interested in knowing what your ratios are
There is no indisputable ratio. The ratio doesn't matter. It's what you like best.
When I eat it, I have a lot of tomato's and less cucumber and avocado. And often no avocado at all. Sometimes I have that many avocado in it I use no plain oil at all. So everything is fine, as long as you listen to your energy levels carefully ;)
Today I ate 2 raw egg yolks for the FIRST time. I thought it was Gross :P,
:shock: I can't inmagine! :lol:
is it alright if i put a lil sugar in it?
Yep, If I remember correctly, in the free acne book Wai mentions mixing yolks with some suger; makes it taste like vanilla. So go ahead.
Also for drinks, I heard a lot about OJ and stuff, Does it really matter? Can i just drink water instead?
You don't have to drink orange juice (or any other juice for that matter). A lot of people just find it helpfull in managing their blood suger level and easy while working/studying. But if you rather eat whole fruits, then that's perfectly fine too. And if you get thirsty, you could drink some water indeed. Make sure it's low in minerals, but then it's ok. But if you're not thirsty (and you probably won't be, because of all the fruits you eat (they already contain a lot of water)) you don't have to drink water. And it's better to not drink it close to your meals, as it interveres with your gastric juices (say +20 minutes before and/or after)
As far as nuts go, I'm currently on raw Walnuts. I've heard a lot about brazil nuts and hazelnuts but Haven't heard much about the walnuts.
-Are they OK as a hazel/brazilnut substitute?
Yes they are. But I think they do contain some toxic substances. But I'm no expert on nuts; I don't eat them myself. They don't taste good to me. But have you tried macadamia nuts? I think they where reccomended when one couldn't obtain brazilnuts. (Please correct me if I'm wrong...)
Oh and I've been having a tiny capful of OO in my salads
You can vary the amount of oil in your salads to see what suits you best. Your body will tell! ;)
Momo

Post by Momo »

Thanks for Your AWESOME response :)

I guess its a very personalized diet kinda

OH i actually have MORE questions/concerns

I've been on the diet for a day *yay*

THE cravings are KILLING ME. My family makes like the MOST delcious smelling food, and its so hard to resist.

This morning I felt really weak, shampooing took more energy out of me then it should

and I always have this empty feeling in my stomach :|

Oh and hwo BAD is it if you cheat. Theres this dinner coming up soon.
Good side- Its japanese cuisine meaning raw fish
Bad side- I cant just eat raw fish I WANT EVERYTHING :|

Is it really as bad as people say?

And eating Other things can't be that bad right? Like I dunno, Celery/Carrots. Noodles? SO far the diet is working GREAT but the cravings are so severe its KILLING ME :P

Oh and the sugar dosen't disolve in the egg yolk. It tastes wierd

And I'm already sick of the avacado salad Its so bland

I guess the diet gets getting used to. but so far results are AWESOME

The community here is so helpful ;)
fictor

Post by fictor »

Momo wrote:This morning I felt really weak, shampooing took more energy out of me then it should
Did you eat anything before showering? On this diet you should eat first thing in the morning, to
replenish blood sugar.
Momo wrote:and I always have this empty feeling in my stomach
This is often referred to as 'stomach-hunger'
and is caused by the fact that you are used to eat larger
meals, that fill your stomach. These large meals does
more than just replenish blood sugar. They make your
blood sugar go too high, and insulin is secreted. Stomach
hunger will pass quickly, as you get used to eating more
frequently, smaller meals.
Momo wrote: Oh and hwo BAD is it if you cheat. Is it really as bad as people say?
That depends on what you cheat with. A large hamburger,
with fries, milkshake and a pie afterwards, will certainly produce
acne in those who are susceptible to acne.
Momo wrote: And eating Other things can't be that bad right? Like I dunno, Celery/Carrots. Noodles?
Carrots are not a very bad
thing, they are used by many people on this diet, including myself.
Celery is certainly better than say chocolate or pizza, but noodles
are no good. Rice and potatoes are considered relatively good
munch foods, but still munch foods.

Momo wrote:Oh and the sugar dosen't disolve in the egg yolk. It tastes wierd
Try a little raw honey (the honey needs to be raw/not heated). I often mash banana with a fork, adding egg yolks, honey and
olive or coconout oil. Mmmm... banana-eggcream..tastes very vanilly :)
Momo wrote:And I'm already sick of the avacado salad Its so bland
Spice it up with some chives and/or lemon juice. Or raisins,
carrot or apple, if you are in the sweet corner! ;)

A good tips for newcomers I think is to take good care of your teeths.
That is so far the biggest (and only, really) problem I have had with this diet. Flush your mouth wit some water after eating, brush properly, do
not use abrasive toothpaste and so forth.

Good luck, and keep us posted! :)
Iris

Post by Iris »

Momo wrote:Thanks for Your AWESOME response :)
Sure, my pleasure! :)
I guess its a very personalized diet kinda
indeed, there are options enough to choose from.
THE cravings are KILLING ME. My family makes like the MOST delcious smelling food, and its so hard to resist.
I think we all had them in the beginning, but they will disapear if you just hang in there! It will go faster if you just ignore them and stick to the diet. One thing I find crucial in maintaining this diet is yolks, but if you're here for acne it might be a problem to increase your yolk intake. When it's realy bad, you may be eating to little. If you feel like eating something, just eat some fruit. Sometimes your cravings will disapear afterwards.
This morning I felt really weak, shampooing took more energy out of me then it should
Fictor already answered this one for you, but I wanted to ad this might also indicate you're not eating enough. You might want to eat something before you go to sleep.
Oh and hwo BAD is it if you cheat. Theres this dinner coming up soon.
Good side- Its japanese cuisine meaning raw fish
Bad side- I cant just eat raw fish I WANT EVERYTHING :|
It is plain simple; assuming you're here for acne, what do you want more, eating everything at this diner, or to get rid of your acne as fast as possible. Of course you can eat everything, but then it just takes longer to get where you want to be :)
And I'm already sick of the avacado salad Its so bland
Then don't eat it!!! :? It's not that you have to! If you like fruits better, just stick to them instead. I haven't had any salad in a long time. When I'll get hungry for salads I'll eat them again, otherwise not.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Also, on this diet you need to pay special attention to keeping your blood energy level up. On this diet you need to eat very frequently; every time that your energy level goes down a bit, you immediately have to eat / drink something.
Momo

Post by Momo »

Oh THAnks RM, iris and fictor :)

I went out today and I totally felt weak and woozy. I guess I need more fruit intake.

Oh and I had no idea that the avacado salad thing was optional. I thought it was mandatory :P, I'll still have it, but I wont see it as necessary

I heard around the forum that egg yolks will get you drowsy. I slept 2 hours after I had egg yolks yesterday which is why I tihnk its true.

So does that mean it woudl be better to have egg yolks closer to bed time?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Not eating (frequently) enough is the mistake which is made the most. We're coming from 3 big meals a day and have to go to numerous small snacks, that's quite a difference. Like the other have said, whenever you feel (even slightly) hungry, that your energy goes down or is low, eat something. Combining sugars with fat makes the energy last longer.

Cravings, we all had them...the food addiction is as strong as any other addiction. Keep going! :)