insulin resistant

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
KatERrin
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

insulin resistant

Post by KatERrin »

Hi there!
I have recently stumbled across this forum & the Wai diet. After doing ALOT of research & reading over the past year in regards to the ultimate diet for our energy/ health needs i have a few questions.

Firstly i suffer from PCOS - this is a hormone imbalance - which has the lovely side effects of weight gain, fluid retention & acne (to name a few)

I have read that eating fat (oils) with sugar is actually bad for pre-diabetic conditions as it raises insulin secretion. Thoughts?

I have been following WAI for about 8 days & notice my skin is softer but already i am noticing my jeans are tighter. Although eating frequent meals helps stabilize my blood sugar. Could i be the one person this diet isnt for?

I eat:

Mashed Banana, coconut oil, sultanas (morning)
manderin - 9am
manderin - 10am
manderin -11am
SALAD -cucumber, tomarto, sprouts, chives, x2 yolks, apple cider vinegar - 1pm
Kiwi - 3pm
Kiwi - 4:30 pm
50g salmon raw - at night
sultanas -at night

I have a pretty inactive life at the moment as im working behind a desk. I understand this will contribute. I have also read other posts and realise i have not added much oil and am probably not eating 'enough' but i am not under weight at all in fact one would think i eat quite a bit for my size.

Any information anyone has in regards to insulin resistance & this diet would be awesome!

Thanks & kind regards
Kath
KatERrin

Post by KatERrin »

I should also add that i have been adding oil up until today, but im a bit worried about the weight gain. I have just thought it might be best to keep my fats / sugars separate so my body can utlise the sugars in my system hopefully without storing them!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Welcome. :)

I don't know anything about PCOS, but the way the insulin system works combining sugars with fats is a good thing. Insulin in secreted when conversion has to happen, either from glucose to glycogen or from glucose to body fat. The latter goes easy if there are fatty acids available from food, so insulin levels can drop quickly (so less is needed).

If you eat only 1 mandarin and 1 kiwi where you mention them, you don't seem to eat enough. You can check by entering all you eat into the nutrient calculator (http://www.waidiet.com/nutrients/waicalcsimple.html). With a sedentary life you should still be somewhere close to 2000kcal per day, if it's less than 1500kcal then it's definitely not enough.

Not eating enough or eating low-fat can cause the body to hold on to fat and store more when it can. You seem to spread out your meals pretty well, just eat a bit more (also at night).