There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
Mr. PC
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Mr. PC »

Hi, I'm new to the diet and have a few questions.

I actually started about a month ago, not so much for acne although loosing it would be a bonus. I'm a piano player with a repetitive-strain injury and have been trying to heal for 3 years. The wai diet seemed to be helping but my (extremely conservative) family thought I was gonna die eating raw food. They complain about the money even though I payed for it, and they think I'm anorexic. Part way through the diet though I started getting a rash, sometimes all over my body but sometimes in different areas with no apparent pattern. I also get a lot of stomach burn so maybe it's possible I'm reacting to high acid levels? The rash usually only comes at night and Benedril (allergy suppressant) helps.

I was on the strict diet with the exception of store-bought fruit-juice and brita water. And chocolate and coffee and tea.

Should I go back to the diet? How do I deal with my family? Can I drink Brita water? They'll freak if I start drinking expensive bottled water, possibly blaming the recession on me;)

Also I get this thing on the side of my nose, related to cradle-cap/dandruff. It looks kindof like acne but it's caused by a fungus. My doctor says nizorol, which is a dandruff/anti-fungal.

Thanks
Iris

Re: new member

Post by Iris »

Hi, welcome on the forum!
I also get a lot of stomach burn so maybe it's possible I'm reacting to high acid levels?

I also have it when I'm also eating cooked foods. Chocolate can also be the cause, so maybe you could try to stop eating that. But also sourish fruit, yes. So make sure the fruit you eat is very sweet. Sweet apples seem to be fine, just as melon, mango and even strawberries. So experiment a bit to see what works best for you and stick to those foods.
Should I go back to the diet?

You should do what feels good to you. Ask yourself what makes you feel best, and you'll know what to do. Nobody can tell you, as this is different for all people.
How do I deal with my family?
They are your family, so eventually thet will get used to it if you stick to the diet. When they see the changes in you (energy-, beauty- and health wise), they will respect your choise. But I think that when you keep eating the same foods they do once in a while, they will keep trying to win you over and stop this "crazy diet" of yours, because they feel there is a chance you'll listen to them (and you/they won't see the benefits that clearly). Of course, these are only my thoughts.....
fictor

Re: new member

Post by fictor »

Mr. PC wrote: I'm a piano player with a repetitive-strain injury and have been trying to heal for 3 years. The wai diet seemed to be helping
This diet wont heal repetitive strain injury. I got this myself from
working with computers, right when I started this diet. I am not
saying it was because of the diet, but the diet did not prevent
or cure it. Try shock-wave treatment! It has worked good for me, so
far. I am currently trying to get back to work and slowly train
my arm back to its old self.
Mr. PC wrote: my (extremely conservative) family thought I was gonna die eating raw food. How do I deal with my family?
Die from eating raw foods? That is totally illogical, and
plain wrong. Show your family the info from the Wai
websites, and encourage them to think for them selves.
Raw food is natural. They probably eat raw food
themselves, like salads and fruits. Raw f\animal foods
are also common in many cultures and countries
(sushi/sashimi, steak tartare etc.) If they think you
would lack nutrients, show them the nutrient calculator
Mr. PC wrote:The rash usually only comes at night and Benedril (allergy suppressant) helps.
If anti histamines help, it is
probably an allergic reaction. Try to find out if some of the foods
you eat are causing it. Is it after eating egg yolks, perhaps?
Or apple? Tomato?
Mr. PC wrote:I was on the strict diet with the exception of store-bought fruit-juice and brita water. And chocolate and coffee and tea.
That is not very strict at all, I am afraid :)
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

thanks guys.

that's not strict?! well if the diet's not going to help with my arms I'm not sure if it's worth it. I've done a lot of research on raw food diets and research shows it's good for healing of all kinds.

From what I read there weren't many negative effects to caffeine, besides possible elevated testosterone levels. Are store bought juices really that bad? I know way said to juice them yourself but I thought this would be one of the least important aspects. From what I gathered the worst things are cooked protein/fats/cholesterol, salt, wheat, and dairy. Chocolate contains a little bit of those things, and juice contains a little salt, but I think if I have water with them I can wash most of that away. I'm hoping Brita will do, it takes out chlorine and calcium but leaves other minerals pretty much the same, so does that mean it will increase my water retention?

Thanks guys
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Also; any tips on making yourself want to eat? I have extreme depression and have to force myself to eat anything besides chocolate sometimes. I weigh 120lbs right now, and am 6 foot 2. (I don't know the metric off hand). Before my wrist injury I was 145 lbs. Drugs don't seem to do anything, maybe because it's more about external issues (I'll try not to turn this into a psychological support thread), so I'm just wondering, are there ways to make yourself eat more?

thanks
Iris

Post by Iris »

Make sure to eat a lot of egg yolks, as they contain clean cholesterol, which influences serotonin levels. It will probably have a huge impact on your depression. I know, cause I'm dealing with strong depressions and extremely severe traumatisations myself, and yolks realy help! My mother had the same, and yolks also helped her a lot. It won't make the cause go away, obviously, but life seems a lot brighter because of them. And when you'll feel much better, maybe your appetite will return subsequently.
fictor

Post by fictor »

Mr. PC wrote: that's not strict?!
I do not think that using several "cheat items" can be considered
strict, no. I only "cheat" with raw carrots, raw cod liver oil
and raw butter oil. These are all among the least harmful
of non-Wai foods, but still I do not consider myself to be on
a strict Wai diet.

Mr. PC wrote: well if the diet's not going to help with my arms I'm not sure if it's worth it.
I did not say it was not going to help, I said it was not going to cure
your arm. Your arm needs rest, treatment (for example the kind
I suggested above) and then rehabilitation training.

Good luck :)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

The diet does help in that (at least on the strict diet) it seems to make us more supple, so in that sense it might help with the injury. I notice it with violin playing.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Oscar wrote:The diet does help in that (at least on the strict diet) it seems to make us more supple
How has this been measured?
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

My theory was that if my body isn't repairing damage from bad food, i can repair other damage faster.

Also muscle and tendon and nerve tissue not over-retaining water would cause it to stretch, and in general function, better.

And even the brain being healthier would increase the body's ability to heal.

Are those all valid conclusions?

Anyways my family is making this really difficult for me. We don't have a lot of money right now and they're blaming my expensive diet for all their problems. I said that being healthier would be mean less sick-days etc. but they don't even agree that my diet's healthy. They really don't listen to anyone who's not on a TV screen or in a position of authority. Too bad there's no waisays on dealing with your family;)
fictor

Post by fictor »

Mr. PC wrote: Anyways my family is making this really difficult for me. We don't have a lot of money right now and they're blaming my expensive diet for all their problems. I said that being healthier would be mean less sick-days etc. but they don't even agree that my diet's healthy. They really don't listen to anyone who's not on a TV screen or in a position of authority. Too bad there's no waisays on dealing with your family;)
As I said, show them the Waisays website, the nutrient calculator. Invite
them to a real discussion about this diet. Ask them what they think
is unhealthy about it, then prove them wrong. Ask them what they think
is healthy, and then prove them wrong again.

My family does not bother me much any more, but they still tend
to defend themselves if I criticize their diet :) They have started
eating a lot of smoothies with coconut oil, and a few of them
even tsted raw egg yolk/fish/meat :) Id say they are getting there.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

In my experience it is hard to deal with people who have been exposed to the scientific method. For example, if you told them to prove their assertion that you are not getting enough nutrients they would probably feel that you need to prove you are. If you were dealing with a scientist they would (in theory) be more ready to take on the burden of proof.
fictor

Post by fictor »

In that case; show them a typical Wai diet submitted in the nutrient
calculator, and take it from there. It is easy to prove this diet is
more healthy than most other diet.

So far, my only doubt with the Wai diet it is effect on the teeth, apart
from that, I think it is close to the 'perfect' diet, if one can claim that
such a thing exists.

That being said, of all the topics I have ever looked into, human
nutrition seems to be one of the most complex issues there is.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

johndela1 wrote:
Oscar wrote:The diet does help in that (at least on the strict diet) it seems to make us more supple
How has this been measured?
Purely personal experience from me and people I know, most notably my mother (77yrs).