What's goin on here?

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
Sinead
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

What's goin on here?

Post by Sinead »

Hi Everyone,

I have been following the wai sample diet for 3 weeks now and my skin is reacting in a peculiar way. I only ever get acne on my face, and over the course of the last year it has gotten worse than ever. I have decided due to the info on the wai website that this has been due to my introduction of alot of vegi juices, steamed vegis and brown rice I thought I was being really healthy! I was avoiding fruits due to their sugar content. I was also experiencing alot of stress anyway cutting to the chase I couldn't handle it any longer and was prescribed antibiotics for two months. They pretty much worked but as usual only for about two months and the acne started to return. It came back in really odd places, like above my eyebrows and between my eyes, even on my eyelids!! I could not understand this and as I was preparing for an interview I lost the plot and lathered on benzoyl peroxide resulting in burnt pussy crusty skin yuck!! I was so depressed and ashamed I had to really force myself into going to the interview I couldnt face meeting people wanted to curl up and hide. Anyway I did go and got a place on a postgrad course starting in September so I really want to have my skin problems under control. Since being on the diet my forehead as gotten alot better mostly left with scars and a few active pimples but its another story with the rest of my face. Along both sides of my nose radiating out in the cheek area (my nose is ok) are inflamed patches of red angry raw bumps that seem to be spreading. I'm horrified what if it keeps spreading? Some of the bumps have white pus coming out of them but when squeezed carefully after a shower nothing comes out. They are quite hard and really dry and itchy. I never used to get spots ever in these areas although there were backheads there. Why is this happening? I am beginning to think its a reaction to the orange juice its impossible to get ripe juicy oranges they are all quite hard skin has to be cut with a knife. I am only using volvic water and Simple cleansing lotion I have even given this up cause my skin is so sensitive. I thought with all the olive oil it would be less dry I am not experiencing the soft dewy skin at all. Its dry dry dry and sore. By the way i'm using walnut oil to moisturise a drop or two mixed with water. It almost looks like a patch of exema or psoriasis but with some heads filled with pus?!!! Any suggestions I am eating bowls of fruit various types+avocado+cucumber+approx 1.5L orange juice with 50 ml oo and 2 raw egg yolks in oJ. Tried farmed raw salmon felt like puking no way. Is it ok to eat smoked fresh atlantic salmon? I would like to thank everyone for all their postings on the forum the info has been really interestng and informative and actually very calming to hear other peoples views and ups and down.
slea

Post by slea »

Hello Sinead,

I would definitely give the diet more time. Are you sure you don't have rosacea? It sounds similar to the symptoms that I used to have. I started out with cystic acne in my early 20's and took accutane, but that was before I knew about this way of eating. As I got into my 30's I developed acne rosacea and my derm at the time said that happens sometimes, the acne changes. I started searching for answers even though the derm told me diet had nothing to do with it, (hahahaha!!) and found Wai. My skin started changing immediately for the better. It took a little over a month when I first started, but my rosacea is 90% under control now. I say 90% under control because if I ever stray off of Wai, I still break out a little if I eat something that I am not sure of the ingredients. The main culprit is sulfates and some types of alcohol. Anything that is a vasculator (dilating the blood vessels) can cause a flair up. I think that the body heals it's self over time on the Wai diet because my skin improves all the time and I've been eating this way for almost five years.

One other thing, try the salmon again. It makes a BIG difference in my skin. Smoked is not allowed. Keep up the good work!

Definition

Rosacea (ro-ZA-she-uh) is a chronic, inflammatory skin condition that affects adults. It causes redness in your face and produces small, red, pus-filled bumps or pustules.

Left untreated, rosacea tends to be progressive, which means it gets worse over time. However, in most people rosacea is cyclic. This means your rosacea signs and symptoms may flare up for a period of weeks to months and then lessen for a while before flaring up again. Besides acne, rosacea can be mistaken for other skin problems, such as skin allergy or eczema.

https://ssl.search.live.com/health/arti ... qu=Rosacea
Sinead

Post by Sinead »

Hi Slea,

Thanks for your reply but I really don't think it is Rosacea as this has only happened since I started the diet like 3 weeks ago! I never had symptoms like this although I always had oily skin which was prone to erruptions just not quite like this, but your right I intend to give it more time. Perhaps I always had dry skin but was masking the problem with moisturisers and consuming the wrong foods resulting in it becoming more oily. It probably needs time to adjust to the new diet and removal of chemicals. Thanks again.
slea

Post by slea »

You're welcome! :D
fictor

Post by fictor »

Sinead wrote: It probably needs time to adjust to the new diet and removal of chemicals.
That is my experience as well.
I use a lot of cold pressed coconut oil as a moisturizer, and it
works ok. I use no soap in my face either.
Sinead

Post by Sinead »

Hi Fictor and Slea,

Just to let you both know that yesterday by reducing the orange juice but still eating alot of fruit the redness has decreased and the inflamation has gone down aswell. I don't know if this would have happened anyway but I was kinda sick of unripe orange juice (too acidic). I don't want to get too excited about it cause I am trying to keep my emotions stable and to accept the fact that this is going to take some time. Good news is that my neighbours hens are laying again (they took the winter off!) so from today I will have a good supply of gorgeous organic eggs wayhey. Thanks for the tips.
fictor

Post by fictor »

Sinead wrote:I was kinda sick of unripe orange juice (too acidic).
This acid can also be very hard on you teeth, so be careful with that.
Sinead wrote: Good news is that my neighbours hens are laying again (they took the winter off!) so from today I will have a good supply of gorgeous organic eggs wayhey. Thanks for the tips.
Oh, lucky you! My hens are not going to start again in at least
1-2 months :(
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Sinead wrote:Good news is that my neighbours hens are laying again (they took the winter off!) so from today I will have a good supply of gorgeous organic eggs wayhey.
Was there a hot spell or something to cause this or do chickens consider winter to be over in Feb?
Sinead

Chicks

Post by Sinead »

Hi, its all to do with the amount of light the hens get, hens need 16 hrs/day of light in order to continue laying eggs all year. In winter there is less light so they take a break from laying. In contrast battery reared hens continue laying all year due to the artificial light. Ireland has fairly mild short winters so by now there is enough daylight for the hens and hence the eggs cool eh!
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

just like plants...