Extreme Cravings for Fruit and Nuts.

There are lots of rules you can break; so thats what happens a lot...
monsamouse
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Extreme Cravings for Fruit and Nuts.

Post by monsamouse »

I'm 17, I lost 90 lbs in 7 months using the 'Wai Diet'. I'm 5'9 and used to weigh 250 lbs, now I weigh 160 lbs. I've gone from a 42" waist measurement above my naval to 31.75" .

Until the last two/three months, I hadn't experienced any serious cravings for fruit or nuts, I was satiated with very little; some days I ate almost nothing. Now...now these last two/three months I've been having extreme cravings to eat fruit and nuts, and I just do what my body tells me, so I eat more. My weight has stabilized at 160 lbs and I cant seem to go under. I feel like I could lose 20 more lbs, but these cravings wont go away, and if I don't eat more I just don't feel right. I've gone down as low as 155 lbs a few times already, but it was very difficult, and the cravings to eat more returned until I reached 160 lbs again, then diminish once I go over.

I'm just wondering if this is a sign of my body being at its 'set weight' and why it would be so high, because I still have a good amount of fat around my stomach, although, it is exaggerated by loose skin I have from all the weight lost.

Here's a picture. You can see my face is very thin already.

Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

My guess is that your body now needs to start finetuning your weight, which needs a more precise energy management. Could you give us a list of exactly what/when/how much you eat on an average day?
monsamouse

Post by monsamouse »

This is essentially what I eat almost every day:

Breakfast:

Typically around 6 - 8 am

2 oz raw nuts or seeds (always raw...pumpkin seeds, brazil nuts, cashews, almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds)

either a whole cantaloupe or a whole pineapple

and

one - three bananas

Lunch:

Typically around 11am - 1pm

1-2 oz raw nuts or seeds
two or three fruits (orange, banana, peach...)

a couple times a week I end up eating a big salad at this time. (romaine lettuce, baby spinach, carrot, cucumber, tomato, red pepper, olive oil and vinegar as the dressing)

Dinner:

Usually around 3 pm - 6 pm

Same as lunch.

Also, I end up eating a can or two of sardines a week...I don't feel safe getting any sashimi around here. We used to have chickens so I used to eat a couple raw egg yolks every day, can't do that anymore.

I hope that helps.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Okay, so essentially you're eating 3 big meals a day now. You need to make those meals smaller and more frequent. For instance you could start by cutting the amounts in half and eat twice more often.

Go easy on the lettuce, spinach, and red pepper, maybe add/replace with some avocado.

Of course the sardines are not good to eat. Why don't you feel safe getting raw fish?
monsamouse

Post by monsamouse »

No reliable places near me for fish.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Can you elaborate a bit more? They don't sell any fish, the fish isn't fresh, it's prepackaged, etc?
monsamouse

Post by monsamouse »

Not fresh, and prepackaged...There is a sushibar an hour away from here, though, but eh.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

If the fish is raw, then you could just try it out. I've eaten fish from supermarkets on many occasions. Yeah an hour away is a bit far... :?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I buy Tilapia in the supermarket.
If fresh, then it isnt considered a safe option (sweet-water fish infested with parasites), but if you deep freeze it for 3 days minimally, its perfectly safe, and still very taste.
I usually stuff my freezer with it.

Regarding the cravings:
what you are doing now, is boosting the release of insulin with every meal, so that you are more or less an insulin junkie, and that causes cravings.
What you need to do is gaining control over your blood sugar (and insulin) levels.
The only way to do this is by consuming very small meals very frequently, so that really learn about your direct energy needs. Once you managed to do so, losing extra weight is a piece of cake (or fruit).
Teach yourself never to take a whole lot of bites in a row. Just a few bites, and then stop. Is there a immediate need for energy? No. Wait until there is.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

If you're having a hard time eating all the time it's also a good idea to eat your sugars after fats (don't know if you were already doing that.)

RRM, do you buy the Tilapia fresh and than freeze it? What are the 'downsides' to freezing?

Do you think it would be ok to eat frozen supermarket fish? I've done that before, but I thaw it with hot water and I feel like sometimes the water cooks the fish a little.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:RRM, do you buy the Tilapia fresh and than freeze it? What are the 'downsides' to freezing?
Im living in Holland (The Netherlands), so, there is no such thing as fresh tilapia here.
All the tilapia is priorly frozen.
Regarding acne there is no downside.
just a slight loss of nutrients, but it still tastes very good.
Do you think it would be ok to eat frozen supermarket fish?
Depends on the supermarket (what is their policy?)
If you buy in a very popular and high-end supermarket, the fish is probably very good.
I've done that before, but I thaw it with hot water and I feel like sometimes the water cooks the fish a little.
Simply use water that is less hot.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Even cold(ish) water works. ;)
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Ah, I wish I lived in Holland. Someone was telling me recently about a town named Christiana near Holland; do you know about it RRM? (Sorry to go off-topic.)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I think you mean a part of Kopenhagen in Denmark.
It has kind of a free-spirit, leftish, creative, spiritual, subversive culture that you may also find in Amsterdam (Holland).
Yes, I love living in Amsterdam.