Only Fruits and Nuts?

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
Marcel
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Only Fruits and Nuts?

Post by Marcel »

Hi guys,

since this year I'm trying to eat vegan, so I rather wouldn't like to eat raw fish and raw egg yolk.
I can't get unshelled Brazil nuts here in Austria, however I can get unshelled Macadamia, Pecan, Hazel and Walnuts.

Would it be dangerous in some way to eat only the following foods (nothing else, no munch food) :

• Bananas
    Apples
    Grapes
    Oranges
    Pears
    Mango
    Melons
    Coconut
    Pineapple

Avocado
    Tomato
    Cucumber

Macadamia
    Pecan
    Hazel
    Walnuts
    (all nuts raw and unshelled)
The differences to the actual Wai-Diet are:
- no egg yolk and/or raw fish
- no brazil nuts (instead the above-mentioned)
- no olive oil

Will I miss any nutrients eating that way? Any deficiency?
Something to take care about?

Thanks for any help and suggestions! :)

Greetings from Austria,
Marcel
RRM
Administrator

Re: Only Fruits and Nuts?

Post by RRM »

Hi Marcel.
Marcel wrote:Would it be dangerous in some way to eat only the following foods
You would have to eat at least 100 gram of nuts daily to get enough protein.
You may be lacking cholesterol, depending on your cholesterol metabolism.
You may also lack vitamin D (again depending on your cholesterol metabolism and daylight exposure)
and of course you will lack vitamin B12, and probably some of the omega 3 fats (depending on your omega 3 metabolism)...
So, im strongly advising against this version of the diet.
fictor

Post by fictor »

Why no olive oil?
Marcel

Post by Marcel »

Hi RRM, thanks for your post.

fictor, I don't like the taste of olive oil that much.
Maybe I should try another kind of oil, like cold-pressed walnut or macadamia oil.

What about salt? Do I have to eat a tiny bit (1-2 gram) salt or would one get enough sodium from fruits and nuts?
Iris

Post by Iris »

What about salt? Do I have to eat a tiny bit (1-2 gram) salt or would one get enough sodium from fruits and nuts?
no, you don't have to eat plain salt. Even a tiny bit can make you retain water and cause acne. And yes, there is enough of it in fruits.
Marcel

Post by Marcel »

Iris wrote:
no, you don't have to eat plain salt. Even a tiny bit can make you retain water and cause acne. And yes, there is enough of it in fruits.
I found this list via google.

and this:

About 500mg of sodium a day is considered the least you need. That's 1/4 teaspoon of table salt. There is no official recommended daily intake for sodium. However, healthy individuals are advised to limit sodium intake to 2,400mg, and that figure is used for determining the percent daily value for sodium on food labels.
source: http://yourtotalhealth.ivillage.com/how ... -need.html

Is that true?
For 500mg I would have to eat about 250 Apples + 250 Bananas daily :shock: :lol:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Marcel wrote: About 500mg of sodium a day is considered the least you need. [...] There is no official recommended daily intake for sodium.
Wonder how they got that number... ;)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

One of the first appearing symptoms of a low blood salt level is muscle cramps. If you dont experience these, you dont need to worry about salt intake.
Luckily, our body is very capable in keeping salt in the body when little salt is available in our food.