doubts and questions

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
Mrs. Shie
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

doubts and questions

Post by Mrs. Shie »

Hello there,

This is my first post. I have been on this diet for 12 days now, not for cellulite or acne, but for constipation. Quite serious. Since about 2 months ago my stools are as thin as a pencil and in small quantity. So far with this diet I have a bowel movement almost every day, but still as thin as a pencil. I could hardly chew and swallow food for the last few days before starting this diet, I felt so stuffed up.

The first week on this diet was hell for me. I work full time, take care of the family (all grown ups) and hardly have time for something else. We all eat out, for the 3 meals of the day, so it is quite stressful to find time for this new activity (go to the market, washing, peeling, cutting, blending fruit, etc.). I didn't get enough sleep all the first week and almost fell sick with sore throat. This 2nd week is a bit better. Since i don't have an issue with acne, etc. so I use salt, a little soy sauce in the salad, ginger, blended bananas, etc. OK?

Anyway, the most important for me is to drink juice because is the best way that i am able to swallow such quantities of fruit a day. If i had to chew, I couldn't eat half the amount required. I have many questions and doubts, I hope you could give me an answer:

1) foremost, i want to understand if i use a juice extractor, can i throw in the whole fruit, i mean, seeds and all? Because I could go crazy if i had to seed the fruit as well. I refer to watermelon, grapes, the best part of the guava is where the seeds are. How about pitaya (dragon fruit)?
I try to eat as many different kinds of fruits as possible, otherwise the eating is not enjoyable, it turns boring, always the same. Watermelon and grapes are great to put moisture in the juice without adding water or sugar. Now is not orange season here.

2) So far i haven't found unshelled nuts, so i'm not eating that, is it OK?

3) I'm eating only 1 yolk a day because the best organic eggs i find (5 or more times the price of the regular ones) don't meet Wai's standard of freshness. Is it too little yolk?

4) When Wai's diet says 100gr. of rice, is it weighted cooked or raw? This is my main munch food, with some salt and 1 or 2 tbs of olive oil. Is it OK for my guts' condition?

5) if i add the yolk in the rice, how hot can the rice be, or not at all?

6) i'm taking biofermin 3 times a day (composition:Concentrated Bifidobacterium bifidum 2 mg, concentrated Lactobacillus acidophilus powd 2 mg, concentrated S. faecalis powd 2 mg) is it OK? Because 2 weeks ago all that I ate and wasn't starch or meat, could clearly be seen in my stools: vegetables, fruits, etc. completely undigested. I started the biofermin together with this new diet. Now my stools look much normal. I try to have as little fibre as possible, but to the office I can only take whole fruits.

7) when Wai's diet says 1 litre of juice a day, it refers to juice made in an extractor without any water added, is it correct? So if i do it in a blender, with all the pulp and some water added, i have to drink more than 1 litre, yes?

8) Any recommendation to detoxify the body and help regenerate the intestinal flora? I have ALL my molars with amalgam fillings, if you know what I mean. I hear that this poison also contribuites to constipation. Take the fillings out is absolutely not an option.

Thanks so much for whatever help you can give me.
Mrs. Shie

Re: doubts and questions

Post by Mrs. Shie »

I forgot to mention that I am 52, going through menopause, 155cm tall and 54kg.

(in my previous message i intended to write number 8 and ) but instead there was a ) 8) so funny. i'm new to forums)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Welcome. :)

I'd say thin as a pencil isn't necessarily bad, as long as it comes out normally. Also, with less fiber intake and more efficient and easy to digest foods, stool doesn't have to be much nor bowel movements every day per se.

If you can juice once a day for the whole day and carry a juice bottle around (adding a bit of olive oil (and sugar)), that simplifies things.

ad 1. if it's a centrifugal juicer that shouldn't be a problem at all.
Fruits are boring when you're still addicted to the addictive substances in cooked foods. The body "wants" to look for other foods in search for those substances.

ad 2. no problem.

ad 3. if you also eat raw fish, it's ok. If not, try to up it to at least 3. How fresh/not fresh are the organic eggs?

ad 4. no idea.

ad 5. preferably not at all. Did you try eating it with a mashed banana?

ad 6. you might want to stop this, because fiddling with the intestinal bacteria balance is something best left to the body. Maybe slowly decreasing it would be the best thing to do.

ad 7. i'm not sure where this is mentioned, but fruit juices can be consumed instead of whole fruits. This means it's the equivalent of the nutrients in whole fruits minus the fiber/pulp.

ad 8. the best way to detoxify would be the strict version of the diet, so to cut out all munchfoods. Don't worry about your fillings.

To prevent the 8) you'd have to disable smilies in your post (checkbox under the text window when you post something). ;)
Mrs. Shie

Post by Mrs. Shie »

Thanks so much for the reply.

Sorry, I still have some lingering doubts:

1. If the juice is not made in a centrifugal juicer, but with another type or blender, then we really have to take all seeds out? :shock: :cry:

2. Are the 100gr. of rice cooked or uncooked?

Allow me to explain that thin as a pencil stools means partial intestinal blockage. Old, drier stools are in there and not coming out. This can be very bad if turned into total blockage. That's why I asked if in this condition I can still eat rice some times, as a munch food.

i don't pretend that with this diet the old stools will come out, I thinks that's too much to ask; but at least i don't want to add more.
Mrs. Shie

Post by Mrs. Shie »

I forgot to mention. All the eggs I buy have watery white.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

ad 1. technically yes, but I'm not sure how harmful it would be if you wouldn't take them out.

ad 2. just go with 100gr cooked.

Please keep us posted on how it's going with the stool.

The watery egg whites don't necessarily mean you can't eat the yolks anymore. As long as the yolks are solid yellow and you can still hold them between fingers and thumb, I'd say give them a go.
Mrs. Shie

Post by Mrs. Shie »

thanks so much.
Oscar wrote:ad 1. technically yes, but I'm not sure how harmful it would be if you wouldn't take them out.
I know. I guess I will just have to surrender.
Oscar wrote:Please keep us posted on how it's going with the stool.
For one good thing, I AM having bowel movements and that is already good enough.
Oscar wrote:As long as the yolks are solid yellow and you can still hold them between fingers and thumb, I'd say give them a go.
I am eating them anyway because I have no other choice. Two days ago I increase to 2 yolks.
summerwave

changing diet

Post by summerwave »

Everything is hard until you have no choice. Then it is all very easy...

In all things, one finds this. It is ultimately relaxing, in a way, to have no choice.

Ill health does this to us, too. It is what made it all the easier (but still hard) to give up certain foods, as it is true: many addict our bodies.

When you have no choice, in a way, it is a blessing.

Good luck, and good health. Listening to your body is the best-- it knows far better than your mind does what it wants.
johndela1

Re: changing diet

Post by johndela1 »

summerwave wrote: When you have no choice, in a way, it is a blessing.
Check out this guys ideas about choices:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO6XEQIsCoM
summerwave

choices

Post by summerwave »

Took his class in college....
Mrs. Shie

Re: choices

Post by Mrs. Shie »

Thanks everybody so much.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Great speech, true as well (from a consumer economist's point of view), but I don't agree with his conclusions.