New here...Having a lot of trouble already!

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
RainbowBright
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by RainbowBright »

Thanks. The hardest time for me is the morning. I just seem to have trouble getting my blood sugar to stay in a normal range. (I've been hypoglycemic for a long time.) Before this diet I would always eat something heavy in the morning, like a breakfast burrito (eggs, beans, tortilla, cheese) or perhaps bacon and oatmeal with milk. In fact, I think breakfast was my most important meal, in terms of blood sugar. Now I'm not really sure what to eat in the morning. Today I ate a salad of avocado, cucumber and smoked salmon (which I found out is raw, by the way), with lots of olive oil on top. That seemed to be enough to fill me up and keep my blood sugar normal. But is it ok to eat protein at the same time as the salad? I think I need to read the diet again! There are a lot of rules!
Iris

Post by Iris »

Cold smoked salmon can still make you retain water..... There is a whole chemical process involved to lenghten shelf life etc. You can find more information using the search engine.

And about eating protein with fruits; it is better to eat them seperate indeed (because of the fibres), but it very much differs per person I think.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Much has already been answered, but I just wanted to say that I think your priority should be with getting your diet right (eating enough, etc), and when you're totally comfortable with it (in a few months or so) then we can see about the cellulite. I know, patience is hard... ;)
RainbowBright

Post by RainbowBright »

Thanks Oscar! That's what I'm having trouble with right now, just getting the diet down. I find that I don't really want to eat all that fruit. I have blood sugar issues, and I really need to eat heavy foods. Sugary things, even fruit, cause me to get light-headed and dizzy quite quickly. Less so if I eat tablespoons of coconut oil with it, but I still don't feel quite right without the heavier foods.

My favorite thing to eat on this diet has been the avocado, cucumber and cold smoked salmon salad with olive oil. But it sounds like the cold smoked salmon is not acceptable, so I guess I am going to have to rethink what to eat. Unfortunately, much of the time I just end up not eating, and I've already lost about 3 pounds, which is ok, but I am not overweight, so I don't want to keep losing.

I have been eating a few raw eggs here and there, and I think that is helpful. I suppose I should be discarding the white and just eating the yolks, but I find it eaier to just swallow the whole raw egg down in one gulp.

Thanks for the input everyone. I'll keep working on it and keep you posted!
RainbowBright

Post by RainbowBright »

So, I've been reading through the messages on this forum and found this posting:

"Typically, the first thing I eat in the morning is a fruit salad made up of a mushed up (by fork) banana with a pear or apple or kiwi. To this I add olive oil and an egg yolk."

That sounds like something I would definitely be able to eat, and that would probably result in stable blood sugar for me. Do you guys think that this is a good meal, or is there a problem with combining the protein (egg yolk) with the fruits and oil?

Thanks!
RB
Iris

Post by Iris »

It might be fine. As I mentioned earlier, you might have trouble with digesting the protein properly because of the fibres in the fruits. But it's also possible you don't. So I'd try and find out :wink:
RainbowBright

Post by RainbowBright »

Thanks! I'll try it tomorrow.

One thing I'm having trouble quitting is tea...which is funny because it seems like such a harmless drink. But I am realizing that I am actually addicted to the small amount of milk I put in the tea, and not the tea itself. I also think that dairy products don't agree with me, so it's a little weird to be addicted to them.

Gosh, I sound like just one problem after another don't I? Sorry to be such a whiner! I think I just need another week or two to get the hang of the diet.

Thanks for the advice!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

No worries, you're just experiencing what we've all experienced, kicking the addictive habit...

The reason you crave 'other' foods is because of the addiction. I myself craved crunchy foods, which I couldn't find on the diet.

Like you found out, make sure to combine sugars with some fat. Try to swap the smoked salmon for fresh salmon, if you can.
The milk in the tea is indeed quite addictive, but the tea itself too, especially if it contains caffeine. Addictions don't really follow any logic. ;)
RainbowBright

Post by RainbowBright »

Thanks Oscar! I feel like I am making progress with the diet. For breakfast today I had a "salad" with egg yolk, mashed banana, apple pieces, and coconut oil. It was actually pretty good and definitley filling and good for my blood sugar. At lunch I had a salad of avocado, tomato, cold smoked salmon (need to replace this with raw salmon) and olive oil. So far so good! I just need to make a few adjustments here and there, get off of the tea (which also has a negative effect on blood sugar, by the way) and I think I will be on my way to a mostly wai diet!

Thanks for all the input, it is a big help!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Sounds good :)

In a few days, or a week, you might want to start working your way towards eating more often, let's say once every 1.5-2hrs. This might mean you have to make the standard meals a bit smaller in order for you to add another snack meal in between.